Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2012, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Drop Dead Diva #2 - Sometimes life throws you curves.

"Drop Dead Diva" is Lifetime's spirited new comedic drama series that puts a uniquely compelling twist on the age-old battle between brains and beauty.

The show tells the story of a beautiful-but-vapid model wannabe, Deb, who has a fatal car accident and suddenly finds herself in front of Heaven's gatekeeper, Fred, who declares her a self-centered "zero." Outraged, Deb attempts to persuade Fred to return her to her shallow existence but is accidentally relegated to the body of the recently deceased Jane Bingum (Brooke Elliott). A brilliant, thoughtful and plus-size attorney with a loyal assistant (Margaret Cho), Jane has always lived in the shadow of her more comely colleagues, whereas Deb has always relied on her external beauty. Now, by a twist of fate and a bolt of divine intervention, Deb must come to terms with inhabiting Jane’s plus-size frame in the ultimate showdown between brains and beauty.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

tftnt!
Old 08-28-2012, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread! I'm so sad there's only one episode left. =/

keep the starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

OMG you guys the promo SO READY FOR THIS!

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
holding my heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Master Fan

How's the season going? I can't believe I haven't followed it at all. Maybe because I think this will be Grayson and Jane getting together and me no want

Oh... I just saw the promo for the finale. I haven't watched this season so I don't know if Grayson grew up but he was just so shallow and aloof that I can't root for them to be together even though I know they are the show's OTP. I'll marathon all the episodes soon and maybe my opinion will change. But I've been rooting against them since the end of season 1. lol.
The Lord is my shepherd.

Last edited by Chiqa; 09-04-2012 at 10:05 PM
Chiqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The finale was quite puzzling, tbh. It's really something in the last like five minutes that set up the next season
{EphramAmy}
patricia
break the window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:16 PM
Elite Fan

I have become a big fan of this show and it makes me so sad that it is in danger of being canceled. I think this show deserves to be renewed for at least one more season and that fans deserve a proper ending.

If there are any Drop Dead Diva fans here who are interested in trying to help save this show, please help! I know there have been many instances in the past where fan support has helped saved a show and kept it on the air longer. (Roswell for example)

So I am hoping we can get together enough fans to make an impact on Lifetime, and get them to renew the show for a 5th season. We should make comments on facebook, Twitter and the Drop Dead Diva Lifetime site asking for a 5th season/renewal.

http://www.facebook.com/dropdeaddiva?ref=stream

http://www.facebook.com/lifetime?fref=ts

https://twitter.com/DropDeadDiva

https://twitter.com/lifetimetv

Drop Dead Diva Season 4 Official Site - myLifetime.com

I read how back in the day fans of Roswell sent in bottles of hot sauce to help save the show and I was thinking we could do something like that. Send in letters of support with bottles of "Ironic Taffy" Jane/Deb's favorite lucky nail polish. I don't think Ironic Taffy actually exist so we could just find a nail polish that looks like it and make our own Ironic Taffy labels and put them on it. That is just one idea, if anyone has any other ideas please feel free to contribute!

There are three offices for Lifetime:

NEW YORK
235 45th Street
New York, NY 10017
(212) 424-7000

LOS ANGELES
2049 Century Park East
Suite 840
Los Angeles, CA 90067
(310) 556-7500

CHICAGO
444 North Michigan Ave.
Suite 3270
Chicago, IL 60611
(312) 464-1991

I'm not sure which is the main office but I think we should send in letters of support to each other them. I also created a petition:

Petition Renew Drop Dead Diva

has always had an amazing way of bringing people together and even creating great friendships. That's why I decided to post about this here. I really hope we can help save this show

It really sucks when you get into a show and this happens. I at least want just one more season, I think fans of the show deserve it to tie up loose ends and give us a proper ending.

Last edited by Nonna; 01-06-2013 at 10:25 PM
Nonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

they cannot cancel a series after that season finale they gave us! NO!
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-07-2013, 08:34 AM
Elite Fan

That's what I have been saying! It's not fair. Fans at least deserve an ending. A 5th season to tie up loose ends and give a proper ending!

We need to help save this show. Post on facebook, twitter, and Lifetime's site. And I think we should send in letters and blue bottles of nail polish too.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

wow that's weird because it has good ratings.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Elite Fan

I know! It's got a loyal fanbase too! But Josh Berman confirmed that they haven't made a decision and that the show is in danger. So this next week is crucial. Is anyone interested in helping brainstorm ideas for saving this show?
Old 01-08-2013, 01:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

all the ideas i have are back when One Tree Hill was in jeopardy every season and we didn't have all the social networking that we do now
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 01-08-2013, 02:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

DDD is at verge of being cancelled? Really? Why? I didn't know I really love this little baby it's so perfect and I'm waiting for the new season & finally have Jane & Grayson

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
holding my heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Elite Fan

What was done back then Patricia? I was a bit OTH fan but I can't remember. The one thing that sticks out to me is when fans saved Roswell.

ICA Candice! That's how I feel. I fell in love with this show and got my sister hooked too and now they might cancel it. It's in danger, but the good news is they haven't decided yet. We still have a chance to save it if all the fans come together.

I just got back from the store. I bought some blue nail polish and some labels to make my own "Ironic Taffy" to send out with my letters. I was also thinking about making a video to campaign for it getting renewed.

I think fans deserve at least one more season to give us a proper ending. We stuck with this show for 4 seasons, it's not right to end it like that on us and with that cliffhanger! Plus, I have been waiting from the beginning for Jane and Grayson to finally be together. I wanna see them get their chance.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:38 PM
Elite Fan

Renew Drop Dead Diva - YouTube

We need a little over 100 signatures to have 1000!

Petition Renew Drop Dead Diva
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top