Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2015, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

6x08 The Wedding episode discussion

The Wedding [6x08] Episode Discussion

airdate: February 20th, 2015

EPISODE DESCRIPTION
Will takes a stand and teaches a lesson in tolerance to bullies in Vocal Adrenaline. Meanwhile, Rachel discovers her childhood home has been sold and New Directions rallies to help her with the transition.

PROMOS
Promo

RULES
+Respect each others opinions.
+Please do not quote a previous post with the intent to argue or insult.
+No bashing of producers, writers, directors, actors, fanbases etc. is allowed.
+Have fun!

I'd like to remind everyone to take a good look at the rules before posting in this thread, it's very important
for everyone to respect each others opinions, everyone should feel free to express how they feel about
the episode as long as it's done in a respectful manner.There is no need for unnecessary bashing and it will
not be tolerated.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:49 PM
Elite Fan

I'm going skiing tomorrow so I will have to wait till the evening to watch it
| icon | Martyna |
Old 02-20-2015, 09:35 PM
Total Fan

"When it came time to run the actual vows, the first few times through the actors couldn’t keep it together. It’s wordy. When they got to the parts that reference Shel Silverstein’s “The Missing Piece,” it required Colfer to stare into Darren Criss’ eyes and say “Roll away with me, Blaine” with a straight face. Criss immediately bowed at the middle in laughter, and Colfer bemoaned, “there’s no other way for me to say it, sorry.” Eventually, they made it through."
— Glee’s Surprise Wedding: Klaine Forever | OUT.com (via Rae Votta)

Last edited by MarieSD; 02-20-2015 at 10:46 PM
Old 02-21-2015, 12:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am so excited to watch this episode finally!!!!!!

ETA: I absolutely loved this episode it was truly a love fest and I smiled so much from start to finish!

First of all I love Brittany's mom she is awesome and so funny I loved her story about Britt's birth and the barn wedding was beautiful and both Brittany and Santana looked stunning in their wedding outfits

Then we have the Klaine reunion when Walter was his most useful telling Kurt to not let go when you have found that love! Then we get Kurt running to Blaine's to tell him he's still in love with that he has always been and that everything was messed up back then and now its all better and he wants Blaine to go to the wedding with him if there was no one else!

AND then we get Blaine saying very passionately that there is no one else and going straight to Kurt for a most amazing. beautiful passionate kiss between two people who truly love each other

We get both Kurt and Blaine looking so handsome in their white suits and I love Carole's reaction to seeing her stepson and boyfriend so dressed up and stunning

I also loved Burt and Carole talking about taking every day as a blessing and never wasting any moments!

Then Sue telling them there is a real emergency only to show that Britt has been planning this and Santana went along with it out of love for Britt for them to share their wedding day! I loved the tux's that she picked out for Kurt and Blaine, Kurt's has that extra detail that is so him and Blaine has a traditional, cut tux that is so him also!

I loved them being shocked then turning to each other and realising they want to do this!

I loved this moment too Blaine not getting what is going on straight away

I love them all walking down the isle together and the look on everyone's faces when they realise there will be a double wedding I adore Blaine and Santana walking together they are both stunning

Then their beautiful vows

This look slays me completely

The exchanging of the rings and their kiss so perfect

I am so happy we finally met Blaine's mom she is amazing and I love the Mom's embarrasing Kurt and Blaine with their dancing

The song that Brittana and Klaine sang was so beautiful

Then we get the natural easiness they have around each other at the end

Last edited by kindness is free; 02-21-2015 at 12:00 PM
Old 02-21-2015, 05:44 PM
Elite Fan

I loved the episodes, I really did, it's the one to rewatch forever

but I don't get a few things maybe I need to rewatch
we are to assume that Kurt found out about Blaine/Dave split up? and then they decided to go to the wedding together? Blaine was about to confess his love last episode, I think he would have done that during let's go to the wedding together talk?
eta I rewatched and realized it was probably a flashback

anyway I was happy to see Kurt run in slow mo to Blaine

also the way they decided to get married was a bit sketchy but I will take it

and what was Blaine's mom doing there anyway?

The songs were fun, and the barn was beautiful and they mentioned Finn which I loved

Brittana was great as well, loved Sue's way of brining abuela to the wedding

and I hope Mike and Tina will find their way back to eachother
| icon | Martyna |

Last edited by ces't moi; 02-21-2015 at 06:38 PM
Old 02-22-2015, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved Kurt running to Blaine and then telling him everything

Maybe Britt had told Blaine's mom her plan and got her there for the wedding

I loved all the songs and that mention of Finn was sweet too

I do too I love Mike and Tina

Rachel looks so beautiful as a bridemaid and I loved her thoughtfulness at not putting her and Sam together at the wedding and waiting for their reaction to them dancing together
Old 02-23-2015, 12:21 AM
Total Fan

It was about time Kurt ran to Blaine and begged. I loved the way Blaine looked at Kurt after he asked if there was anyone else AND the way he held Kurt's head in his hands, so passionate. The next shot showed them continuing the kiss but Blaine moved his arms as if to pull Kurt closer, and Kurt wrapped his arms around Blaine. That scene was what I had been wanting for so long! So passionate!!!

I was surprised there wasn't more interaction between Blaine and his mom, especially since this was the first time we had seen her. Also, there was no mention of Blaine's dad.

