Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2004, 12:15 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, I heard of the books. I knew she had cancer - and I know she got raped by a "fan" in 1986. Not really the life story you would expect, I guess.

[ 02-03-2004: Message edited Caradeangel ]

Also, punctuation marks don't live in packs!

If you made that icon let me know. I'd be happy to credit you!
Old 02-03-2004, 12:21 PM
Supreme Fan

some ppl are just sick. i don't really know anything about her or the other actors on the show. just been enjoying the show for years.
Old 02-04-2004, 02:39 AM
Loyal Fan

wow, is very sad what happened to Fran, [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] i didn't knew it

i was addicted to this show, i like more the early seasons. Niles and C.C are the best [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mary
Old 02-04-2004, 03:22 AM
Passionate Fan

I knew she had cancer. That's pretty sad. I hope everything is alright now. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2004, 06:46 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Caradeangel:
<STRONG>Yeah, I heard of the books. I knew she had cancer - and I know she got raped by a "fan" in 1986. Not really the life story you would expect, I guess.

[ 02-03-2004: Message edited Caradeangel ]</STRONG>
Oh my God, people are sick!

I love her. Can't stop watching the reruns.

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] I'm Anne btw [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2004, 06:50 AM
Moderator Support Team

hi people [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] i´m suzie

i love the show.. even when in Germany they show the 100000 rerun... i still watch it..

i knew that fran had breast cancer but i didnt know that she was raped..

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 02-04-2004, 07:00 AM
Supreme Fan

cara -- and you thought you were the only one! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2004, 07:01 AM
Addicted Fan

Wow... looks liek there are a lot of Nanny fans in Germany. - Well, Vox know why they keep showing reruns. lol

Old 02-04-2004, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

When they show The Nanny in Germany, do they show it in English? It would miss her nasal New York accent, if dubbed.

I saw an episode yesterday that was new to me. Fran dresses up like a man to get into an all-male club.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:23 AM
Supreme Fan

nah, it's dubbed. but the german voice is doing a really really good job, trust me [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

i saw the non-dubbed version in the us & that voice is kinda unique. but the german voice does come pretty, pretty close [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2004, 07:24 AM
Addicted Fan

I don't know that episode!!! lol

No, unfortunately on German TV everything is dubbed. But I don't really miss her original voice. I watched Beautician and the Beast in English and at first I was shocked. lol

Old 02-04-2004, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Danke, girls. I find it interesting that so many countries get these shows.
I was in London last summer, and could watch most of the shows I watch in Indiana. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2004, 07:32 AM
Supreme Fan

i know the episode where she dresses up like a man. that's one of the episodes i seem to catch on every re-run [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

well, why shouldn't we get all these shows? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] it's just too bad everything is dubbed. i don't mind the nanny being dubbed, i think they're doing a pretty good job. or w&g are very good, too. but some shows are really bad. like friends. once you've seen the originals or heard the voices rather, it's kinda hard to go back to the german version.

[ 02-04-2004: Message edited galela ]
Old 02-04-2004, 07:35 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by IndyFan:
<STRONG>I saw an episode yesterday that was new to me. Fran dresses up like a man to get into an all-male club.</STRONG>
I love that ep. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

It's really great that so many shows are airing all around the world. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] But there are still a lot of shows which doesn't air here (Germany again [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]) yet (The OC, One Tree Hill and some others). I hope that changes soon. I love american shows. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2004, 07:37 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by galela:
<STRONG>but some shows are really bad. like friends. once you've seen the originals or heard the voices rather, it's kinda hard to go back to the german version.</STRONG>
Word! Friends sucks in german. It's a totally different show to me when I watch it in german.

But the dubbed version of the Nanny is great I think. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I never saw the english version though. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top