Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2011, 04:05 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettytinydots (View Post)
There was just something about them, like when they were lying under the subway - I can't begin to explain how much I loved that scene.
It's those small, sweet moments like that, that make me love them so much. They have such a natural sweetness to them.

And then you get this horribly tragic dynamic to them in the finale, which took my love for them to a new level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woken and broken (View Post)
plus, you can tell the writers were shifting towards lip/karen more than any other pairing, really, about midway through this season. i for one hope, especially since there aren't any secrets between them, the show tries to develop their relationship more. there is something so fcked up about them, yet that's what makes them so great too imo.
I agree with this as well. And yes, I really hope they choose to continue building them up next season. Their finale scene seemed really hopeful for that. However, I do not think they are completely issue free at this point either.
nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands
Old 04-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Elite Fan

I'm definitely curious to know where Lip/Karen are headed, but I'll be sorely disappointed if their issues & resulting dynamic gets tossed aside for a streamlined romance. There has to be repercussions, and they're far more interesting jumbled and complicated any how
Old 04-15-2011, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm just gonna sit over here, not shipping karen and lip.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Elite Fan

Talk about something else if you don't ship them

Quote:
I'm definitely curious to know where Lip/Karen are headed, but I'll be sorely disappointed if their issues & resulting dynamic gets tossed aside for a streamlined romance. There has to be repercussions, and they're far more interesting jumbled and complicated any how
Yeah I agree. I don't mind if it takes them ages to get back to any sort of normality. Even if they stop hooking up and are just friends, so long as they're involved with each other still. I'd be so annoyed if they were just forgotten about.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 04-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andra (View Post)
I'm just gonna sit over here, not shipping karen and lip.
I don't ship them either, but they are certainly interesting
Old 04-16-2011, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

well its kind of hard to when thats all you guys talk about. did you start a couples thread yet?

Old 04-16-2011, 04:21 PM
Elite Fan

I'd take it over comparing Tony and Steve

How about we gush about our unanimous Lip love?
Old 04-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Elite Fan

it's hard not to talk about them when they were such a big part of the season.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 04-17-2011, 02:58 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
And then you get this horribly tragic dynamic to them in the finale, which took my love for them to a new level.
Oh that just made it a whole lot better (even if the reason for it was completely horrible).
Old 04-17-2011, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i'm going to start rewatching shameless tonight b/c i can't wait any longer. lol.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

i dont really think karen/lip WERE that big of a part though :/. Which is partly why I cant really ship them. because i dont think they got enough focus. not in the way that steve/fiona did, IMO.

i barely even really noticed them/karen until the last few episodes.

Old 04-17-2011, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^i think what happened with this season is fiona/steve were the romantic focal point during the first half and then lip/karen somehow took their place during the second half. i mean, i love steve, but his character, in general, especially after debbie discovered his secret, he just became such a moot point of the show. if he wasn't away from fiona, so fiona could worry about their relationship, he was being stalked by tony/manipulated by debbie... or letting lip get involved in something he shouldn't have been. anyway, with the season ending the way it did, i feel like the show really wants to avoid cementing any said romantic pairing and just focus on the family going into season two. what i find refreshing about lip/karen, even though their honesty wasn't openly shared, there isn't any bs between them now. that definitely won't last long with eddies suicide though. heh.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Total Fan

yeah, lip/karen really weren't the pairing with the most focus until 1.12 really. which i was totally fine with. idk why, but i usually fall for "side" couples a lot lol. i just typically like the way the writing for those types are presented. like kind of in a subtle way. i really loved that about lip/karen in the earlier episodes. they were so cute and sweet haha!

gahhh i'm sooo ready to see what happens in S2! they betttter not do any time jump or anything. i want to see everyone's reaction to karen's dad's suicide.

does anyone know when filming starts for S2? has it already? and if so, i wonder how they're going to that winter setting haha.
nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands
Old 04-17-2011, 08:22 PM
Extreme Fan

I really love this show! I didn't think I would but now I find myself waiting for S2! Hoping Justin gets to come back

ღ Lucky & Liz Fan ALWAYS--permanent lock ღ
Christina is
Old 04-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
i feel like the show really wants to avoid cementing any said romantic pairing and just focus on the family going into season two.
I hope that's the case