Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2018, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I have no intention of getting that.

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:41 PM
Elite Fan

I'll probably wait to see what it's like before I get it or not.
Old 11-19-2018, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I won't. Netflix is enough for me. No interest in getting a different streaming service for each thing. I actually kind of hope it fails for that reason.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-19-2018, 10:08 PM
Elite Fan

Knowing Disney I doubt it fails. I only have Netflix myself but I don't mind another if it's actually good. I feel like a lot of these new ones coming out aren't worth it at all.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh yeah, it's unlikely, but it's greed that's making them do it when they could just sell them to netflix.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-21-2018, 08:40 PM
Elite Fan

I'm sure greed was a part of it but they have so many different properties it also makes a lot of sense.
Old 11-22-2018, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It doesn't, though, in terms of the consumer. People already have netflix, the vast majority can't afford another service.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-23-2018, 07:27 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I think we're getting to the point where all these streaming services are going to cost more than cable but as a business for Disney it definitely makes sense.
Old 11-24-2018, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope the disney one is never brought over here, at least. Won't get it if it is.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-25-2018, 09:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrey (View Post)
Yeah I think we're getting to the point where all these streaming services are going to cost more than cable but as a business for Disney it definitely makes sense.
Yeah it makes sense for Disney because their content is so varied. There's the ABC stuff. Marvel stuff. Star Wars. Then the stuff that's created for kids too.

Quote:
Oh yeah, it's unlikely, but it's greed that's making them do it when they could just sell them to netflix.
True but it's also greed on Netflix's part, I think. They've really gotten much stingier about having outside properties on their service. I don't think they're willing to pay as much any longer.

When everyone was talking about how streaming would lead to cord cutting and cheaper TV viewing, I was always skeptical that it'd be cheaper in the end. And sure enough, with more and more streaming services, it'll get more and more expensive to watch all the intriguing shows.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

Exactly. If someone really likes all that stuff it'll also be nice for them to have all that stuff all in one service. Also I think it'll be a good place to put some of their more obscure shows/movies that Netflix or whatever other streaming service might not want. You could probably even include Two of a Kind in that category.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Netflix have to cater worldwide, they can't keep paying extorionate rates for US shows when there is an entire planet of shows they have to consider.

It won't if you don't get all of them. I don't mind missing some shows, I'd actually rather miss them than have more than one streaming service.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 11-28-2018, 09:36 PM
Elite Fan

Oh for sure. But aren't they trying to go for mostly their own originals? It would be nice if they remembered having movies and shows from cable is what made them popular in the first place.

I don't mind paying for 2 or 3 if they are good. It's nice to have some variety but if you still have cable on top of all these streaming sites it'll definitely get expensive. It's the user's prerogative if they want to have all these things. It's nice to have the option I guess.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wouldn't say mostly, but there are a good amount. They're also making originals globally and not just in the US. So it's both original and non-original on a global scale.

I'd never pay for more than one.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 12-04-2018, 11:34 PM
Elite Fan

Pretty sure I read that they are trying to have the site be mostly originals since it's cheaper than buying shows from other parties which I guess makes sense business wise but it was nice when they had more shows from tv if I missed something. They definitely have the global thing down. I think that's the big thing they have over their competitors. Like Amazon here in Canada sucks and we don't even have Hulu.

I still have cable so I just have netflix but if I didn't I wouldn't mind paying for 2 or 3 streaming services since it would definitely still be cheaper than cable.