Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2013, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Puppet Master [5x07] episode discussion

Puppet Master [5x07] Episode Discussion

airdate: November 28th, 2013

EPISODE DESCRIPTION
Blaine believes he has a great plan to win Nationals, but the other members of New Directions accuse him of being controlling. Kurt also runs into issues with his band over the venue of their first gig that he booked. Sue reveals the story behind her iconic tracksuit while getting in touch with her feminine side.

PROMOS
Promo

RULES
+Respect each others opinions.
+Please do not quote a previous post with the intent to argue or insult.
+No bashing of producers, writers, directors, actors, fanbases etc. is allowed.
+Have fun!

I'd like to remind everyone to take a good look at the rules before posting in this thread, it's very important
for everyone to respect each others opinions, everyone should feel free to express how they feel about
the episode as long as it's done in a respectful manner.There is no need for unnecessary bashing and it will
not be tolerated.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm looking forward to seeing this episode tonight
Old 11-29-2013, 08:00 AM
Elite Fan

ok this was not good
| icon | Martyna |
Old 11-29-2013, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Really it was that bad!? I will be watching it when I get home.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay, in every other show I would be worrying about Blaines mental condition, aber this is Glee and... damn that episode was amazing! *LOOOL*

Uhm, well... I wouldn't call Blaine "bossy" in the beginning, he was more a little arrogant, but then... was he wrong with what he said? None of those Gleekids - except Rachel - had been done any kind of singing before joining the Club, right? And I'm pissed since Season 3 that Blaine never had a Solo at any competition so for the solo at nationals and no, I do not need him to sing at the Piano or A Capella, but whatever...

This is probably the first time that I considered the Tina/Blaine friendship as somewhat like cute and worthwhile ... and vapro-rape never gets old! *LOL*

The whole Puppetthing was completely weird and yes:

But anyway, I just LOVE Blaine, this guy is somewhat like Superman and Richie Rich on one person!

- He's in NY all the time? Mpf, let us see that please!
- He can easily fly to NY all the time? Where are his parents? What are they doing? Interhiting Rockefeller's estate?
- He's a member of 23 (!) Clubs? Why do we only see Glee Club?
- Somehow he found time to make like 20 puppets in 2 days? Superman!!!!
- He can stitch! Kurt & Blaine = The new Dolce & Gabana
- He made Brad talking! He didn't listen to him, but hey, let's do one thing at a time...
- He doesn't age at all! He's sweet 18 since Season 3! You know what? Kurt's going to be old and fragile before Blaine even gets 30 !

And my absolute favorite:

OMG... how old has he been there? 5? I just wanted to hug him and cheer him up by promising him to buy/stitch a new (Kurt) Puppy for him...

It felt a little creepy that Kurt turned into a puppet during the 2nd phone call. What's that supposed to mean?

The phonecalls were adorable... both.
And I thought they're really funny. That's the kind of couple-stupidity I want to see *LOL*

Sue was great too
Normally she annoys me a lit, but this episode she was really funny to watch.

And this guy was a douche! You can easiyl see she's a woman, she has boobs! And she's wearing make-up. Not much but some! And her haitcut is also not what a guy would wear! Not since the end of the 80s!

Not sure if I like her being principa for good now.

"Pamela Landsbury" is still the worst bandname of all time.
And what exactly is Demi/Dani doing in that show? She has nothing to do, she doesn't even have a real character, except that she's a lesbian and seriously, blue hair? There's only one more episode with her right?

Elliot... is he gay or straight? Well, he didn't have much to do anyway, let's wait and see what's going to happen in 5.09.

Jarley - I don't care.
But Bree sort of grew on me this episode.

Anyway, one of the best episodes this season (right after 5.01) so far!
It was just fun to watch. *LOL*

{ ... i am the one you fell in love with. who promises you to do it right.
... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi

Last edited by soulmatejunkee; 11-29-2013 at 01:09 PM
Old 11-29-2013, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Love your review of the episode Steffi totally makes me want to watch it even more just for the awesomeness that is Blaine!

