Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2007, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Do we have an "official" premiere date yet?
Old 10-15-2007, 10:01 AM
Elite Fan

I haven't heard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Mustang Girl (View Post)
Astra Did you find anything in your search for Jericho fanfic? I haven't read any either. In fact, I really don't read ANY fanfic
Well... I've just had time to grab a few links but no time to separate the wheat from the chaff so to speak...

jericho fanfiction
FanFiction.Net - Jericho FanFiction Archive

Also Yahoo Groups has a fanfic group here... but *shrug*:
BeyondJericho : Jericho Fanfic

Oooh oooh... gotta question... I just love the new Matchbox 20 song "How Far We've Come"... does anyone else think about Jericho when they hear it.... It oughta be our theme song for getting a board
Old 10-15-2007, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Thanks for those links, Astra

By the way, Astra and I are on the Campaign Thread on the Requests Board discussing ways we can really hit the votes next month. Who wants to join us? Come on over
Old 10-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Moderator Support Team

I'll be over there soon.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ive been looking around, and people seem to think it will be jan/feb premiere.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks! I'm glad we at least have a general idea... One can never tell w/ the networks though...
Old 10-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Since we've allready got the middle of october it's not gonna be that long anymore, although we'd rather have them now. But better late than never.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

I found an article that discusses a possible return date

Quote:
CBS’s ‘Jericho’ Could Return Next Month—Or Next Year

“Jericho” fans, get ready to go nuts.

There’s a slim chance the CBS cult favorite could return to the air next month.

The seven-episode second season has wrapped production and the network is eyeing the show as a potential replacement for one of several time periods that might open up in the coming weeks. In other words, if freshman efforts “Kid Nation,” “Cane,” “Moonlight” or the upcoming “Viva Laughlin” tank in the ratings, CBS is considering firing out “Jericho.”

CBS’ other midseason drama, "Swingtown," is not going to be ready until next year, though network also has “The Amazing Race” and game show “Power of 10” available to fill one-hour slots. CBS scheduling head Kelly Kahl cautioned that the new freshman lineup is performing solidly and that no show is guaranteed the next opening.

“The best thing going for ‘Jericho’ is it’s done and ready to go,” Kahl says. “But it’s too early to tell what time period is going to be available.”
Last season "Jericho" aired Wednesdays at 8 p.m., the time period now held by "Nation." Though the slots occupied by "Nation," "Cane," "Laughlin" and "Moonlight" all have their pros and cons as potential "Jericho" homes, sources said "Jericho" is considered a viable alternate for any of them. (Just what controversy-weary "Nation" producer Tom Forman needs -- nut-flinging "Jericho" fans assailing him to get out of their time slot).
If the current CBS schedule holds through November, “Jericho” will likely return in January.

Last night at the “Jericho” DVD release party at Crimson nightclub in Hollywood, “Jericho” executive producer Carol Barbee said she hopes the show will return soon. The producers and the network are conscious of making fans wait too long to resolve last May’s cliffhanger after watching the precarious ratings drops endured by serialized shows that took long hiatuses last winter.

“There’s definite concern [about viewer interest waning], which is why we hope to get on the air as soon as possible,” she says.

The unique seven-episode “Jericho” order was prompted by fan outrage when CBS moved to cancel the struggling series. “Jericho” ended on a tantalizing cliffhanger, with the show’s heroes on the brink of war with neighboring town New Bern. A fan campaign that included sending tens of thousands of pounds of peanuts to CBS famously helped sway network executives to give the show another shot.

Behind the scenes, sources say some competitive leverage was applied as well. While CBS was on the fence, “Jericho” producers met with the Sci Fi Channel, which expressed interest in picking up the series as a potential companion and successor for “Battlestar Galactica.” CBS renewed “Jericho” shortly after, though network sources say any cable network interest had nothing to do with their decision.

The season premiere will open after the Jericho vs. New Bern war, but includes flashbacks to the battle itself. For the finale, Barbee has shot multiple endings this time to ensure fans are not left in cliffhanger lurch should CBS axe the show. There’s also nothing scripted in the finale like last season’s never-surrender “nuts” battle cry that might haunt CBS executives.
“They sort of they let us get away with the cliffhanger last time,” Barbee says. “We joked that have to get another food product in new finale. CBS probably combed through the script looking for anything that fans could send to them.”

Regardless of which ending is used, she says the short season will satisfy fans.

“We have a story broken so it tells a complete story,” she says. “By episode seven you are going to be very satisfied. We packed an entire 22-episode season into seven shows, there’s a lot of mythology answered.”

Though Barbee wouldn’t comment on any past or future cable network interest, she wouldn’t rule out shopping around the series if CBS doesn’t renew the show.

“There’s still going to be a lot more story to tell,” Barbee says. “If the fans keep it up, we’ll tell it somewhere.”
James Hibberd - CBS’s ‘Jericho’ Could Return Next Month—Or Next Year - TVWeek - Blogs
Old 10-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok, so most likely it's gonna be January. Maybe sooner, if CBS cancles some other show.
Ok, that didn't really tell us a lot, but it was still interesting to read.
Now we can think about that there's a possibility for another network to pick ub the show for a third season if CBS cancles it again.

We're just gonna have to wait and see.

Thanks for posting that article.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:30 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for the article.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:36 PM
Master Fan

Interesting. Well, as long as Jericho airs, I don't mind waiting between seasons.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the article!!

I would rather sooner, then later. But i could also wait til Jan.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that article, I'm also hoping for sooner than later.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:27 AM
Elite Fan

Me too... and I hope they reair some of the critical episodes prior to the new eps too....
Old 10-18-2007, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Off Topic

Here's a similar article I found, too

Slightly spoilerish in the last paragraph

Quote:
Jericho has wrapped up filming of it's “experimental” seven-episode second season and depending on how this year's crop of fall debuting shows performs, the flailing series may either return as early as next month or as late as January next year. If anyone of CBS' first year programs this year, namely, Cane, Moonlight, Kid Nation and Viva Laughlin get prematurely yanked off the air due to poor showing, an hour-long time slot could suddenly pave the way for an early Jericho return.

For Jericho executives, the time consideration is becoming an increasingly urgent concern, as Jericho needs as much momentum as it can muster going into its dry-run season. The fate of the series rests heavily on viewer support, with CBS possibly quick on the draw to give the show ultimate finality should it fail to rack up sufficient numbers.

“There's definite concern [about viewer interest waning], which is why we hope to get on the air as soon as possible,” Carol Barbee, executive producer on Jericho, said Wednesday during the show's first season DVD release party held at Crimson nightclub in Hollywood.

As early as now, even with Jericho still waiting in the wings for its scheduled airdate, Barbee has already covered her bases with two possible endings for the series, in the event that CBS once again suddenly decides to cancel them like it did last season.

"The ending that we planned was always meant to be a payoff for the seven-episode arc," Barbee pointed out. "It won't close off the whole story but it will show you where we would go in a third season. [If the show isn't renewed,] it gives you a huge mythology so that you understand so much about what has happened. We have a story broken so it tells a complete story. By episode seven you are going to be very satisfied. We packed an entire 22-episode season into seven shows, there's a lot of mythology answered.”
'Jericho' Airdate Still Uncertain Even as Producer Braces for Network Axe with Alternative Endings