Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2017, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie Mae (View Post)
Thanks for starting this! I've added the show to my queue to watch!
Same here
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

I ship it because Veronica is so clearly obsessed with Betty and I think they have awesome chemistry. But I do agree that the kiss came out of nowhere. I wasnt fond of it, because it didnt nothing for the plot, just felt like a gimmick.

I also think that Jughead would and should be asexual (Even though i ship him with like everyone) because they should be represented on television.

I kinda like the idea of the Cheryl/Jason incest thing . Not because I ship it or anything but I would find the SL intriguing.

I LOVE VERONICA SHE IS THE BEST. I def. prefer veronica/archie to betty/archie, butttt like i said before its veronica/betty for me personally.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 10:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The incest thing is kinda reminding me of Cersei/Jaimie from GoT
Old 02-06-2017, 10:09 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I ship it because Veronica is so clearly obsessed with Betty and I think they have awesome chemistry. But I do agree that the kiss came out of nowhere. I wasnt fond of it, because it didnt nothing for the plot, just felt like a gimmick.
It was a gimmick because plot wise it didn't really move any story forward. However I do love the Betty & Veronica friendship on this show. Not so much in the comics because Veronica is savage. I still think the love triangle will happen. There's something about that episode 2 ending with the "Core 4" that struck me and with Jughead's monologue that makes me think it will happen.

Quote:
I also think that Jughead would and should be asexual (Even though i ship him with like everyone) because they should be represented on television.
This is all I want, tbh.

Quote:
I kinda like the idea of the Cheryl/Jason incest thing . Not because I ship it or anything but I would find the SL intriguing.
I think Cheryl killed Jason because she's jealous that he & Polly were getting involved. Mostly I still don't care for the Blossoms. I need more Josie and the Pussycats!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah the triangle definitely will happen.
Old 02-07-2017, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I want to wait until a have a bunch of episodes I can binge watch!

Glad you guys are enjoying it so far!
Mi||iê Måë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 09:30 PM
Master Fan

I will lose my if the triangle doesn't happen. It has to because it's such a huge part of the comics. Betty has always deserved better, but in the comics, she has gotten dates and had relationships with other guys.

Spoiler:

Asexuals do need representation on tv, but damn Cole for making Jughead so hot.

I'm hoping that they do his story justice,because he and Veronica are the characters people are talking about.

Archie doesn't consider Betty his girlfriend-Veronica is. Betty is just backup if Veronica ditches him,wants to go out with Reggie or jerks him around. Obviously the show will be kinder, but I want Betty/Veronica because Archie isn't good to her. The kiss was stupid and a gimmick, but it's just so obvious that Veronica has either a squick(asexual or aromantic crush) or a flat-out crush on Betty.

I can't ship Jughead with anyone aside from Betty and probably Archie,because there's a portion of the fanbase that thinks that in the past, his disinterest in girls was because the only person he could ever feel anything for is Archie. Although I won't lie-It feels like they've set him up with Sabrina. Jughead and Ethel...eh. He's never liked her back, although in the 90's movie he was shocked by how hot she became and at some point in the comics,he did say he secretly liked her.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:21 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
I will lose my if the triangle doesn't happen. It has to because it's such a huge part of the comics. Betty has always deserved better, but in the comics, she has gotten dates and had relationships with other guys.

Spoiler:
THIS. For 40+ years the comics' core center is around the Archie/Betty/Veronica love triangle.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Asexuals do need representation on tv, but damn Cole for making Jughead so hot.
YES! The fact that he's not interested makes him hot?

Quote:
I'm hoping that they do his story justice,because he and Veronica are the characters people are talking about.
I like Veronica's version on the show because if they followed the comics, EVERYONE will hate Veronica.

Quote:
Archie doesn't consider Betty his girlfriend-Veronica is. Betty is just backup if Veronica ditches him,wants to go out with Reggie or jerks him around. Obviously the show will be kinder, but I want Betty/Veronica because Archie isn't good to her. The kiss was stupid and a gimmick, but it's just so obvious that Veronica has either a squick(asexual or aromantic crush) or a flat-out crush on Betty.
Archie did string Betty along a lot in the comics, that was so frustrating. But even so, Betty still pursued him. That scene of Archie singing and playing his guitar and Betty looking at him, that was canon in the sense that Betty always pined after Archie even if she knew that Archie/Veronica kissed (on the show). That was the frustrating part about Betty in the comics, she still pursued Archie even knowing that Archie sometimes chose Veronica over her.

Quote:
I can't ship Jughead with anyone aside from Betty and probably Archie,because there's a portion of the fanbase that thinks that in the past, his disinterest in girls was because the only person he could ever feel anything for is Archie. Although I won't lie-It feels like they've set him up with Sabrina. Jughead and Ethel...eh. He's never liked her back, although in the 90's movie he was shocked by how hot she became and at some point in the comics,he did say he secretly liked her.
I ship Jughead with burgers and life. I only see a friendship with Betty and if the triangle is to happen, I see that friendship being explored because Betty's going to hurt a lot and Jughead will be there to console her.
Spoiler:

I apologize for such a long post about this show. This is what happens to me when I've read too much Archie Comics back then when everyone else was reading Marvel and DC comics.

Old 02-07-2017, 10:34 PM
Master Fan

I stopped reading Archie for Marvel,DC and some Dark Horse and Image.

Jughead isn't just hot because he's not interested, it's because Cole makes him look hot physically as well. Like,with the way Cole seems to want to try him,he could have any kind of a relationship with someone in order to figure himself out. Even if he is asexual,he could technically find happiness in a relationship. An intense connection with someone can also be the same as romantic love. He has the potential to become a lot more fascinating.

