Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-24-2013, 04:14 AM
Elite Fan

Ancient History(2.05)- Episode Discussion

Ancient History(2.05)- Episode Discussion

HOLMES AND WATSON INVESTIGATE THE DARK WORLD OF THE MOB WHEN THEY DISCOVER THE BODY OF AN ASSASSIN, ON “ELEMENTARY,” THURSDAY, OCT. 24

“Ancient History” – Holmes and Watson find themselves digging through the dark world of the mob to find a killer when they discover the body of a former assassin. Meanwhile, Watson helps a close friend track down a mystery man who swept her off her feet, on ELEMENTARY, Thursday, Oct. 24 (10:01 – 11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:

Jonny Lee Miller (Sherlock Holmes)

Lucy Liu (Joan Watson)

Aidan Quinn (Captain Tommy Gregson)

Jon Michael Hill (Detective Marcus Bell)

WRITTEN BY: Co-Executive Producer Jason Tracey

DIRECTED BY: Sanaa Hamri
source
Promo photos

Old 10-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Elite Fan

New thread. New episode.

It's Elementary my dear Watson
Old 10-25-2013, 07:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

Joan Watson shopped with her friend Jennifer Sayles. Nice to see Joan out with friends. We haven't seen them I don't think since she told them about Sherlock Holmes and her Sober Companion job. They weren't amused. Jennifer was looking for an ex lover Tony. Holmes thought it was a wild goose chase. She went to a Club and asked around but no good. Not sure what the answer was. Maybe he was just to hard to find with such little info. But we find out Sherlock was with Jennifer. Then when Sherlock "explained" to her about Tony, he was with her again. But she now knows that Joan knows. Maybe why Sherlock has not been with ladies of the evening lately!??. Joan got Sherlock with the "Jen wanted a baby" joke, well partly.

We find the two are working on cold cases because things must be slow. But they go to the morgue and check bodies for clues. Sherlock knew about the Polish Mob emblem? He finds a Polish hit man,Leo Banin who was Vitaly Antecoff(sp). Who we find is trying to open a Senior Center. Didn't suspect the wife(Lara) until later. It all came down to the money they had for the Center. Leo borrowed some from Gertz and Lara was worried.

Funny Holmes found Travis Hardwick and his 2 dates in the motel. I was worried they would call Captain Gregson and find out his body was not in the cement. Sherlock figured it out by the ticket in his Ford F250. Holmes message to him, "your alive, that's unfortunate!" lol.

Nice little run around to find Leo Banins killer with the loan shark Russell Gertz(looked like a mob guy), and Polish Mobster Marko Zubkov and Travis Hardwick before it moved to leo's wife Lara and the Hit man, Gregory Andrioff and how Leo took him out and how Lara shot and caused him to crash with motorist Melissa Aswire.

Not a lot of action tonight for Captain Gregson and Detective Bell, but they helped.

Last edited by webruce; 10-25-2013 at 08:26 AM Reason: added thought
Old 10-25-2013, 10:19 AM
Elite Fan

awesome episode, loved the way the whole 'Tony' storyline worked out with Joan's friend, hopefully we will get to see her again at some point! The end scene was hilarious, Sherlock's face was priceless before he realized that Joan was kidding

wish we had some more scenes with Gregson and Bell in them, although I did like the line Bell said to Watson when they were putting on their bullet proof vests

the main storyline was interesting, even if the 'murderer' was a bit predictable, and I loved Sherlock's inappropriate lines about every one being alive
Old 10-25-2013, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't read the posts above. I'm going to watch the episode tonight and I'll come back tomorrow
Old 10-27-2013, 02:24 AM
Elite Fan

Looking forward to watching this episode tonight.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreva_99 (View Post)
Looking forward to watching this episode tonight.
hope you enjoy it
Old 10-29-2013, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I missed it..
Old 10-30-2013, 02:40 AM
Elite Fan

I thought that it was a great episode.

Again something a little bit different from the normal crime dramas which is one of the reasons why I love this show so much. There were some great moments between Joan and Sherlock which were so funny.

Sherlock and Jennifer - really hope that she makes an appearance again sometime during the season.

Old 10-30-2013, 08:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreva_99 (View Post)
Sherlock and Jennifer - really hope that she makes an appearance again sometime during the season.
I would love to see how they would act around each other
Old 10-30-2013, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by severalmiles (View Post)
The end scene was hilarious, Sherlock's face was priceless before he realized that Joan was kidding
It's those little moments that are priceless and add so much to their relationship

I liked seeing someone from Joan's life. It's important to make the characters well rounded; yes, she lives and works with Sherlock, but there's more. So many times shows fall into that trap. I hope we'll see more from their lives.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:39 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiab (View Post)
It's those little moments that are priceless and add so much to their relationship

I liked seeing someone from Joan's life. It's important to make the characters well rounded; yes, she lives and works with Sherlock, but there's more. So many times shows fall into that trap. I hope we'll see more from their lives.
yes it is good that they show Watson doing 'normal' stuff like going on dates and seeing her friends
Old 02-16-2016, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Was this episode supposed to air earlier? On Netflix it's listed as episode 2x02

Anyway, I liked this episode. The opening scene where Joan was shopping with her friend was nice, she seems very different around her friends. I felt bad for her when she went through so much trouble to find 'Tony' and then it turned out to be Sherlock But I loved the final scene where she got back at him, that was great.

The case was okay, but I thought it was funny that Sherlock was so determined to find a body
Old 02-16-2016, 10:33 AM
Master Fan

Good question.

I would have loved to have met 'Tony'
Old 02-17-2016, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TONY!!! I really can't remember this episode!