Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2008, 08:08 PM
Master Fan

I missed it AGAIN!!! *cries* I have some sort of curse or something where I only catch the last 15 minutes. *mad* I am a little confused though...was Peggy the one that put the note up against Joan? Why are they rivals again?
Old 08-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I missed it AGAIN!!! *cries* I have some sort of curse or something where I only catch the last 15 minutes. *mad* I am a little confused though...was Peggy the one that put the note up against Joan? Why are they rivals again?
Paul put up the note after Joan totally burned him about having a black girlfriend, and basically just using her to make his life seem interesting and different.

I love this show. I love it. I love it. I love it. I am this show's bitch! * is on a Mad Men high*

Pete-*hugs tightly* I felt so sorry for Pete this episode. They were all making fun of this tragedy because we can laugh at things that don't effect us on a personal level, then BAM he finds out his father was on the plane. You could just see how shocked, hurt, and lost he was. You could feel his pain all through out the whole episode. VK wins this week.

Don/Pete-Would you two team up please? I loved that Pete went to Don. The office scene made me so sad. Both men seemed lost. Pete wanting to know what to do, and Don who has no idea how to deal with emotion, is at a lost but still tries. Loved it. These two could own SC. Their brains together could bring about something so great.

Joan-Bitch!! What a BURN it was to Paul, sitting in my living I felt it. Now I understand some of the anger Joan holds. She's in her 30's! She's older than Betty. By society of her time standards she should be married and living the life Betty has and she's not, and now she has go to work and watch the "youth generation" begin to take over. I would be ticked too.

Paul-Awesome come back. You are made of win for that one.

Don-I love this character so much and I hate seeing him down and out like he has been these last two eps. You have ethnics, morals, and a code, and as ****ed up as you are; I adore you for it. I think Don was right in this. Yes, American Airlines is a bigger company, but SC already have an airline company that they can build up and make just as big and gain more recognition for doing that. Mohawk brings in one million and they're frakkin airplane did not just fall out the damn sky! How the hell does SC plan to spin that? How do you even spin that into your favor without seeming cold?

Duck-I dislike you. Like Don said there is life and then there's work. You gotta have some kind of morals, some sort of ethnics, and establish some boundaries that you don't cross. Getting ahead is good, but there are somethings and some people you should not be willing to use to do so. I don't like how Duck used Pete at all. It's bad business, and it all rubbed the wrong way. It's almost like you killed his father and he just so happens to work for us so now make it up to him by giving us business. All kinds of wrong and I really hope SC does not get the AA.

Peggy-WTF!? New York State? Doctors? Does those two months mean Peggy was in the psych ward? Is that why Don let her have the two months? The state took her kid (or is it kids)? The way she held her kid like a sack of potatoes...cold.

Betty/Don/Betty-I gotta know what the heck happened between you two these two years cause things have changed. Seems to me Betty doesn't like liars, just wait till she finds out that infidelity is just one of Don's many. Don being faithful and trying to be a family man (too little too late it all seems) is a bit strange. I wonder how long it'll hold up. Betty needs to start whoring it up already, and I want the two to fight, if it will actually get them anywhere that is.

Bobby-You are your father's son.

Sally/Bobby-Your parents will be paying for therapy in the near future.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

so pete is finally playing the game, huh? how heartbreakingly sad that this is the way he will succeed! im not even shocked or surprised that he came around... more or less disappointed though... i mean duck is using him... he is manipulating petes fathers death to land the account... id ask if people are really that cold and vicious, but the honest truth is, yes they are... that is the way the world works... especially men in business... but to watch pete literally unfolding throughout the ep and to reach this point... how can he go from not even knowing if he will cry for his father to wanting to do business with the airline that may be at fault for his fathers death?... im just so taken aback by this

every word and action pete portrayed before the end i knew beforehand... the writing for his scenes was just so phenomenal and real!... i dont know what to do... what do i do?... everything is the same... when i woke up i felt fine, then i remembered... they really captured the essence of a person in mourning... from the shock to the dark room to the wandering mind... it was perfect and vk blew me away! it was so subtle, but overwhelmingly powerful... i still want to bawl

the one scene that i thought was just beyond any other and probably one of the best in the series is the scene with pete trudy and his family... trudy is such a windbag and cant muster up a condolence or two... the other wife knows she can and brags about it... the mother is probably too high on valium to understand a single word anyone says or remember where that ugly elephant transpired from and pete just wants to have a fckin drink!... i mean seriously... the humor of that scene in such a dark space amazes me!!... just perfect!

