Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Elite Fan

The Killing (AMC) #1 Who Killed Rosie Larsen?

Quote:
AMC has begun production on the network's next original series, The Killing. From writer, executive producer and series showrunner Veena Sud (Cold Case), The Killing is based on the wildly successful Danish television series Forbrydelsen and tells the story of the murder of a young girl in Seattle and the subsequent police investigation. Season one will consist of thirteen one-hour episodes and will debut with a 2 hour premiere on Sun., Apr. 3 at 9PM | 8C.

The Killing ties together three distinct stories around a single murder including the detectives assigned to the case, the victim's grieving family, and the suspects. Set in Seattle, the story also explores local politics as it follows politicians connected to the case. As the series unfolds, it becomes clear that there are no accidents; everyone has a secret, and while the characters think they've moved on, their past isn't done with them.

The Killing stars Mireille Enos (Big Love) as Sarah Linden, the lead homicide detective that investigates the death of Rosie Larsen; Billy Campbell (Once and Again) as Darren Richmond, Seattle's City Council President and now running for Mayor; Joel Kinnaman (Snabba Cash) as Stephen Holder, an ex-narc cop who joins the homicide division in the investigation to find Rosie's killer; Michelle Forbes (True Blood) as Rosie's mother, Mitch Larsen; and Brent Sexton (W., In the Valley of Elah) as Rosie's father, Stan Larsen. The pilot is directed by Patty Jenkins (Monster).

Filmed in Vancouver, The Killing is produced by Fox Television Studios and executive produced by Mikkel Bondesen (Burn Notice) for Fuse Entertainment. Fuse's Kristen Campo co-produces. AMC’s Joel Stillerman, senior vice president of original programming, production and digital content, Susie Fitzgerald, senior vice president of scripted development and current programming and Jason Fisher, senior vice president of production oversee production of the series for the network.

kenny | credit
Old 04-04-2011, 02:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

I was kinda bored with it. It's not usually my type of show, but I kept watching for Linden's laid back partner. He's entertaining. lol
Old 04-04-2011, 07:30 AM
Elite Fan

What did you think of Holder coming onto those teenage girls and smoking pot with them? I was a bit shocked by that. I mean, I expected his methods to be against the curve, but I almost questioned if it was a tactic, or if he was going to do something with them.

kenny | credit
Old 04-04-2011, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

I thought he was actually trying to do something with them. Because earlier in the episode he asked the teacher if Rosie was hot. lol. My thinking was, ok, this guy is a weirdo. So thank god it turned out to just be a tactic. Because he was creeping me out.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:59 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I was almost suspecting him, but then I thought, WAY TOO OBVIOUS. Since he's new in town, criminal past, etc. It was shocking Rosie ended up in a stolen campaign car. I have zero idea who's behind it. We got such a morsel at this point. I have to say, Michelle Forbes broke my heart.

kenny | credit
Old 04-04-2011, 11:58 PM
Elite Fan

I was hooked by the pilot...and I hope the show just keeps getting better
Old 04-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

wow it didn't knwon there was a thread
I loved the pilot.

"i'm not weird, i'm limited edition "

Old 04-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Absolute Fan

I love it. Remains me, in some way, to Five days, the british miniseries.

Luckily, i don´t know anything about the original and, althought usually im a spoiler junkie, i want to try not be one in this show.

About "the pot" i think that it wasnt pot at all and that his unsual methods is going to give him more that one problem.
The most outstanding, imo, was the work of Michelle Forbes and Brent Sexton, the scene when the police finds the body and their reacctiond broke my heart. When they identified Rosie´s body and when they tell to Rosie´s brothers that their sister die were such powefull scenes and they gave such a powerfulls performances.
IMO, those scenes are some of the best in this year on any tv show.

About the killer, to soon to tell, in this moment, i have to suspects but, i got the feeling that im going to be so wrong.

Please, excuse me. My english is poor.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah i feelt it had a european feeling to it.

I don't either, and i wanna keep it that way.

Yeah michelle was great as the mother.

"i'm not weird, i'm limited edition "

Old 04-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Elite Fan

I think the whole cast is great...and I have no idea who could be the killer at this point...I have to learn more about the characters before I start guessing
Old 04-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Master Fan

omg are you guys kidding, I thought the show was GREAT. I loved EVERYTHING about and I seriously cannot wait for the next episode.

I think Holden just has a different approach. Maybe he was fishing out for pedos who may have killed Rosie. You never know who works in a school. And with the girls, it was obvious that he wouldn't be able to get the same info with a different tactic. I thought the way he approached the girls was perfect, they gave out just the right info. And was he really smoking pot? It seemed like neither girl had ever smoked, specially with the brunette being all "omg i'm soooo stoned" lol are you kidding. I'm thinking it may have been those natural cigarettes? Or just a random one, if the girls didn't smoke (like it seemed) they wouldn't know the difference.

LOVED the jack/Holden/Linden scene where the boys are making fun of her and I have a feeling Sarah is never going to leave
Old 04-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm kind of suspicious of the guy running for mayor. But that could just be due to the actor. He has a sneaky look.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:12 PM
Master Fan

IDK I don't have any bad feelings about him, but Gwen just rubs me off the wrong way.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Gwen is the chick that looks after his campaign?
Old 04-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~lipstick (View Post)
IDK I don't have any bad feelings about him, but Gwen just rubs me off the wrong way.
deia finally we have something in common again

about the president of the city council...I do think he has a dark secret...but I don't think he has anything to do with the murder, it would be way too obvious...at least not directly

and I hope Linden never leaves ...I'm suspicious about her fiance, don't know why
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top