Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2018, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

It definitely felt like Rachel was in less, which I was fine with because I am not Rachel's biggest fan. Sucks because it was her final season but also helps the transition imo.

All the Jessica stuff bored me so much, I will not be watching that spin off, sorry to say.

The wedding was SO rushed but its good they did it at least before both left the show.
Old 04-29-2018, 10:35 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGirl5 (View Post)
I think Harvey and Donna will continue to question their feelings for each other in s8, although I"m less confident the relationship will move forward quickly, judging from AK's post-show comments. ETA: I wonder if AK has shifted his thinking on Darvey because of the possibility of Suits continuing beyond season 9. At one time, the thought was season 8 or 9 would be the last, but with new characters being introduced and recurring characters being given more focus, the potential is there for Suits to continue indefinitely and he doesn't want to rule out any story possibilities. I don't know, just thinking aloud.
I don't think they'll be doing anything quickly with them either. I’d like to be wrong about that, but it doesn’t seem promising. LOL- I'd had the same thought: that AK may be wanting to move even slower with them since he thinks with new characters it may go on much longer. But, it's been 7 seasons already. After all the teasing this year, that really didn't go far, another season of teasing- or just flat ignoring- will be frustrating imo. And be somewhat unbelievable.

It almost feels like he's commitment phobic with them. There were about a million ways to move them forward in some small way all season long, but he didn't really do it. (One simple thing would have been some kind of acknowledgment of feelings-not even necessarily to each other- but saying/doing nothing out of concern for their friendship/working relationship. It would have been a little bit of movement.)

Sure Donna was bothered by Harvey dating Paula, but she never really addressed what that meant in terms of her feelings for him, more for herself and her life choices. She came close when she talked about blurred lines with Harvey, and again, that never went anywhere. Kissing him led to no clear and explicit revelations or movement. Just Harvey's relationship problems. I was disappointed at the end of the episode after the kiss when they decided to just let it go because it allowed them to do exactly what they have done: basically act like it never happened. Sure, Harvey ended up splitting with Paula over Donna/her understandable insecurities, but the impact of that has been- impact-less so far. And now Donna has no one to be jealous of. So status quo easily continues.

The closest we really came to any decent movement imo was Donna hesitating when Paula asked if she could promise she'd never kiss Harvey again. That was a small acknowledgment of real feelings beyond the kiss itself, despite the not very believable "I just needed to know, but it meant nothing" dialogue. But that's as far as that went. The opportunity for follow up with Rachel was totally lost for good and any with Louis didn't happen either.

The interesting thing about Scottie was that she was so clearly in the episode for ONE reason- to make it obvious she was thinking about another go around until realizing Donna is an issue- and saying so to Harvey. Anyone could have complained about their careers being impacted by Mike; the point of it being her was to get her and Harvey talking. But, again, she said it, and it didn't go anywhere. Maybe it will, but it's had as much discernible impact as Mike talking to Harvey. Or Rachel to Donna earlier. Or Louis to Donna. Because Donna and Harvey are interacting about the same as they always have. It's a lot of teasing.

I'm starting to wonder what it would take for them to actually move forward. One of them almost dies? Seriously.

Quote:
I had expected a good-bye scene between Rachel and Louis though--they were closer friends than Mike and Louis. Rachel and Donna's scene was lovely, of course, but the opportunity for one last girls night out was missed because there wasn't time for it. "Harriett" Specter and "Michelle" Ross deserved a bachelorette party.

The Harvey/Mike banter scene was adorable (and improvised, per the EW article), and their goodbye scene was just... Harvey knew he had to accept Mike's decision, just like he had to accept Jessica's decision to leave at the end of 6A, but he still struggled with her absence and taking over her position. Mike's absence will definitely be felt by Harvey in 8A...but I think he'll be back too, not as a regular but occasionally when the story calls for it.

It may have seemed like they were barely in the episode because so much time was dedicated to the spin-off, but Mike had more scenes than anyone except Harvey. Still, I would've preferred more wedding prep and less time spend at the clinic (and the spin-off should've either had a standalone pilot or inserted into 715.
The lack of a Rachel/Louis good bye scene was really glaring. I realize that they accommodated MM's scheduling issues, but why the writers thought that it was more important to have her focus on a clinic story that no one is going to remember, rather than a good bye scene with Louis (or anyone else) that would have been special is beyond me. I really don't know what the writers were thinking at all.

Yes. A fun Rachel/Donna scene should have happened too. Again- that would have been more memorable.

The same could be said for really the clinic story period. It could have and should have been a background thing so they could write the wedding and good byes more properly. Especially in Rachel's case: This was IT for her. Period. It just seemed thoughtless and slapped together. When they wrote Jessica out, they knew she'd be back from time to time. But, Mike was co-lead and Rachel is done. It's not the same.

And, absolutely, the pilot should have been done some other time.

I loved the Harvey/Mike banter scene, and I'm so glad GM and PJA thought that should be included. It blows my mind though that the writers didn't. It sort of summed up everything that was wrong with the last 2 episodes- but the final episode was easily the one with the biggest problems.