amen to peggs lack of faith ... seriously, she hails from such a religious family and clearly her struggle with belief stems from before her incident with pete... im truly intrigued by her background now!... and she is still in utter denial about the baby... although she passed up a trip home with lover boy and while i think its her fear of sex i also believe its her love for pete that stopped her... the way she looked at him at the party and then at the office!! oh.my.god! you could cut that tension with a chainsaw... but she is still removing herself from the office and really struggling to find a place where she belongs... i wonder where all this will lead... i dont know how i feel about her treatment towards her son... maybe she thinks its better he not form an attachment to her... it delves deeper than her denial imo... we'll see

joan is a bitch, but at least she is honest!... except about her age ... i did find her comment to pauls girlfriend hard to swallow though... to go out of ur way to make another feel less then you is just pure cruelty... if she had an issue with paul she should have taken it out on him instead of her... but hey you get what you give and she got it... she only has herself to blame for the consequences... i flove how peggy tried not to laugh at her either... oh how the mighty have fallen

betty should just castrate don and be done with it... she has lost all her appeal to me once again, SIGH... the fact that don wont fight with her leaves me to wonder if he even cares at all anymore... maybe he never did... i think he feels trapped, so why stay? they are my least favorite thing to watch on this show... its like beating a dead horse already, but whatever... and i kinda sorta felt a little for don... here he is trying to do the noble thing and once again money>dignity... but that is the way the world works... don should accept this and evolve... he'll never get anywhere if he refuses to change... he is the one that knows nothing, blah

im sure im forgetting some stuff, but oh well... amazing ep, no pete/pp in the promo *weeps*
Old 08-04-2008, 04:33 AM
Elite Fan

*chants*

I am not freaking out that the episode is still nowhere online.

I lied, I'm totally freaking out the episode is still nowhere onfreakingline!!!!
And I was up at 5 already and pretty much spent the morning refreshing web pages. Unhealthy? Maybe. But damn it, I need my MM fix!!!!!

ETA: Ok I'm much calmer now that I have my episode

Will be back in 47 minutes with my thoughts

Last edited by ~DresdenDoll~; 08-04-2008 at 07:32 AM
Old 08-04-2008, 07:37 AM
Elite Fan

Hey guys
New fan here
I'm still on S1, episode 10 more precisely, and I'm loving this show very much. I can't wait to catch up and discuss more with you

Old 08-04-2008, 08:20 AM
Elite Fan

Hey Cris! Great to see you here! Have fun catching up!

Ok you guys. It was SO FREAKING GOOD!

I think I have to rewatch it before any deeper comments, for now I jsut gotta say that they better not snub VK next year with the Emmys, because that episode? Pure acting masterpiece He broke my heart, even when he was pitching the idea. Have you seen his eyes in that scene? He just totally didn't know what else to do. I bet if Don wasn't so harsh to him in that previous scene, he would have never even think about going there. Don, you idiot, don't push Pete on Duck's side ffs! Remember Cooper and his loyalty remark! Pete still treats Don as a father figure, he still looks up to him, he still admires him. Don is gonna regret wasting this... That scene right after the phone call? WOW. The whole "what should I do", "I don't even know his age", etc. and Don saying how it's what people do and how he's in shock? I think that scene was one of the most honest reactions to death I've seen on TV. Oh man...

Last edited by ~DresdenDoll~; 08-04-2008 at 08:28 AM
Old 08-04-2008, 01:52 PM
JCS
Dedicated Fan

I can´t wait! I am already giddy about this. OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!

You girls are the best!! I love reading what you have wrote. that pic on Pete

Hi Cris!
Old 08-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Elite Fan

I should say I felt for Pete this week. That's just such a horrible thing to go through, no matter the age.

Eh to Don and Mohawk right now.

But oh man, Peggy can't deal with her kid. I find it funny that she had to be declared legally incapable of taking care of it, but I suppose it works in the end.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Elite Fan

Mary check my LJ. Reviews+screencaps

She's still incapable of taking care of it. Something tells me her sister raises him as her own. The kid was actually bawling when her sis left him with him. There's absolutely no emotional bond between them.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

lol, it!... i love how he's referred to as peggy sees him... it
Old 08-04-2008, 02:37 PM
Elite Fan

Do--that's right. She wants nothing to do with that baby at all, and you can tell that there's no love between either of them for each other.

I forgot to talk about Joan's first statement to Sally, too. I know it was common, but man, it hurts to watch it play out.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Elite Fan

She's probably perceived as a total stranger by that child. I mean she wasn't even capable of telling him goodnight. And the way she held him in that church scene? She looked so uncomfortable and uncaring.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i think she's still in denial... like he's not even real to her... if she isnt emotionally capable to take care of him you can't really fault her for removing herself from the picture... especially if the state said so
Old 08-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Elite Fan

Oh it's obvious she has a huge issue with it. Definitely still in denial and definitely emotionally incapable of bonding with it. tbh, I don't think it's that bad for junior. It's pretty obvious her family cares about him and he gets more love from them than she would ever be able to give him in her mental state. I still want Pete to know. Oh man, I'm so curious as to what would be his reaction. He has such big issues with his father which are now probably doubled with the guilt and confusion over his death... That's a killer combination.
Old 08-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Jason Behr
Henry Cavill

I haven't seen the episode yet, so I'm skipping over the comments until I do. But, yay for a new thread.

Cris - Good to see you here. I'm glad you're watching.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top