<<< A P P R E C I A T I O N >>>
Supporters;
KeepThisaSecret
Eclarexdelena

xXx

Last edited by KeepThisaSecret; 05-02-2014 at 10:03 PM
Old 04-28-2014, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for starting. I watched, it was cute.

We'll see where it goes.

I'm not sure I feel much chemistry between the girls but I do like the blond.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Add me.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

This is a cute show.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like Amy WAY more than Karma. Liam is annoying and kind of gross.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 05-03-2014, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Agree, Amy is more likable. IMO she's prettier too.

The guy is gross and agree he's a jerk
Old 05-03-2014, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)
Agree, Amy is more likable. IMO she's prettier too.

The guy is gross and agree he's a jerk
Old 05-04-2014, 03:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

MTV is already known for possibly the most infamous depiction of lesbianism in contemporary American television with the US version of Skins. Heck even their Real World franchise has shown itself capable of marginalizing their rare lesbian roommates (ex. Sam, Arielle). So it was certainly a bit scary how badly this could go.

So it is welcome that this show is not as offensive or unwatchable as it could have been considering the commercials and the seemingly unforgiveable premise. However the show has a glaring, gigantic problem already.

There tends to be a slight lopsidedness to love triangles. However lets examine this. Typically you have two people falling for the same character. In this case, that character is Karma. You then have the two characters that are both focused on the same person. In that case, there is Liam and Amy. This usually results in two factions - one for each suitor. And there tends to be an edge for one faction. For example, Dawson and Pacey both like Joey and after awhile Pacey took the edge for most fans.

But there are two immense problems here. One is that Karma, the object of interest, is not worthy of such desire. So we spend our time going why would anyone want to be with her.

The other problem is far bigger. The rooting interest is a no brainer. It is not a matter of an edge. It is a matter of no contest. Liam comes across as thoroughly detestable. He comes across as malignant almost sending chills through the spine. He is so vile that any redemption for him would seem bogus. Here is a man who believes two women are together so he immediately decides he has to **** one of them. He gets off on it. He lives for it. To think that such a guy, a lowlife who not only believes in cheating but wishes to make sure to conquer lesbianism, is going to believably change into a worthwhile human being is way too ridiculous (MTV will no doubt have him do sacrificial things but it can only seem phony and pandering). That would make the Degrassi change of hearts look believable by contrast. Besides preteens going he's so dreamy, who in the world would root for this scum of the earth. Consider this recent review for The New York Obsever in which the critic cannot contain her contempt for the very being of Liam calling him a "douche-bag" and a "creep".

‘Faking It’ GIF-Cap: The Big Gay-La | New York Observer

What makes it even more egregious in it's lopsidedness is his rival, Amy, is simply loveable. She is sweet, insecure, hopeful, and conflicted in a way so many teens are. She is endearing. We may not care for Karma and go Amy can do much better. However if Amy wants to be with Karma, we don't want Amy's heart broken. She is the character who the audience immediately sides with - so much so that even though Karma is not really with Amy, it still feels loathsome that Karma makes out with Liam - as if she is betraying Amy.

This may be the most lopsided love triangle on tv in recent memory. Now the question is how does the show survive that. It is clear Liam is designed for it's primary audience - straight teenage girls. But the show dies when he is onscreen. This show has a chance but it's pandering to kids only concerned with hot looks makes for a show that fluctuates between the unwatchable (anytime Liam is onscreen) with the very watchable (Amy).

Also nice to see Bailey Buntain back on tv even if she is more a stereotype than an actual character at this point.

Last edited by Inesal; 05-04-2014 at 03:48 PM
Old 05-04-2014, 08:49 PM
Loyal Fan

I think I'm the only one who doesn't like Amy...

I don't mind Liam. I think he is stupid but I don't think he is gross.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

He's kinda gross but he's not the worst.

I don't think the show wants us to root for him though, ultimately I think it's about Amy and karma.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't mind any of the characters really.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ep was good, I love seeing Amy's realization of feelings. That last scene with the guy friend was really sweet, I'm loving their friendship.

Liam is just gross to me lol.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramylover01 (View Post)
I think I'm the only one who doesn't like Amy...

I don't mind Liam. I think he is stupid but I don't think he is gross.
Same here.

I'm just a bit meh about Amy and I don't mind Liam that much.
Definitely not shipping Amy/Karma.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I admit, when I first saw the trailer for this show, I thought it was gonna be cheesy and a little stupid. But then I actually watched it, and it's pretty awesome. The original trailers did not do it justice.

Old 05-07-2014, 11:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like Amy more than Karma. Karma is not a good friend. And is the whole premise/season going to be Karma trying to get flop Liam to like her?

I do think Liam is gross. Karma said she liked him because he has integrity. Really? This is a dude that going after a girl he knows/thinks is a lesbian just so he can say he slept with a lesbian. What integrity?

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top