Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by book♥lover (View Post)
THANK YOU.

Do I think she was stupid? Hell yeah. But I'm trying to walk in her shoes for a minute. Michonne never gave her REAL reasons to leave, except for a 'feeling'. Why would Andrea give up on a seemingly safe place based on that? It's hard, damn it. Her emotions are all screwed up and let's not forget Andrea gave up on her life twice but had people saving her both times. It's not crazy for her to finally want some peace in a world she didn't even want to live in anymore.

Also, it bothers me that everyone calls her a ****-whore-whatever other misoginistic slur you can think of because you KNOW this is just in reference to the fact that she wanted to have/had sex with the Governor. Let us not forget that Andrea doesn't really have real reasons to distrust him yet and he's a damn fine man. She just spent 8 months on the run, starving, with a woman. Can we really blame her clouded judgement on that one?

Shame her for letting Michonne behind, shame her for chosing comfort over friendship but don't shame her for sex. Andrea is not the first person to make a stupid decision when it comes to sex, and she certainly won't be the last.
She's not a ****, just a woman with horrible judgement. Andrea spent eight months with Michonne. And now her razor sharp instincts, the same ones that kept them alive for all that time, are suddenly no longer good enough for her in the blinding perfection that is the Governor and Woodbury. Michonne left behind what appears to be an oasis because her gut told her something isn't right with that town. For Andrea to blatantly disregard that is just foolish. She fell far too easily for the package.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I fully agree with that but my post is regarding the fact that more than often I see misogynist slurs being thrown around to describe Andrea. Not that TWD fandom is known for treating women respectfully but I still find disturbing that out of all the crap Andrea has pulled off season, the fact that (SHOCKING!) she misses having sex is the one people seem to be holding on to the most.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:41 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't like Andrea ar first, then I started to like her once she started to show that she's the only female willing to take charge of her safety (shooting, etc.) while others like Lori and Carol relied on men to protect them. This season though I can't help but dislike Andrea and I'm not sorry for that. She made so much progress and has taken about 10 steps back this season. I hate that. I absolutely hate it. Rick has taken 10 steps back in recent episodes because the weight of the group turning to him for answers and lead the group for nearly 9 months now and the death of his wife and birth of his maybe-daughter has finally taken its toll. I can see his side. I can't sympathize with Andrea though. It's not because she enjoyed the Zombie brawl or slept with them Governor, but it's because she's suddenly naive and easily manipulated to trust complete stranger over someone that has taken care of her for who knows how long. If I were in Andrea's position I think I'd trust someone that has survived by herself for so long over a town full of people living in a Twilight zone type of "peace". Andrea's character development in season 2 is so far from this Andrea we are seeing in season 3.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
but it's because she's suddenly naive and easily manipulated to trust complete stranger over someone that has taken care of her for who knows how long.
Those are my feelings exactly. Which is why I find ridiculous how people are all ~Andrea is a whore, all she wants is to bang the Governor~ I mean, seriously. She left QUEEN MICHONNE behind and you're dissing her based on the fact she misses getting laid? Seriously. I just want her to redeem herself soon enough 'cause I loved seeing her take that zombie down. If they aren't planning to, they might as well just kill her then 'cause otherwise, she'd be just as pointless as Lori was.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

People called Lori a **** too. I never agreed with that. It's an unfortunate part of any fandom when a woman is shamed because of her sexuality.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me neither. I had plenty of reasons to hate Lori, and sleeping with Shane certainly wasn't one of them.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:33 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
People called Lori a **** too. I never agreed with that. It's an unfortunate part of any fandom when a woman is shamed because of her sexuality.
Yeah, I remember it even I think that in no matter what, people always called girls **** whenever they did something...

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 11-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Excuse me while I DIE:

Old 11-20-2012, 05:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by book♥lover (View Post)

Those are my feelings exactly. Which is why I find ridiculous how people are all ~Andrea is a whore, all she wants is to bang the Governor~ I mean, seriously. She left QUEEN MICHONNE behind and you're dissing her based on the fact she misses getting laid? Seriously. I just want her to redeem herself soon enough 'cause I loved seeing her take that zombie down. If they aren't planning to, they might as well just kill her then 'cause otherwise, she'd be just as pointless as Lori was.

Agreed. I miss badass Andrea, that is all. The character development is being lost and thats what is making me indifferent to the character. I dont think she's a **** or anything of the sort...Im just severly disappointed that she's losing her badassery
Old 11-21-2012, 04:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

ive never liked andrea, personally. just something about the character always bugged me.

i actually would have preferred she died over Lori, but maybe thats just me.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam's curls (View Post)
ive never liked andrea, personally. just something about the character always bugged me.

It's not just you

Quote:
THANK YOU.

Do I think she was stupid? Hell yeah. But I'm trying to walk in her shoes for a minute. Michonne never gave her REAL reasons to leave, except for a 'feeling'. Why would Andrea give up on a seemingly safe place based on that? It's hard, damn it. Her emotions are all screwed up and let's not forget Andrea gave up on her life twice but had people saving her both times. It's not crazy for her to finally want some peace in a world she didn't even want to live in anymore.

Also, it bothers me that everyone calls her a ****-whore-whatever other misoginistic slur you can think of because you KNOW this is just in reference to the fact that she wanted to have/had sex with the Governor. Let us not forget that Andrea doesn't really have real reasons to distrust him yet and he's a damn fine man. She just spent 8 months on the run, starving, with a woman. Can we really blame her clouded judgement on that one?

Shame her for letting Michonne behind, shame her for chosing comfort over friendship but don't shame her for sex. Andrea is not the first person to make a stupid decision when it comes to sex, and she certainly won't be the last.

I can't wait for next week's ep but I'm so scared for Maggie
You're welcome

I never liked Andrea, but I have to admit she's had her moments. My favorite will always be when she killed Amy

I think Andrea's quick on her feet, and that's what I like about her. She's a lawyer and she always weighs the pros and cons and she thinks about proofs and facts, so you're right when you said Michonne didn't give Andrea any concrete proof to leave and why they had to. Being the lawyer that she was/is, Andrea was just waiting for Michonne to show some proof. But I think that's coming - and I'm afraid it'll be a rude awakening to her.

I'm terrified for Maggie too. I'm not ready for her to die!

Last edited by hiddleskittlesღ; 11-21-2012 at 04:47 AM
Old 11-21-2012, 08:11 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam's curls (View Post)

Same here.. I like her, but she seriously all over the place that I can't tell that if she being sincere or what..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 11-21-2012, 05:49 PM
Elite Fan

I have never liked Andrea either. I think part of my antipathy stems from the writing, but part of it also comes down to the acting. I'm sure Laurie Holden is a very nice person in real life, but she brings no humility or vulnerability to the role. There is just something so smug about the way she plays this character and it rubs me the wrong way.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah i agree with that. its hard for me to feel bad for andrea.

she just has this like attitude around her constantly.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Andrea spent eight months with Michonne. And now her razor sharp instincts, the same ones that kept them alive for all that time, are suddenly no longer good enough for her in the blinding perfection that is the Governor and Woodbury.
This is the biggest problem I have with Andrea right now, she would most likely be dead of not for Michonne they have survived all this time but Andrea head is in the clouds and I thought she was sharper then that. Michonne should have told her about Penny and some of the other finding regarding the Gov cause her word was not good enough for Andrea at this point. Michonne was right they could not just leave and thats why Merle and the gang went after her but she got mad skills.