Jughead and Betty aren't necessarily that popular just yet. Betty/Veronica is in the lead and will be by far. If he is with Betty,I hope it's a squick or queerplatonic.

Yeah,Veronica's friendship with Betty in the comics has always been so weird. I had this one issue where they were on the phone all day and Hiram wonders what they're talking about. When she says Betty is sleeping over, he's like, "You just spent hours on the phone with her." They still had more to talk about. Yet at the same time, she and Betty will kill each other over Archie.

I'm wondering what they'll do with Reggie. I hope they put him with Midge,because if Moose is curious,then it won't hurt him as much when Midge cheats yet again. Betty/Reggie wouldn't be the end of the world, but I dislike show Reggie. He seems like a dudebro so far.

That man will use anyone and everyone for food. I kind of wish he wasn't asexual because I want him to have a food fetish. Food-play smutfic ahoy!
Old 02-07-2017, 10:58 PM
Moderator Manager

It was the only comic I was allowed to read (along with Heathcliff and Calvin & Hobbes) because my parents think Marvel & DC are too violent. They buy me Archie Comics.

Yeah, I do agree that Cole makes him hot. He can definitely have an intense relationship with someone, not romantic or sexual, and I'll be fine with that. For me that should be with Archie as they have been friends forever.

Betty & Veronica in the comics was so frustrating. Like Veronica will be with Reggie to make Archie jealous. Betty will be with Reggie to make Archie jealous. Then when they're back in Archie's good graces they'll get jealous of each other and fight again and then go back to Reggie. This SL may be infuriating to watch so I don't want them doing this on the show but just that the love triangle should exist. I'm surprised it's not happening yet as I'm not that interested with this whole Jason murder plot.

Actually show Reggie is much like in the comics. I'll need to see more episodes but so far, show Reggie is canon. If Midge finds out Moose is a closet gay, then I can see Reggie/Midge happening. Reggie did always pursue Midge in the comics and Moose would beat him up and Jughead always laughed about this. I'm all for Betty/Reggie too (for the reason that Jughead will hate this relationship A LOT) but they need to develop show Reggie more.

I just want to see Jughead eating a burger or drinking a milkshake. Is that so hard CW? That's already a shout out to the comic version. I'm already seething with all the changes they did and even more changes, I'm going to lose it too.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:52 AM
Master Fan

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Tbh,the sexism and the thing with Reggie was kind of why I started to lose interest after awhile. Granted,the fandom is frozen in time, but it was sort of like,why, in this day and age are women putting up with this crap?

Until they started to move Archie forward,I lost interest in it. I tried looking for comics with Kevin and couldn't find them. The perpetual 50's was annoying and before they declared that Jughead was asexual,he looked like kind of an .

Cole actually called Jughead creepy and a few other negative things in a recent interview. I was offended,but Jughead's behavior has always been questionable, despite how awesome he is in general.

I wish they'd get rid of the mystery, period. It wasn't necessary and Jason could have dated Betty.

They do need to show Jughead eating a burger,but his food obsession started to grate on my nerves after awhile.I think it had more to do with how old-fashioned the comics were,but I felt like he wasn't developing past this food-obsessed guy who thought girls were icky and could be misogynist at times.

So long as there's no Jughead/Veronica,I'll live. That would be gross on so many levels. Plus, Betty is more likely to accept an asexual or aromantic love than Veronica ever would be.

Thank god show Veronica is so intense about Betty. Even if it's not sexual or romantic, it counts as a squick. It could be proof that Betty is open-minded.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh the triangle will happen for sure. i know they are setting the seeds with archie/betty but im not sure they are gonna push the veronica/archie thing just yet. i think and hope that they wait at least a season to let betty/veronica grow closer as friends first.

i also agree that the blossoms arent that interesting to me as characters yet, and we better get to know more about josie or i will be livid!

in the comics how did the triangle go down? did anyone end up together or are they still going or what? i know nothing about them really. i read them forever ago but not consistently and i dont remember anything now lol.

jughead and veronica are my favs so i cant say i would hate if it went there but i think i would prefer just a really close friendship. i love that dynamic.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 01:59 AM
Passionate Fan

they created two different scenarios

one with archie being married to veronica, then archie being married to betty
Old 02-08-2017, 11:17 AM
Master Fan

The comics are doing a Riverdale one-shot. It has Veronica/Kevin in one corner, Archie/Valerie in the other and Betty/Jughead in the other.

It probably won't happen,but I want Valerie to have a presence. She and Archie should become friends,since they're doing the classic format.

I like Valerie better than Josie,tbh. They did a Josie and the Pussycats movie and Rosario Dawson played Valerie. She was awesome and even if Josie was good, Rosario and Valerie stole the show. Rachel Leigh Cook did a decent job, but out of all the Pussycats,they did the best with Val.

Hopefully Josie won't be a stereotype. I'm mad about Tina not being Indian,especially since they've done well with everyone else. Plus,they made Mr. Weatherbee black and Reggie is Asian. That and they made Dilton Asian-Us Asians can't catch a break. Either we're played by Americans or British people or we're stereotypes.

I wouldn't mind if they became friends since this Veronica is much better, but shipping them is gross and anti-comic.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:57 AM
Passionate Fan

in the comics, Valerie and Archie did have a thing. They did do a story on that

Last edited by Swift2Potter; 02-08-2017 at 03:59 PM
Swift2Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top