Quote:
Not sure what you mean. Suits is an ensemble show, which means different story arcs are being told concurrently. That's just how ensemble shows work, and with new characters being brought in and other characters being bumped up to regular, that type of storytelling won't change. If anything, it might get more complicated--Samantha, Alex, Katrina all need further development, on top on Louis/Sheila, Harvey/Donna, and whatever role Robert is going to play. That's a lot going on at once.
I think it was mentioned up thread that this was something of a reference to Mike being so isolated the last 2 seasons. The show could have been named Suits and Mike. It was not good imo to constantly write him like that. It's one thing I won't miss, and unfortunately, what the last 2 episodes reminded me of the most- what I won't miss because the last 2 episodes focused so much clinic stuff.

I think next season could be very complex too with so many new full time characters, Robert, and dynamics changes at the firm. I can just see that being part of the excuse to not do anything with Darvey: they're just too busy.

That being said, at least Samantha is the only new character. Alex and Katrina are new to being full time, but we do at least know them. Not as in depth as we will, but we've gotten to know them over the year(s). Same with Robert.

I have a hard time picturing Robert working for Harvey or vice versa, but I'm glad he's at the firm. The actor and character are too good to lose. Though long term, I'm not sure I see a recurring character as Managing Partner. (I could see Katrina on Robert's "side" though since she once worked for him.) But, we'll see where they go with all this.

Sort of like I just can't see Sheila and Louis really lasting, just for the practical reasons that she's not a regular, appears on another show, and doesn't even work at the firm. It takes more effort to write them. But what makes sense in my mind certainly doesn't have to in the writers. And that's beyond the fact that these two people just had an affair. And Sheila, until 5 minutes ago, had maintained since forever that she really didn't want kids.

Last edited by Erin9; 04-29-2018 at 11:27 AM
Old 04-29-2018, 03:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Jessica was Harvey's boss, mentor and, at times, a mother-figure--I really doubt Samantha's relationship with Harvey will be anything like that.
Well duh. She's not gonna be another figure or mentor. What i meant is that she is a very strong person and will be able to challenge Harvey in the way Jessica would be able to if/when they go toe to toe. I think over time they would be able to grow their relationship from butting heads to actually respecting each other and being co-partners in the same way that jessica and harvey ended up being. Its gonna take a long while to get there lol. (if they make samantha a good person and not someone evil that will be leaving the show after a season) Lets not forget that its not always peaches and sunshine with j/h, they argue a lot too. Obviously it isnt gonna be exactly like jessica/harvey, i just meant it'll be closer to the jessica/harvey relationship than it would be say, to harvey/mike.

ps,
Think about how you phrase some of your answers. Some of your responses can be so condescending.

Quote:
I think it was mentioned up thread that this was something of a reference to Mike being so isolated the last 2 seasons. The show could have been named Suits and Mike. It was not good imo to constantly write him like that. It's one thing I won't miss, and unfortunately, what the last 2 episodes reminded me of the most- what I won't miss because the last 2 episodes focused so much clinic stuff.
Thank you. This is what I meant.

Regarding Darvey, I think the writers or AK really, doesnt really want to go there but they are just throwing little bones to keep the fans watching. So annoying.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:28 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Rachel appeared in every episode, so she wasn't demoted to recurring, but I think accommodations were made for MM's personal schedule--she was flying back and forth to London on a regular basis during the filming of 7B and may have requested more time off.
What I meant to say is that it's like Meghan was demoted to recurring because of her lack of presence and I am still aware that she is a main cast. But yeah I think, like what you said, she was flying back and forth to London, which explains her lack of presence in the back half. It's sad really. Rachel isn't a fave character of mine but I would've liked for more focus on her in this last season and also a proper goodbye for the character but I'll take what we got. At least she's married and got a happy ending she deserves. PJA leaving is much sadder for me because my favorite friendship/dynamic on the show will be gone now.

I am hopeful that Samantha will be a character that I will like. Maybe she can somehow fill the void of Mike & Rachel leaving but I guess I'll know once we get the new season soon.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 05-01-2018, 02:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

I honestly never even liked Mike that much as a character individually, but yeah, his relationship with Harvey was everything. I'm gonna miss it a lot. Sadly, the show was kinda lacking on moments for them in recent years compared to the early seasons so again, it eased things for me.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I enjoyed Mike's characters more in the first 2 or 3 seasons and after that he was just there for me.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:19 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I honestly never even liked Mike that much as a character individually, but yeah, his relationship with Harvey was everything. I'm gonna miss it a lot. Sadly, the show was kinda lacking on moments for them in recent years compared to the early seasons so again, it eased things for me.
Agreed especially in terms of Mike & Harvey dynamic. I mean it's still there but the earlier seasons had really good stuff for them.

Old 05-03-2018, 02:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Agreed especially in terms of Mike & Harvey dynamic. I mean it's still there but the earlier seasons had really good stuff for them.
Still going to miss them thought regardless of that.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:45 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Being a boss!
#SmanthaWheeler has a badass office that I am thoroughly enjoying pretending is mine!
#suitsusa
#girlswithgumption
#anythingyoucandoicandobetter

Old 05-07-2018, 01:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that
Old 05-11-2018, 08:58 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Katrina and her sleeves are back tonight on #Suits (her cozy shoes are not). @suits_usa

Old 05-13-2018, 02:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Looking forward to seeing more of Katrina in season 8
Old 05-14-2018, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Haha same love her so much

Thanks for the link
Old 05-14-2018, 10:58 PM
Moderator Manager

I'm gonna watch Meghan's wedding this Satuday. Royal weddings are not common.

Old 05-15-2018, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm definitely not
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top