Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2006, 05:58 PM
Supreme Fan

Vanished Appreciation Thread #2: The Search For Sara Continues

Okay, it's a crappy, title, I know. But it's the best I could think of off the top of my head. Anyways, have at it, guys. Discussion continues here.

Interesting trick they played with Sara and the blood, huh? For a while they had me thinking she and Nikki were twins and they killed the wrong one.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
DaveAbbyLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

new thread

I hadn't thought about that theory
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
galesgirl645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 07:41 PM
Banned

This may sound like a stupid idea but maybe fans of the should start expressing their anger toward Fox and the writers of Vanished for killing off Kelton. Maybe we could start a petition to bring Kelton back. I know that might sound silly but it is worth a shot. I really do hope he isn't dead though. I still believe that he was one of the bright spots of the shows and he was probably the only character on the show that most people cared about.
I mean Kelton had a daughter and he seemed somewhat religious. He didn't deserve the bullets.
Jacob1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 08:14 PM
Supreme Fan

I still don't think he's dead. He assumed Lucas was going to reassign him and make him "disappear". This could all have been part of an elaborate plot. If the bad guys think Kelton is dead, they may let their guard down and trip up. There are gaps in the events of the last episode. We didn't see him go directly from one place to another. It's possible Mei figured something out and gave him a heads up via phone off screen. There's a lot of stuff that's happened off screen that we get in flashbacks. And that would've been enough time to put on a vest or something. The FBI (paticularly on TV) has lots of niftly little gadgets, including kevlar vests that "bleed", for just this kind of situation. Maybe they used one. And of course Kelton's going to look surprised to be shot. He wouldn't want anyone to think he expected it. Plus, bullets fly at high velocity. Even though the kevlar stops them (unless they're armor piercing) it still hurts like hell, and often leaves bruises.

Also, Mei didn't look too terribly upset in the previews, and I think she would've been if he was dead. Remember how worried she was about him when she saved his life at the place they found the underwater graveyard? Also, professional hitmen usually go for the head. Still grasping at straws, I know, but they did say nothing is what it seems. And it's possible if it was planned from the beginning, that they filmed scenes with him in a coma or something and that's what we'll be seeing while the show continues filming and he does the play or whatever he's supposed to be doing for the next 3 weeks while they're finishing up on the episodes. Shooting schedules are often shifted around to accomodate, and not all scenes are shot in sequential order by episode. So it's possible they did it earlier to allow him the time to do the play he's doing while the rest of the cast is wrapping the episodes.

~Ash

Proud Member of SLA
Watch HawthoRNe on TNT.
DaveAbbyLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree, I hope your right about that because the show won't be the same without him. I can not watch if he is not in it. Gale was the best in that show and to kill him off would be dumb. Gale is the best all the way, i hope he goes into a coma or something just don't kill him please.
Calgaryfan2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveAbbyLuver (View Post)
Also, Mei didn't look too terribly upset in the previews, and I think she would've been if he was dead. Remember how worried she was about him when she saved his life at the place they found the underwater graveyard? Also, professional hitmen usually go for the head.
I was so mad when Kelton was shot. I'm not sure I believe he planned the whole thing to distract the killers, but you do make some good points. And in the previews I do remember seeing Kelton in a coma or something, so hopefully he's okay.
butterbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:50 AM
Addicted Fan

I can't believe he was shot either. He was the most developed character. Not even Sara is as developed as Kelton and yet he was gunned down like a deer during hunting season. It's ridiculous. I was prepared to expect the worse (still sort of am) but upon reading the episode's recap and it's final lines that Kelton had "passed out" I don't know it kind of gave me a shred of hope that all is not what it seems and with this show it's highly possible.

Jesse St. James ♥ Rachel Berry
Holli → twitterljfic

Last edited by skinarolp; 10-04-2006 at 11:47 AM
skinarolp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Banned

Does anyone think that Vanished will have jumped the shark if Kelton is indeed killed off? I know that Vanished hasn't gotten very good reviews but I think Kelton was probably one of the main reasons why some people are watching it.
I really did wonder why Kelton did wear a bullet proof vest when he went to the senate building. I could be wrong. Maybe he did wear a bullet proof and faked his own shooting.

And I aslo think that maybe Kelton will be in a coma for a while and possibly wake up and tell Senator Collins that he knows there is a conspiracy and coverup.
Jacob1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 12:40 PM
Addicted Fan

There's an interview about Kelton's demise with Executive Producer Josh Berman here. Read at your own risk.

Holli → twitterljfic
Old 10-04-2006, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really do hope that he is still alive otherwise I'm not watching.
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 10-04-2006, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by galesgirl645 (View Post)
I really do hope that he is still alive otherwise I'm not watching.
You should really read that interview. And you might as well stop watching then, because I know that I will. *sighs*
Aikaterini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:26 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamerKitten (View Post)
You should really read that interview. And you might as well stop watching then, because I know that I will. *sighs*
I know I will. No Gale = No me. I was only watching to drool over Kelton each week. And to see how the story with Ava unfolded.

Holli → twitterljfic
Old 10-04-2006, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm reading it now
Icon by Zonikita
Old 10-04-2006, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinarolp (View Post)
I know I will. No Gale = No me. I was only watching to drool over Kelton each week. And to see how the story with Ava unfolded.
*pleads guilty* Me too. Though I was less keen on the Ava parts, but she seemd really great in the last episode. But without Gale it won't be the same, and sadly, the storyline isn't interesting enough to keep me watching it now.
Aikaterini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

it's the producers lost that they chose this path cuz they just ended their own show.
Icon by Zonikita
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top