{}
Old 05-04-2019, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

It set everything up for our characters
Old 05-15-2019, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Hoping to watch this tonight, but on demand having to use my internet connection may make it hard for me to.

I like to live blog sometimes as I watch. I'll probably only do it for this episode and just general thoughts and such next episodes. I'll see how I feel.

The opening scene is so good. Love the music. And damn are Alec, Izzy, and Jace all good looking. Clary is pretty, too. I really love her fiery red hair. I've never read the books but I've heard the red hair is very important for her character.

Jace and Clary's first meeting, bumping into each other... I think I've written that as a meeting in one of my personal stories I've written in the past. Lol.

I love the Clary and Simon friendship already! They seem so close. And their first scene, the convo about not knowing the person who loves you is right there.... I take this as foreshadowing as much as irony considering Simon loves Clary.

"You have the sight." - kind of a cheesy line but I still liked it.

Werewolf!Luke quieting that dog. Lol.

Dot seems so fishy to me....

I like Jocelyn just from her first scene. She seems like such a good mother.

Playing by a pond... Something is coming up ain't it? ... Yep, I was right. Damn!

I know Jocelyn was doing what she thought was right, but I agree with Magnus about taking her memories away.

I like how protective Luke and Jocelyn are of Clary. But sometimes subtly is not the best thing. They should've insisted non stop until Clary let them say/explain what they needed.

Maureen being smart... "Your mom could be hiding some big dark secret..."

Insert stream buffering here....

"My mother is incapable of keeping something from me." Oh, Clary. Naive Clary...are you in for a rude awakening or what...

"Demons dig blondes." "Of course they do, but that's white." "Platinum." Love the siblingship already! Bantering over the color of a wig. Haha.

I love what Izzy is wearing! She looks gorgeous!

Simon singing "Forever Young." Talk about foreshadowing. Haha.

Clary unknowingly drawing runes.

Back to Clace's first meeting.

The way Jace said "you have the sight," was a bit awkward but considering this was probably his first full American accent role and Dom had to get used to it, I'll just chalk it up to that.

Oh my god! Simon's face when he thinks Clary is talking to no one.

"Clary, what was in your latte?" and "Remember your fake ID sucks." Simon's one liners are the best so far.

Uh...is Clary about to unintentionally mess things up for them or....

Damn, I'm in love with Magnus already!

And I definitely think Clary is going to mess things up. Maybe not too badly, but she's gonna be a distraction isn't she?

Izzy with the perfect distraction, work it girl!

Clary is clever getting back there using the mesmerized demon. Kudos to her quick thinking. I still think she's gonna cause a distraction though. Which is mostly correct, but of course she misjudged the situation. But I get it.

Action time!

The light sword thingy lights up when Clary touches it and then a demon more or less I pales himself on it. Does that count as suicide or Clary killing him?

Fight! Fight! Fight!

Now Magnus and Clary bump into each other. It appears Magnus may know who she is or at least get the feeling that he does?

Now Jocelyn gets to tell Clary everything.... Or not.

What's the necklace that Jocelyn gave Clary?

Ouch. Dot's fall... That had to have hurt on the way down... That head hit in particular was yikes.

What the heck did Jocelyn just drink??

Darn it! More stream buffering. Not now! I need answers, yesterday!!

A sleeping potion??!!

I honestly don't believe Luke meant what he said about not caring about the girls. Why he said it, I don't know. But I definitely don't think he meant it.

Why do I feel like Valentine cares about Jocelyn. Just about power more. Because it's true based on him just killing that guy....

Ugh! Stupid buffering!

I knew Dot was fishy. No way she survived that fall without being something supernatural. And, of course, she was a demon. Always the closest to the good guys and girls.

Uh-oh. Clary got scratched... Or, well, clawed...

Wait. Jace followed her home? And he's so sweet to her. Saying, "I got you," after she passed out and her picked her up. I am boarding the ship now.

Oh, that's cool. Clary can touch the necklace and see her mom whenever she wants. Or is it only for when she is sleeping?

Oh my god. Did Clary just slap Izzy as she woke up?

Hmm... Clary has a rune on her neck now.

Alec is really not having it with Clary at the Insitute. Not having it one bit. I can understand why.

And buffering agin.

What's going on with Alec? Is it really the mission or is he jealous?

Clary was out for two days??

What was that shadow behind Simon?

Izzy being comfortable with her body is so great! I love it!

Clary looks good in the outfit Izzy left her. Speaking of outfit.... Does demon venom desinigrate clothes or something? I'm confused by that.

Simon is such a gentleman giving a Clary his jacket like that. Aw.

Oh my gosh. It is so funny when Clary sees what's happening and Simon doesn't and he's all WTF?! And I suppose to be laughing at this or am I just weird??

Damn. Putting Clary in a tough spot like that. Having to choose between her best friend and the guy who can help find her mother.

That's it?! Oh thank goodness I don't have to wait a whole week for the next episode!

Honestly, I really enjoyed this first episode. For a pilot episode it was good, introduced us to all the main characters and kept my attention through out. Very good.

{taek su mi sun}

Last edited by fall into your smile; 05-15-2019 at 09:07 PM
Old 05-15-2019, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

are you just starting the series?

well casted as the actors are closley to the characters

good way to open up the show

all the different relationships are fun to watch and see them grow

hehe simon has teh best lines they will keep coming

glad you enjoyed it I read the books so I knew what is coming but sometimes they change it up so you don't expect it

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 05-16-2019, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Yes, this is my first time watching.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-17-2019, 04:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

that's awesome
glad you got into it

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 05-17-2019, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I've been meaning to for a while. Once it ended on a good note, I decided why not now.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-18-2019, 02:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Good choice will rewatch one day

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 05-18-2019, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I do tend to wait to know the ending for some shows. Too many shows let me down these days.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-22-2020, 11:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I'd forgotten that I live blogged my way through the pilot when I first watched it. I don't think I'll keep up with it this time around, though. Want to watch the series before my Hulu free trial runs out next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonds are forever (View Post)
Hoping to watch this tonight, but on demand having to use my internet connection may make it hard for me to.

