Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lone Star #1: You play any character you want, but you never play yourself.

Welcome to the 1st thread for the new FOX show "Lone Star"

About:

"Lone Star" (FOX TV show), formerly known as "Midland," is a sophisticated and provocative drama about a con man who is juggling two wives and two very different lives. FOX's "Lone Star" TV show is set against the backdrop of greed and corruption in the Texas oil and power industries. From Chris Keyser and Amy Lippman ("Party of Five"), writer Kyle Killen and directed by Marc Webb ("(500) Days of Summer"), the compelling series stars newcomer James Wolk as Robert Allen, a charismatic and brilliant schemer who has entangled himself in a deep, complex web from which he can't break free. In FOX's "Lone Star" TV series, he's caught between two very different women.

The "Lone Star" cast also includes Adrianne Palicki ("Friday Night Lights") as Cat, Eloise Mumford ("Crash") as Lindsay, Jon Voight as Clint, Mark Deklin as Trammell, ("The Ex List"), David Keith ("The Class") as John Allen, Hannah Leigh Dworkin ("The Suite Life of Zack & Cody") as Grace, and Bryce Johnson ("Doctor Strange") as Drew.

The "Lone Star" TV show is produced by 20th Century Fox Television. "Lone Star" (FOX TV show) was created by Kyle Killen. The executive produces of FOX's "Lone Star" TV series are Kyle Killen, Amy Lippman, Chris Keyser, Chris Weitz, Kerry Kohansky Roberts and Paul Weitz. Marc Webb directed the pilot for FOX's "Lone Star" TV series.

Series Premiere
MON 9/8c SEP 20
Hero of Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for this thread. This show looks good. I'm primarily watching this for Adrienne Palicki, but I'm hoping it's totally great and I'll be hooked!
Old 09-19-2010, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Heleen ! Great to see you here, I thought I was all alone with this show . My main reason for watching is Adrianne too, but the trailers are great, so I hope it's just not another show.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Heleen ! Great to see you here, I thought I was all alone with this show . My main reason for watching is Adrianne too, but the trailers are great, so I hope it's just not another show.
Old 09-19-2010, 11:15 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm excited to watch this show. The previews looked really good.
Moon-River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Almost finished with the pilot. Loved it!! Great casting!
Old 09-20-2010, 07:56 PM
Elite Fan

Loved the Pilot. I saw it last week. TiVo had a special promo. James Wolk! It's an interesting series, very layered. And for me personally, after loving and really delving into Sawyer on Lost as a con-man, I find this to be a perfect detour/escape. I love the tag line about "never play yourself" / Can't wait to see where it goes. And if The Event becomes any wackier or out there, I might just cancel that Season Pass for Lonestar. For now, LS is being watched via Hulu.
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:19 PM
Elite Fan

I'm definitely going to catch this show tomorrow, definitely. I thought, from the moment I saw the promos months ago, that this show seemed like the most promising of this new tv season.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not sure how I feel about the show's writing/pacing, but Wolk's hot.

I'll give it at least a few more episodes for my eyes' sake.
-Bianca- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:44 AM
Master Fan

I checked it out only for Adrianne but glad I did, thought it was well done for a pilot, it established the characters, the main SLs, the cast is great

I do think it might work well as a 13 episode series, IDK how long the premise can sustain itself

Hugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

What do people think about the pilot for this show?
Proud Shipper and Fan of Val/Jeff Holly/Henry Brooke/Lucas Jake/Peyton Nathan/Taylor Sean/Emma Craig/Manny Jay/Alex Spinner/Paige Kelso/Jackie Eric/Donna Cory/Topanga Slater/Jesse Zack/Kelly David/Donna Brenda/Dylan Kelly/Brandon Steve/Janet Brady/Amber Henry/Sam[/ COLOR]Dedicated to Andrew Lawrence, Dustin Milligan, ARod Jared Padalecki, Sam Winchester, and Milo Ventimiglia True Love First Love[/COLOR] I want a Henry of my own.
lovejonathanjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I still have to see it. I'll probably watch it tonight or tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubborn Tomato (View Post)
It looks really good. It seems like a very interesting story.

I hope the show lasts.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:26 AM
Master Fan

the ratings for the premiere were a disaster only 4 millions
damn this show looks good
Old 09-21-2010, 11:26 AM
Extreme Fan

I thought it had promise but I'm not sure how it can be a long running series but since it's on FOX it probably won't be.
pacifierrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought this was a fantastic pilot.

That's why it's so sad the ratings were so horrible. Only 4 million. I know FOX won't hesitate to pull the plug if it doesn't somehow gain a few more million in the coming weeks. Such a shame. James Wolk has so much charisma. This show should have made him a star. I guess this show should have been on cable instead.
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
fall like stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top