Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2015, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think I viewed it as rape either. I think that's taking it a tad too far. Age has nothing to do with it, it's about consent. If he's almost legally of age and is all for it, it's nothing like rape. Loads of 16 year olds are having sex, doesn't mean they're being raped by 17 year old...
Old 03-28-2015, 05:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
I don't think I viewed it as rape either. I think that's taking it a tad too far. Age has nothing to do with it, it's about consent. If he's almost legally of age and is all for it, it's nothing like rape. Loads of 16 year olds are having sex, doesn't mean they're being raped by 17 year old...
It's not just a matter of age. It is a matter of consent. He was wasted and in a bad emotional state. Dani preyed upon that. Again if it was Mariana or Callie... the same night drunk and confused... Mike (only adult male I know in the show) came along and they had sex. Everyone would be ok with that?
Old 03-28-2015, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

You just contradicted yourself. I literally just said it is to do with consent.

No one said that, evidently if Mike forced himself on the girls they wouldn't give permission and that is rape. That never happened with brandon. It was NOT rape with Brandon.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
You just contradicted yourself. I literally just said it is to do with consent.

No one said that, evidently if Mike forced himself on the girls they wouldn't give permission and that is rape. That never happened with brandon. It was NOT rape with Brandon.
Ok, so what you are saying is that even if drunk.. and not in the right state of mind.. it is not rape? No one in my scenario said anything about Mike forcing anyone. Just that they were drunk like Brandon was and in an confusing emotional state just like he was. Your saying that if Marina drunk or Callie said let's have sex and Mike did it would not be rape?
Old 03-28-2015, 07:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

OT did we ever decide on a name for the new thread? We are officially close now (after my false alarm 100 post ago)...lol!

May I put forth some options?
"Sometimes you gotta stick around long enough for your luck to find you.”
"DNA doesn't make a family, love does."
"There's nothing wrong with being different."

Watching: Longmire Season 4...YES!
Old 03-28-2015, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

^All three works for me.

Me and my wild boy
-----and all of this wild joy
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 03-28-2015, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

No because Brandon stated that he wasn't forced and Steph forced the idea into his head that she took advantage of him. Like you said age has nothing to do with so no she didn't take advantage of him. It's not rape.
Old 03-28-2015, 10:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
No because Brandon stated that he wasn't forced and Steph forced the idea into his head that she took advantage of him. Like you said age has nothing to do with so no she didn't take advantage of him. It's not rape.
Again I will ask so what you are saying is that being drunk means nothing. If it Callie or Mariana were drunk and slept with a man Dani's age that would be ok with you? Not rape then...being drunk doesn't matter in your mind.
Old 03-28-2015, 11:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject (View Post)
Again I will ask so what you are saying is that being drunk means nothing. If it Callie or Mariana were drunk and slept with a man Dani's age that would be ok with you? Not rape then...being drunk doesn't matter in your mind.
If Callie or Mariana slept with some older guy (or any guy for that matter) and they were intoxicated but was into the sex, as in it was consensual, no it would not be rape. If they, Callie or Mariana, didn't think what happened was illegal then neither would I or the law (disregarding the age issue as that varies from state to state and country to country).

Also Brandon wasn't stupid drunk, he was intoxicated. We are taking about a state where he is able to perform the act of sex. He might not be thinking clearly but no one does when under the influence.

Last edited by Fogh; 03-28-2015 at 11:50 AM
Old 03-28-2015, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Then they have sex together..she doesn't say no or refuse it in any way.
i mean, it would be statutory rape yes. because of her being underage, but that is the only reason. it wouldn't be rape in the sense that it was against her will which i think is completely different.

in either case, its not okay. of course its not okay.

and i don't think that dani raped brandon either. the fact that he was drunk i don't think would have changed the situation. its not like ehe was drunk to the point where he didnt know what he wa doing or was forced to be sexual with her without really understanding. I've been drunk plenty of times and i know full well what i am doing and if i don't want to have sex with someone i tell them no and brandon clearly did not do that.

i think dani is gross for sleeping with a underage kid, but she didnt rape him imo.

i like the 2nd title best and i can start if we need it.
Old 03-29-2015, 03:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogh (View Post)
If Callie or Mariana slept with some older guy (or any guy for that matter) and they were intoxicated but was into the sex, as in it was consensual, no it would not be rape. If they, Callie or Mariana, didn't think what happened was illegal then neither would I or the law (disregarding the age issue as that varies from state to state and country to country).

Also Brandon wasn't stupid drunk, he was intoxicated. We are taking about a state where he is able to perform the act of sex. He might not be thinking clearly but no one does when under the influence.
Amen to this
Old 03-29-2015, 04:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah this season I haven't been a fan of Jesus compared to s1

do we know why he is leaving?

I feel so high school
every time I look at you
{}
Old 03-29-2015, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jesus was much better in season 1
Old 03-29-2015, 05:04 AM
Dedicated Fan

I made a new thread guys! http://www.fanforum.com/f40/fosters-.../#post80820318

It was my first time making a thread so I borrowed heavily from how this thread started, so I hope I didn't do anything wrong!

And ahhh, tell me a lie, I just saw that you offered to start the new thread and didn't like the title I chose! Sorry! I should read more carefully next time. :/ I just got excited.

Watching: Longmire Season 4...YES!

Last edited by Kassiek; 03-29-2015 at 05:19 AM
Old 03-29-2015, 05:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you