Now off to watch it

ETA: After watching the episode I completely agree with what you said Steffi It was a fun episode and I loved all the puppets and lots of Blaine this week and a solo finally

He is Superman!! Member of 23 clubs! we need to see more of this please! Also he flies out to NYC all the time when is this and why don't we see this more. Also making all those puppets in that amount of time! Incredible

Loved that Kurt Puppet had his ring on too Also the look on Blaine's face when Sue tool Kurt puppet away I was like poor bb misses his fiancée I love that they are referring to themselves as fiancées all the time I love this side to them

Last edited by kindness is free; 11-29-2013 at 02:23 PM
Old 11-29-2013, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

I'm glad you liked it Stefii

I don't know why, something was off for me about this ep
| icon | Martyna |
Old 11-29-2013, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, I like Glee when it doesn't take itself too serious!
Sure the storylines were... creepy
And it was OTT!

But then again, it's GLEE!
Episodes like these are just for fun... at least for me. I won't over-analyze anything that happened in it and IMO it was well done.

There was no "big fight" and Blaine felt sorry for missing PL's first gig (which actually... was more a gag, right?) and that he wasn't there for Kurt. And Kurt for sure wasn't pissed for long

Unfortunately ... all those Filler Episodes are getting way too much. We don't move forward at all and I really don't understand why? Thursday evening is a bad slot and Thanksgiving is not a good day for a new (!) episode at all.

... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 11-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Total Fan

Overall, I agree with Steffi, it was fun to watch!

A few tidbits from previous storylines but mostly just a fun, silly episode.

Darren definitely had several comedic moments.

When Bree told Puck she was pregnant I thought, "Here we go again - another pregnant head cheerleader with a Puckerman." I thought the writers were horrible for repeating a storyline. Then, when Bree said she wasn't pregnant I was relieved. It was then we saw a softer, more sensible Bree.

The gas leak was a good way to tie the puppets, Sue and Will's song and Jake's superb dance/song into the episode.

I got a kick out of the references, and the way they were used, which referred to hands up the puppets. Sue talked about Blaine's hand up Kurt's ass and Tina asked Blaine to remove his hand from under her dress.

After watching I sat back and relaxed. I wasn't thinking about any dilemmas and how they might affect future episodes, like I usually would. This is an episode I will rewatch over and over knowing I'll feel good.

I think this was a good episode for Thanksgiving because if you missed it you wouldn't miss any major plot points.

It is taking so long for them to graduate, no wonder ratings aren't consistently rising, just too many filler episodes.

Last edited by MarieSD; 11-29-2013 at 05:47 PM
Old 11-29-2013, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieSD (View Post)
It is taking so long for them to graduate, no wonder ratings aren't consistently rising, just too many filler episodes.
There's nothing else but fillers this season.
5.01 was the only episode that pushed a storyline.

And now we're all waiting for graduation!

And it's not just we fans, I mean, come on, the characters themselves don't fit in Highschool anymore. There's nothing left for them to do! So they keep getting slushie'd, kiss nurses, inhaling gas and make puppets! Urgh!

Steffi
Old 11-29-2013, 06:28 PM
Total Fan

Yeah, it's like the writers have run out of ideas and they don't know what to do.

If graduation won't happen until 5.14, come on, what's going to happen until then?

I'm getting tired of the Glee classroom and McKinley. Please, take us to New York!

Interesting, yet long, article: ‘Glee’ Recap: season 5, episode 7 ‘Puppet Master’

Last edited by MarieSD; 11-29-2013 at 07:32 PM
Old 11-30-2013, 04:37 AM
Absolute Fan

You're My best friend performance is so gif-able omg..
Esp the shots where hes surrounded by all the puppets
Old 11-30-2013, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love that performance with all the puppets
Old 11-30-2013, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The puppets are amazing
I mean they're Blaines very own fanclub *LOL*

Steffi
Old 11-30-2013, 05:41 PM
Total Fan

Can you believe it? After Dec. 2nd we won't get another Glee episode until February 25!? That's going to be one long wait!

In their defense, I believe it takes two weeks, on the average, to create each episode. So, this hiatus will give them a chance to get several episodes finished. Then, hopefully, we'll begin to see new shows for several consecutive weeks.

It was fun to watch moody Blaine this episode. It focused on a side of Blaine we've seen only in bits and pieces. In Movin' Out we saw an uncertain, scared Blaine and now we've seen that he can be rather bossy and pouty. I love seeing more sides of Blaine.

Last edited by MarieSD; 11-30-2013 at 05:59 PM