Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2020, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane (View Post)
I just watched it! WOW! The way she blurted it out to her husband, she's so gross. I think the only reason she even admitted to it was because the other teacher threatened to say something. I don't know how her husband can even think to stay with her. She ruined a decade of marriage for what? And then she's home in bed crying and suffering over a little boy, that's sick! I am so glad the other teacher said something! I can't wait for her to go to jail, she's disgusting.

Eric's friends are so much smarter than him, he just continued to make excuses for his behavior. I knew Claire would go see Eric, but talk about someone not learning their lesson smh! How could she even entertain running away with a kid after everything? Claire definitely used her power and influence to groom Eric into having an affair, but I don't know if I necessarily feel bad for him. He understands right from wrong, which is why he went back home.
Oh, well, yeah. I don't necessarily feel bad for him because he obviously knew that what he was doing wasn't right, no matter how much he & Claire said they loved each other... It just broke my heart when he came home and hugged his mom and crying on his bed, it was showing you that he was still just a little boy who needs his mama and he's finally coming to terms/the realization that he had been sexually abused, even if it was consensual. The preview for next week looks like it shows him off at college, so there's a time jump, I'm assuming, but it's still affecting him, obviously. We'll see where the next episode picks up!

Totally random question, but how they heck did he get back home from the hotel?

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 12-05-2020, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn the Ships (View Post)
Oh, well, yeah. I don't necessarily feel bad for him because he obviously knew that what he was doing wasn't right, no matter how much he & Claire said they loved each other... It just broke my heart when he came home and hugged his mom and crying on his bed, it was showing you that he was still just a little boy who needs his mama and he's finally coming to terms/the realization that he had been sexually abused, even if it was consensual. The preview for next week looks like it shows him off at college, so there's a time jump, I'm assuming, but it's still affecting him, obviously. We'll see where the next episode picks up!

Totally random question, but how they heck did he get back home from the hotel?
I think he’ll be ok if he goes to therapy or gets some type of help to understand what happened to him. There has to be a lot of confusion he’s dealing with because he probably doesn’t know he was being used. I wonder if we’ll get any scenes showing his mother confronting Claire or showing how her friends/colleagues respond to her. I didn’t see the preview for the next episode but I feel like his experience with Claire could go two ways: He becomes promiscuous at college and starts being reckless or he becomes depressed and withdrawn. I think the only way he will fully thrive after this experience is by getting help.

Maybe they weren’t that far away and he walked? Or maybe he had money and took a cab.
a meaningful, sane existence
Old 12-05-2020, 10:03 AM
I am a basketball genius!

How old is he?
Old 12-05-2020, 10:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks for that and that show look good to me..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 12-05-2020, 10:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
How old is he?
18 now but he was 17 when the affair started.
Old 12-05-2020, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

I also watch A Teacher. It's interesting. Claire is an idiot, I cant believe she told her coworker! So dumb.

Quote:
How much have you watched so far?
I finished! It was so good but so short. Glad to hear they are filming.
Old 12-05-2020, 05:36 PM

It doesn't seem realistic.
Old 12-05-2020, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I also watch A Teacher. It's interesting. Claire is an idiot, I cant believe she told her coworker! So dumb.
The alcohol and the fact that the other teacher was excited about her cheating made her slip up. I feel like Claire is very manipulative. As soon as the other teacher said she would tell, Claire is like “you made me tell you.” Also, I think she pretended to feel remorseful in front of her husband just so he could forgive her. Then as soon as he did, she went looking for Eric.

Quote:
It doesn't seem realistic.
Maybe not to you but situations like the one depicted on the show have happened in real life many times.
Old 12-05-2020, 07:21 PM

What's the most realistic thing that Claire has done since she cheated do you think?
Old 12-05-2020, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
What's the most realistic thing that Claire has done since she cheated do you think?
Just in general or with Eric? I have heard reports of teachers who run away with their students, it isn't uncommon. Claire is a mess, she's using a kid to make herself feel in control because her life is falling apart. That's pretty realistic to me.
Old 12-05-2020, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I dont think its unrealistic either. I mean, teachers do have affairs with students.. its been in the news lol. There are probably more than we ever know about too.
Old 12-06-2020, 12:19 AM

They do, but how those affairs happen can be different, such as with Vili Fualaau & Mary Kay Letourneau. In this case she's apparently "grooming" him. Now also Claire is young too, so she went through college & all the hard work to become a teacher to just throw it away so early. That's odd in itself I think. 17 is not 18, but that does bring up the question why not wait until he's 18 or out of high school to be with him?
Old 12-06-2020, 06:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don’t think Claire is in love with Eric (even though she says she is) so why would she wait until he’s of legal age? She’s not thinking about her career because in her mind she actually thought she’d get away with it. Now we will see the consequences of her actions.
Old 12-06-2020, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I don’t think it’s unrealistic at all. And why does it matter if she should just wait until he’s 18? Whether she’s his teacher, or just another adult, it was still wrong, whether he was 18 or not. She still had an affair, and that’s something that bothered me about the teacher friend, is that Claire having an affair was OK when she thought it was an adult, but the minute she found out it was one of her students, the affair became wrong? It was wrong whether it was with a student or another adult. I’m glad Kathryn reported Claire, but if it hadn’t been with a student, would she have just kept going along with Claire’s affair and encourage her cheating on her husband?

Claire is mentally ill. She wasn’t thinking of it “being thrown away” when she started the affair. She honestly probably thought they would never get caught.

I’m wondering if Eric, or someone else, will visit her while she’s in jail. I know victims who have to confront their abusers in order to move on, which I wonder is something maybe Eric would do...

Quote:
Maybe they weren’t that far away and he walked? Or maybe he had money and took a cab.
Could be, or I thought maybe he ended up calling one of his friends to come pick him up? Would they have done so? Also, Myra, I’m gonna send you a PM.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 12-06-2020, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've been seeing a lot of comments about Eric being 18 now so it isn't illegal anymore but like, how does his age change the power dynamic that Claire abused? She manipulated a boy into having sex with her and that is the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn the Ships (View Post)
I’m glad Kathryn reported Claire, but if it hadn’t been with a student, would she have just kept going along with Claire’s affair and encourage her cheating on her husband?
She would have encouraged the affair just like she was doing before she found out who Claire was sleeping with. I don't care how old either party is, cheating is wrong.

Quote:
Claire is mentally ill. She wasn’t thinking of it “being thrown away” when she started the affair. She honestly probably thought they would never get caught.
She does dangerous things for the thrill it gives her just like she stole the lipstick in the first episode simply because she could.

Quote:
I’m wondering if Eric, or someone else, will visit her while she’s in jail. I know victims who have to confront their abusers in order to move on, which I wonder is something maybe Eric would do...
I didn't think of this but maybe he will. They'll definitely be reunited at court.

Quote:
Could be, or I thought maybe he ended up calling one of his friends to come pick him up? Would they have done so?
I think his friends are good people so I can see them helping him out if he asked.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top