Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-31-2013, 09:25 PM
Elite Fan

An Unnatural Arrangement(2.06)- Episode Discussion

An Unnatural Arrangement(2.06)

CAPTAIN GREGSON IS TARGETED IN A HOME INVASION, ON “ELEMENTARY,” THURSDAY, OCT. 31

Talia Balsam Guest Stars as Cheryl, Gregson’s Wife

“An Unnatural Arrangement” – When Captain Gregson’s home is invaded, Holmes and Watson work to find the masked gunman before he strikes again. Meanwhile, Gregson gives his team some insight into his private life, on ELEMENTARY, Thursday, October 31 (10:01 – 11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Talia Balsam guest stars as Cheryl, Gregson’s wife.

SERIES REGULARS:
Jonny Lee Miller (Sherlock Holmes)
Lucy Liu (Joan Watson)
Aidan Quinn (Captain Tommy Gregson)
Jon Michael Hill (Detective Marcus Bell)

WRITTEN BY: Cathryn Humphris
DIRECTED BY: Christine Moore

source

Last edited by severalmiles; 11-01-2013 at 06:09 AM
Old 11-01-2013, 02:25 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for starting the new thread.

It's Elementary my dear Watson
Old 11-01-2013, 06:07 AM
Elite Fan

just watched the episode and loved it!

finally some insight into Gregson's life

I thought that the detective who asked Joan to help him with that case might have become a potential love interest, but it didn't go that way who knows about the future though! also loved how he referred to Sherlock by his socks

my favourite bit though was when Sherlock gave Watson the case of his old files he really has come such a long way, especially to believe that Watson might be able to solve a case he couldn't, a year ago he would have thought that if he couldn't do it then nobody could!
Old 11-01-2013, 08:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Holmes and Watson doing the break down on the prisoners in the holding cell was nice. Also the one guy wanting them to do his, funny. Masked man waiting in Captain Tommy Gregson's home. Mrs. Cheryl Gregson knew what to do. Barricade herself in bedroom and shoot him through door. Then call 911. Later I see it was a mistake to go there, he had wrong home. Her and Tommy were not the target. And thinking back, the masked man did not say Gregson's name. Then suspects/ex soldiers, James Monroe, and Sam Clennon are shot to death. Gregson fan, Dustin P. Bishop, killed self. He wanted to be part of investigation. Not a good way to do it. He had shot himself in wrong shoulder. Jason Esparza stabbed Clennon back in Military. So he was mad for Clennon cheating, as his GF did. But didn't kill him.
I figured with the dog barking all that much something was up. And a dog walker told about the Blue vehicle in front of Gregson's too. Clennon and Monroe were stealing artifacts. Elizabeth Roney seemed to be too, but her hubby Cameron killed the 2 guys. But the one company wanted to dig in the artifact area for copper. So it would destroy history??!
Quite a few twists and turns and at times confusing.
Nice that Detective Craig Baskin(Blue Bloods), wanted Watson to help on a Felafel cart case. Holmes wasn't interested until I guess he thought it would take away from Watsons help on this case. Watson was going to tell Baskin she couldn't help right away. Holmes figured it out and sent Baskin the man's name. He confessed. Watson was not pleased. Holmes thought she would like to solve it herself since she didn't go with Holmes's team aspect.
But later it was nice he let her have to work on his chest of cold cases he hasn't solved. At end he could see how she liked it. Seems like he said about thinking Marriage is old fashion and telling Gregson he thinks partners is a good thing. That tells you along with Holmes telling Watson she is learning fast, are all good things. He is starting to care, a lot!
Both Holmes and Watson learn some about Gregson. Holmes gives Gregson permission to talk to
Watson if he wants about his marriage. Holmes told Watson how he figured they were separated. Nice talk at end by Gregson and Cheryl. Giving her, now quiet, Goth(the dog) for protection.
Seemed like a lot of separated or more couples here.

Last edited by webruce; 11-01-2013 at 08:22 AM Reason: added info.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:44 AM
Loyal Fan

I really liked the episode - finally some insight into my Tommy

Want to rewatch before I comment - Maybe tomorrow
Old 11-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Elite Fan

I loved how this episode was based around the idea of partnerships, and how Sherlock has adapted to working with Watson
the moment where they both get ready to pick the lock without realizing the other is also doing it
Old 11-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Absolute Fan

I have to say I'm in love with this season. Loved getting an insight into gregson.

Holmes and Watson constantly evolving is joy to watch. I still however predict Sherlock will relapse by season end,
Old 11-02-2013, 11:22 PM
Elite Fan

Really looking forward to watching this episode tonight.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly2790 (View Post)
Holmes and Watson constantly evolving is joy to watch. I still however predict Sherlock will relapse by season end,
you could be right, and it wouldn't surprise me if Moriarty had something to do with it!
Old 11-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Elite Fan

It would not surprise me either if he had a relapse by the end of the season either. It would be interesting to see how he and Joan's relationship would change as a result of that.

I quite liked this episode. I really liked that we finally got to see a different side of Quinn. I really hope that we can see some more scenes between him and his wife before the end of the season. It was also nice to see Sherlock helping him even though Quinn wasn't too sure about him helping him. I liked that it showed that Sherlock cared about Quinn.

Quote:
Masked man waiting in Captain Tommy Gregson's home.
That totally freaked me out!! I was not expecting that at all. It was a nice little twist when she revealed who her husband was.

Quote:
Quite a few twists and turns and at times confusing.
I thought that as well. There were so many people coming and going that I think at one point I lose track of who was who and who knew who. I quite liked the episode. Not my favourite one of the season so far but still a good one.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreva_99 (View Post)
It would not surprise me either if he had a relapse by the end of the season either. It would be interesting to see how he and Joan's relationship would change as a result of that.
yes, it would it would be interesting to see the difference between how they were at the start, when Joan was just his sober companion, compared to now. I feel like they have come such a long way, friendship wise, that if he were to have a relapse, Joan would treat him differently to how they were at the start.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:57 PM
New Fan

[QUOTE=foreva_99;72564081]It would not surprise me either if he had a relapse by the end of the season either. It would be interesting to see how he and Joan's relationship would change as a result of that.

AH! I hate to hear that but you all are probably right. Having relapse is not unheard of with addiction..it's rather common actually....but what would be the trigger?

I can think of a couple:

-moriarty messing with his head

-his Dad messing with his head, or something issue there or an old family thing

-something happens to Joan and it's his fault cuz he didn't listen to her or something...

something with guilt ...would tear him up and create that possibility.

The good thing though is that even if Joan wasn't able t help him. His brother has that new nifty restaurant in NY and would proabably jump in to help him since he couldn't help him when he was a small boy. (they went to separate boarding schools as I recall)

hmm, lots to think about...gotta go..I work two jobs which is why I haven't had to timet o post here before. but i'll be lurking on my phone ...ciao!
Old 11-11-2013, 02:20 AM
Master Fan

I liked it better when Captain Gregson was Tobias than Tommy. But it works for him, though personally I like Thomas better.

Hehe, the writers were able to put the word "bellend' in the show. Most people don't know what it is slang for, it just made me laugh. I find a lot of British slang very creative and funny.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really enjoyed this episode. I loved getting to know more about Captain Gregson. Of course Sherlock already knew about the separation, and of course he suggested Gregson could talk to Watson about it

I loved the scene where Sherlock gave Watson the files of the cases he couldn't solve. I felt bad for her when he had already solved the other case for her.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh I need to rewatch this one, sounds so familiar but forgotten about all of it.