It was a very nice episode but I have been a little disappointed this year in the fact there is such a large cast and the stories try to have something for everyone. You can tell they're struggling trying to do that, just look at A Wedding. Look at the number of characters that had a couple of lines or less, or nothing. However, one of the upcoming episodes, supposedly, turns that completely around - the story focuses on the newbies and hardly on anyone else.
Old 02-23-2015, 06:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hm, okay... okay... hmm...

I have mixed feelings about that episode to be honest.

First the "not so happy" part for me:

The reunion!
What was that?
No conversation!
No apology - can't Kurt just simply say "I'm sorry"? Obiously he can't. And that pisses me off because I spent 2 seasons watching Blaine doing barely anything else but apologizing over and over again!

WTF happened between 6x07 and 6x08? Does Kurt know that Blainofsky is over? If he does, who told him? If he doesn't why did he wait so long?
And Walters speech...
Why was this person on that show. This character was so unnecessary, so completely unnecessary.

I’m disappointed. It’s like we’re getting build up after build up and in the end it’s rushed. It was the same in 5x01.
They can write the drama, but are unable to write a propper reunion.

Then Brittany - she's getting on my nerves... she's willing to kill animals because her bride saw her in her wedding dress? And someone thinks it's funny?

Also her parents - NOT FUNNY!!
Her father is dumb - and well, I know now where she got that "I offend you and your looks but it's okay because I'm stupid, hihihihi"-nature from!
Her mom is well...

The whole wedding thing - double wedding planning.

What happened to the eloping thing?
Therefore why was Pam at the wedding at all? She doesn't know Brittana.
Burt/Pam asking their kids not to elope didn't happen either!
And how could Sue and Brittany plan the double thing, Klaine just got back together, like what... 10 hours before the wedding?
So... this felt like there was supposed to be the eloping stuff but then they changed their mind and suddenly none of it made sense anymore.

Santana’s vows.
SHE was bullied?
And actually she’s marrying the girl who outed her, just saying.
She IS a bully. And the reason she was misunderstood is mostly because of this. You barely hear her talking like a normal person, she’s always ranting or bitching and then she complains.
So sorry, but that was a joke!

Brittany is a Klainer?
Brittana was already on before Klaine even happened and Brittany was NEVER the one who was insecure about being gay or showing affection or whatever. That was re-writing and it was bad. THAT would’ve made a little more sense if Santana would’ve said that to Kurt, about being openly gay and fighting for it/love.

Tina ... I don't wanna way any more because I think everybody knows what I'm talking about.

“Our day will come“ was bland, I didn’t like it. And we didn’t get a couple’s dance, seriously? It’s their wedding! THEY should’ve been the couples dancing, not the others.

The end with Sue and the honeymoon was weird. Brittana gets an entire month and Klaine gets a weekend?
Plus Klaine had planned a honeymoon but Brittana – the couple that planned their wedding – hadn’t?

Now the stuff I liked:

Of course I'm happy Klaine's back together!

The way they showed Klaine and especially Kurt at the wedding was nice. He was touchy, a lot more touchy that usually. He held Blaines hand. And also when Sue and Brittany started talking, all those excuses he made for not getting married, it was none of his usual stuff like “We’re too young“ and “We’re kids“ and stuff. So, something changed, like he said, everything’s okay now. It was clear that all this excuses where coming from his head, while his heart wasn’t as hesistant anymore, like “Right? Blaine?“ *LOL*

I would’ve loved to hear what Blaine said, tbh.

The wedding itself was nice, I liked the vows and especially that Kurt had the main part and a nice part to say. Sort of made up a little fort he lack of a declaration of love in the beginning. It was cute and they both looked beautiful (so did the girls btw. Both, Santana and Brittany looked really beautiful in their dresses)

The mom’s dancing and singing was hilarious

So, all in all I’m in for the Klaine and their wedding because I wanted that, but I can honestly say, this is absolutely not HOW I wanted this to happen.
This could’ve been done so so much better and so much more touching. And while I don’t mind Brittana getting married, absolutely not, it totally feels to me that they got the story (with wedding planning and stress before the wedding) Klainers were waiting for. And Klaine got just pushed into their wedding.

I’d prefer the eloping stuff…

{ ... i am the one you fell in love with. who promises you to do it right.
... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 02-23-2015, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved their vows so much especially hearing how he feels about Blaine They both looked incredible in their tuxes

I agree I would have loved a couples first dance as it was their wedding after all I can't believe they are finally husbands
Old 02-23-2015, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Juppa, Husband and Husband

... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 02-23-2015, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

So happy right now
Old 02-23-2015, 01:27 PM
Absolute Fan

the worst part was no BLAM!
Old 02-23-2015, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

We haven't had Blam all season which sucks!
Old 02-24-2015, 12:35 AM
Total Fan

I agree that there were gaps in the storylines which left us with a lot of questions. I attribute that to the writers trying to cram too much into each episode to wrap up the season. It's almost like they have taken 26 episodes worth of stories and crammed them into 13. I'm hoping that some of the gaps we're seeing now will be filled in as we see more episodes, although I'm not totally confident that will happen.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

But to be honest, it ALL would've made sense with the eloping stuff.

If we would've gotten that instead of that Tike stuff, it would've made sense that Pam was there! And we wouldn't have needed the Sue/Britt stuff, not like that.

Steffi