Fan Forum Hero

BECAUSE THEY COULD
Old 01-18-2017, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 01-18-2017, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

‘I am constantly disappointing people by not being Scottish’

Quote:
How confident do you feel about the film?
‘I feel confident. No, not confident, but I feel good about the film. I do find it hard to be objective, because I’m pretty critical of myself. But I think people are going to enjoy it for different reasons than they expect.’

Different how?
‘It’s a different movie, for sure. The first film is about frustration and anger and rebellion. It’s about this youthful energy. You can’t make a movie about a bunch of guys in their forties and fifties and have it be about that. I think it’s more about love and loss, bad decision-making, who your friends are and what you’re left with.’

Has time been kind to Sick Boy?
‘Not really. His maturity level is sort of stuck. He’s running a pub and he’s also running a scam. He’s stuck, and it weighs on him, even though he wouldn’t admit it.’

Is Sick Boy the character people always associate you with?
‘Yeah. And it’s funny, because I don’t feel I’m anything like him at all. Back in the day, people would be like: “****ing hell, it’s Sick Boy.” But that’s not me, I’m not that confident guy. It goes with this job: people think you’re one thing, but you’re not.’

You’re the only actor who’s not Scottish. Did you have to work on the accent?
‘I am constantly disappointing people up in Scotland by not being Scottish! But yeah, I worked with a voice coach. And I have done Scottish a few times since “Trainspotting”.’

People have been talking about a ‘Trainspotting’ sequel for years. Did you ever think it would happen?
‘I always felt it was a possibility, yeah. And I had faith in Danny Boyle. I believe in Danny Boyle, I really do. I know that he’s not going to pull the trigger on something if it’s not right. And I have the greatest respect for him that he didn’t do it ten years ago, because it wasn’t right.’

If any other director had been involved, would you have done it?
‘Not a chance. I wouldn’t see the point. It would be like someone else playing Renton.’

Did you all look healthy and tanned then have to spend an hour in make-up getting your teeth stained yellow?
‘No! I came straight from filming inside a studio in New York; I was not looking healthy and tanned! I do try and take care of myself, but if you put the right kind of light on any of us, we do look ****ed.’

Sick Boy is famous for his Sean Connery 007 impersonations. Does he do a Daniel Craig in the new film?
‘No, though that would have been good. I don’t think an impression of Daniel Craig would be as easy as Sean Connery.’

Does it surprise you how much people in their twenties – who were barely born when the first film came out – love it?
‘Yes! All the kids who work as production assistants on the show I do here [in America, ‘Elementary’], they’re in their early twenties and they all love “Trainspotting”. I’m always amazed by that. And then you get depressed. You’re like: “How old were you when the film came out? Six? ****.” Hopefully that’s a good sign. It means that it stands up as a good movie. I think it’s a terrific movie.’

When you were filming the original, did you think you might be making a classic?
‘No, we had a vibe that we were making a pretty good movie. You can kind of sense that. But when you’re that age, you’re not really thinking about that. You don’t give a **** whether it’s going to be big at the box office. You don’t care. You’re just there having a great time, doing what you want.’

People were furious with the film for glamorising drugs. Did you get criticism for that personally?
‘No. And we never felt it did. But we were kids really. I was out there going crazy, tearing stuff up. It’s not that I was socially irresponsible, but one thing I think we all knew about was the reality of drug use. We didn’t feel like the film had a positive, encouraging message about drugs. Bad **** happened in the movie when drugs were taken.’
Old 01-18-2017, 11:14 AM
Elite Fan

There's something sort of attractive about Jonny with the blonde hair. The baldness is another story though

Thanks for posting Jonny's interview and the bit from Ewan's, I am really interested to see how the film turns out!

It's interesting to read about Ewan and Jonny's relationship because it always felt to me that Jonny was the odd one out of their friends group(Jude, Ewan, Sean, Sadie etc.).
Old 01-18-2017, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by severalmiles (View Post)
There's something sort of attractive about Jonny with the blonde hair. The baldness is another story though
I agree! He looks different, I wanted ot say younger but I can't tell what it is, I like it though.

Quote:
Thanks for posting Jonny's interview and the bit from Ewan's, I am really interested to see how the film turns out!
Me too! I can't wait to see how their life have become

Quote:
It's interesting to read about Ewan and Jonny's relationship because it always felt to me that Jonny was the odd one out of their friends group(Jude, Ewan, Sean, Sadie etc.).
That's funny! I've always thought Jonny was a crazy mofo, but his life is pretty normal, healthy,... Ewan too.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the interview.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:34 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the interview. I always thought he would be the crazy one but in another interview they pointed out that he was the quiet one. Go figure
Old 01-18-2017, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah I thought so as well.
Old 01-20-2017, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Crazy people rarely jog marathon so there's that!
Old 01-20-2017, 10:38 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycreativityuppedandleft (View Post)
Thanks for the interview. I always thought he would be the crazy one but in another interview they pointed out that he was the quiet one. Go figure
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4dark (View Post)
That's funny! I've always thought Jonny was a crazy mofo, but his life is pretty normal, healthy,... Ewan too.
Well I can't say whether he is the crazy one or not it wouldn't surprise me if he was. It is ALWAYS the quiet ones, after all

I just meant that when you compare him to the others, Jonny is quite reserved and shy while Sadie, Jude and Ewan are loud/extroverted/outgoing types. I always thought that if he hadn't been friends with Jude as a child then he wouldn't have been in that circle.
Old 01-20-2017, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4dark (View Post)
Crazy people rarely jog marathon so there's that!
True hahaha
Old 01-21-2017, 01:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
he hadn't been friends with Jude as a child then he wouldn't have been in that circle.
I agree with that, and I think he is really nerdy.

Quote:
“We’ve made over 100 episodes and it’s a milestone in television and we’re all extremely proud of that. Lifelong friendships have been made. I’ve been able to put some money in the bank, buy a place to live. And all of those things I do not take for granted.

And I’ve got to play Sherlock Holmes more than anyone ever has. Whether that’s a good thing or a bad thing is a personal thing for the viewer. But I’m really proud of that and I like what we do with the show.

What I was really keen to do was to try to be as different as possible as you can playing the same dude. … So I went through the books and did my due diligence and tried to put as much information as I could from the books that wasn’t in other performances I’d seen and try to put it into my interpretation.”
Jonny Lee Miller on T2, Elementary & why he’s nothing like Sick Boy

Last edited by b4dark; 01-21-2017 at 01:14 AM
Old 01-21-2017, 01:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay why's that?
Old 01-21-2017, 03:31 PM
Master Fan

Don't worry Jonny it's a good thing you play Sherlock