Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2014, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Rizzoli & Isles [TNT] #4: "Are we having a sleep over or is this you're way of saying you're attracted to me?"- Jane Rizzoli

TNT - Rizzoli and Isles: Home
Tess Gerritsen: The Author

The Show:

Unlike other crime series that focuses on understanding the mind of a killer in order to solve a murder mystery, Rizzoli and Isles focuses on the science of murder. This new TNT series, premiering Monday, July 12, offers an exciting new twist to the world of procedural drama while boasting a promising cast that includes Angie Harmon and Maura Isles.

On Rizzoli and Isles, Angie Harmon plays a Boston detective named Jane Rizzoli, who teams up with medical examiner Maura Isles, played by Maura Isles, to solve crimes and expose not only the culprit but how the culprit executed the crime as well. Fortunately, these two are not alone

~*~*~

The Books:

Rizzoli & Isles is based off the best selling thriller novel series by author Tess Gerritsen. Like many adaptations there are differences between the novels and it's onscreen counterpart but both add a uniqueness in terms of creativity leading the fan to enjoy both simultaneously and still loving the characters that Gerritsen created.

(US & UK editions)

~*~*~

On-Screen Scenes:

~*~*~

In Memoriam:

"We shouldn’t be here today, Barry Frost was too young and too good for us to be here today.
But yet, here we are. I’ve been given the incredible honor of talking about how much we all loved Barry,
and I could say a lot and then go sit down, but it wouldn’t do him justice. Barry was so many things to so many people.
A son. A cop. A friend. I met Barry when he joined homicide. He was so nervous because parts of the job didn’t quite agree
with him, but he didn’t let that stand in his way. He always wanted to try new things and push himself. I admired the passion
he brought to his work. I will miss him as my partner. I will miss him as my friend.

Death may have taken Barry but it can't take our memories of him.
Those wonderful and perfect and beautiful memories.
Those thank God are ours to keep."
Emma♥Neal

Last edited by Ron_Beckett; 08-07-2014 at 03:28 PM
Old 07-23-2014, 07:13 AM
Master Fan

Nice update to the OP Ron
Old 07-23-2014, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks. I figured it needed more sprucing

Hope it's okay I left the Frost/Young memorial on there.
Emma♥Neal
Old 07-23-2014, 05:48 PM
Master Fan

I think we should.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay cool.

~*~*~

So what did you all think of this weeks episode? I thought it was different but in a good way. I thought with Maura away at the conference there wouldn't be much of her but it was cool to see her still skyping and helping with the case.

The case was a sad one and one you hear a lot over sometimes.

I totally love the "sismance" with Suzie and Jane. Suzie really got her time to shine in this episode and it was awesome especially the banter she had with Jane. And OMG those dioramas, loved them!

That ending was something special. Bruce McGill singing and playing the guitar was amazing. Just my kind of folk music! As I was watching and listening I could totally picture him at one of our local theaters where we have these folk festivals here in town, that's how much I enjoyed it. FB had a post where you could download the song so I quickly did and now it's in my RI playlist.

~*~*~

On another note, beginning chapter 21 of 'Body Double'. Gah Gerritsen is making it difficult for me to have a favorite book because this one is insane!

And on a second note, I should be getting my S2 dvds soon! They are so cheap on amazon so I just had to get it. I hope to be getting S3 and S4 when I get a chance
Emma♥Neal
Old 07-24-2014, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

tftnt

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-24-2014, 06:57 PM
Master Fan

I definitely liked Korsak's performance. I wonder where the idea came from for him to play. It was cool.
Old 07-25-2014, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah same here. I thought that was pretty sweet. I would love to hear more of his music. It's very folk which is something I miss hearing.

~*~*~

Okay got my S2 dvds.

~*~*~

Starting book #5, "Vanish". Book 4 was absolutely insane. I loved it!

~*~*~

LOL funny how I've loved this show since the start but now it finally has time to become my new obsession

~*~*~

Oh so I watched the special features in the S1 dvds. When I got to the feature "Chicks in a Bottle", there was a segment where they talked about LTY and it seriously brought me to tears! So much accolades that the cast and producer had for him and Lee talking about how much he enjoyed playing the role. Gah I cried

I have this Smallville poster with him on it and it's always so sad to look at.
Emma♥Neal
Old 07-25-2014, 08:10 AM
Master Fan

How long does it take you to read one book Ron?
Old 07-25-2014, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Surprisingly with this series it has taken me 3 days for each. Normally it takes me a full week (5-7) days to read and finish a book. I'm flying through these R&I books though.

~*~*~

Okay so I like making lyric banners and I think it's about time I start doing some for RI. I even have the perfect song to start with so I'll be posting those in the next several days
Emma♥Neal
Old 07-25-2014, 06:55 PM
Master Fan

When books are really great I can get through them quick too but then I get sad when it's over and there's no more story to read That's why I've reread a couple.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

LOL I know what you mean. That's kind of why I'm glad that I've got 5 more in the series to read. I keep going through these quickly. Not gonna be so easy though when I get to book 10 and book 11 comes out in December

~*~*~

So I've been re-watching the show since I got the dvds. I hadn't seen S1 and 2 in years but there are certain things that I could still remember from them.

Seriously such an awesome show.

~*~*~

Working on my banners today
Emma♥Neal
Old 07-26-2014, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I still need to get the DVDs. There are so many that I need right now, though.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-27-2014, 05:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

LOL tell me about it. That's why it took me so long to get these. I had always been getting others instead.
Emma♥Neal
Old 07-27-2014, 06:54 PM
Master Fan

I never get tired of rewatching the seasons.