I like to live blog sometimes as I watch. I'll probably only do it for this episode and just general thoughts and such next episodes. I'll see how I feel.

The opening scene is so good. Love the music. And damn are Alec, Izzy, and Jace all good looking. Clary is pretty, too. I really love her fiery red hair. I've never read the books but I've heard the red hair is very important for her character.

Jace and Clary's first meeting, bumping into each other... I think I've written that as a meeting in one of my personal stories I've written in the past. Lol.

I love the Clary and Simon friendship already! They seem so close. And their first scene, the convo about not knowing the person who loves you is right there.... I take this as foreshadowing as much as irony considering Simon loves Clary.

"You have the sight." - kind of a cheesy line but I still liked it.

Werewolf!Luke quieting that dog. Lol.

Dot seems so fishy to me....

I like Jocelyn just from her first scene. She seems like such a good mother.

Playing by a pond... Something is coming up ain't it? ... Yep, I was right. Damn!

I know Jocelyn was doing what she thought was right, but I agree with Magnus about taking her memories away.

I like how protective Luke and Jocelyn are of Clary. But sometimes subtly is not the best thing. They should've insisted non stop until Clary let them say/explain what they needed.

Maureen being smart... "Your mom could be hiding some big dark secret..."

Insert stream buffering here....

"My mother is incapable of keeping something from me." Oh, Clary. Naive Clary...are you in for a rude awakening or what...

"Demons dig blondes." "Of course they do, but that's white." "Platinum." Love the siblingship already! Bantering over the color of a wig. Haha.

I love what Izzy is wearing! She looks gorgeous!

Simon singing "Forever Young." Talk about foreshadowing. Haha.

Clary unknowingly drawing runes.

Back to Clace's first meeting.

The way Jace said "you have the sight," was a bit awkward but considering this was probably his first full American accent role and Dom had to get used to it, I'll just chalk it up to that.

Oh my god! Simon's face when he thinks Clary is talking to no one.

"Clary, what was in your latte?" and "Remember your fake ID sucks." Simon's one liners are the best so far.

Uh...is Clary about to unintentionally mess things up for them or....

Damn, I'm in love with Magnus already!

And I definitely think Clary is going to mess things up. Maybe not too badly, but she's gonna be a distraction isn't she?

Izzy with the perfect distraction, work it girl!

Clary is clever getting back there using the mesmerized demon. Kudos to her quick thinking. I still think she's gonna cause a distraction though. Which is mostly correct, but of course she misjudged the situation. But I get it.

Action time!

The light sword thingy lights up when Clary touches it and then a demon more or less I pales himself on it. Does that count as suicide or Clary killing him?

Fight! Fight! Fight!

Now Magnus and Clary bump into each other. It appears Magnus may know who she is or at least get the feeling that he does?

Now Jocelyn gets to tell Clary everything.... Or not.

What's the necklace that Jocelyn gave Clary?

Ouch. Dot's fall... That had to have hurt on the way down... That head hit in particular was yikes.

What the heck did Jocelyn just drink??

Darn it! More stream buffering. Not now! I need answers, yesterday!!

A sleeping potion??!!

I honestly don't believe Luke meant what he said about not caring about the girls. Why he said it, I don't know. But I definitely don't think he meant it.

Why do I feel like Valentine cares about Jocelyn. Just about power more. Because it's true based on him just killing that guy....

Ugh! Stupid buffering!

I knew Dot was fishy. No way she survived that fall without being something supernatural. And, of course, she was a demon. Always the closest to the good guys and girls.

Uh-oh. Clary got scratched... Or, well, clawed...

Wait. Jace followed her home? And he's so sweet to her. Saying, "I got you," after she passed out and her picked her up. I am boarding the ship now.

Oh, that's cool. Clary can touch the necklace and see her mom whenever she wants. Or is it only for when she is sleeping?

Oh my god. Did Clary just slap Izzy as she woke up?

Hmm... Clary has a rune on her neck now.

Alec is really not having it with Clary at the Insitute. Not having it one bit. I can understand why.

And buffering agin.

What's going on with Alec? Is it really the mission or is he jealous?

Clary was out for two days??

What was that shadow behind Simon?

Izzy being comfortable with her body is so great! I love it!

Clary looks good in the outfit Izzy left her. Speaking of outfit.... Does demon venom desinigrate clothes or something? I'm confused by that.

Simon is such a gentleman giving a Clary his jacket like that. Aw.

Oh my gosh. It is so funny when Clary sees what's happening and Simon doesn't and he's all WTF?! And I suppose to be laughing at this or am I just weird??

Damn. Putting Clary in a tough spot like that. Having to choose between her best friend and the guy who can help find her mother.

That's it?! Oh thank goodness I don't have to wait a whole week for the next episode!

Honestly, I really enjoyed this first episode. For a pilot episode it was good, introduced us to all the main characters and kept my attention through out. Very good.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-24-2020, 12:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hope you are enjoying it this time around\

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 05-24-2020, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

I was able to enjoy it much more since I was mainly watching and not liveblogging my way through. It's a good pilot episode.

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-25-2020, 11:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's good im glad

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 07-11-2020, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

It's a good pilot over all.