Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2015, 10:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

The next move for Michelle Dockery.

Downton Abbey's Michelle Dockery Found Her Next Role – and It's Nothing Like Lady Mary! - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

I hope that site link is reliable enough. Not like they are going to have that in the Washington Post.

On another note, I never thought the relationship with Mary and Matthew was that red hot. Check out the new Poldark and Demelza if you want to see that.

some snippets are on youtube or pbs online, if it's not on your pbs now

Last edited by mrs. g; 07-14-2015 at 08:02 PM
Old 07-14-2015, 10:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Can't remember exactly when the BAFTA's tv awards was on, it could have been May,
this award is a special one off.
Thanks for the pics Lindsay, more portraits here too....2015: San Diego Comic-Con - 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' Portraits #3 - 002 - Lily James Online / Photo Archive
I think I prefer Lily as a blonde though.

Thanks Mrs G. for the Michelle info too.

Back for a quick edit, just found this info about the special BAFTA, and happy days it will be televised on ITV.

http://www.bafta.org/press/press-rel...-downton-abbey

Last edited by carrie.suze; 07-14-2015 at 12:39 PM
Old 07-14-2015, 08:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

you're welcome, Carrie
Old 07-14-2015, 09:03 PM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs. g (View Post)

Downton Abbey's Michelle Dockery Found Her Next Role – and It's Nothing Like Lady Mary! - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

I hope that site link is reliable enough. Not like they are going to have that in the Washington Post.

On another note, I never thought the relationship with Mary and Matthew was that red hot. Check out the new Poldark and Demelza if you want to see that.

some snippets are on youtube or pbs online, if it's not on your pbs now
Thanks.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:08 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs. g (View Post)

TV Guide is pretty reliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie.suze (View Post)
Back for a quick edit, just found this info about the special BAFTA, and happy days it will be televised on ITV.

BAFTA to Honour Downton Abbey with Tribute and Special Award | BAFTA
Thanks for this! So glad it will be televised but I won't be able to watch it (live) since I'm not from the UK.

Another BTS.

Spoiler:

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 07-15-2015, 10:12 AM
Extreme Fan

I hope you'll be able to see the BAFTA special somewhere Lindsay, chances are it'll be available online.

Thanks for the BTS info
Old 07-15-2015, 11:12 AM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
TV Guide is pretty reliable.

Thanks for this! So glad it will be televised but I won't be able to watch it (live) since I'm not from the UK.

Another BTS.

Spoiler:
Thanks.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:15 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
I hope you'll be able to see the BAFTA special somewhere Lindsay, chances are it'll be available online.
If not available online right away, please let me know what happened on this thread.

Some more BTS here.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:28 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
If not available online right away, please let me know what happened on this thread.

Some more BTS here.

Aww Lindsay, of course I will, and there's sure to be lots of pics of the event too.

Thanks for the link sweetie.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Emmy nominations for 2015 have been announced, Downton is in there of course, for best drama, and noms for Joanne and Jim Carter, all the lists here........

Emmy nominations 2015: Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey and Better Call Saul | TV & Radio | Entertainment | Daily Express
Old 07-16-2015, 11:13 AM
Elite Fan

Very surprised Maggie Smith wasn't nominated. The Emmys are obsessed with her. Love her role, of course, but it's nice to see some new blood.
Old 07-16-2015, 02:37 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the links!

Aww Downton Abbey actor Jim Carter 'thrilled' by Emmy nomination
Old 07-16-2015, 08:21 PM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Emmy nominations for 2015 have been announced, Downton is in there of course, for best drama, and noms for Joanne and Jim Carter, all the lists here........

Emmy nominations 2015: Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey and Better Call Saul | TV & Radio | Entertainment | Daily Express
Thanks.
Old 07-17-2015, 12:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
Very surprised Maggie Smith wasn't nominated. The Emmys are obsessed with her. Love her role, of course, but it's nice to see some new blood.
I was surprised too, especially because in season 5 Maggie had a more complex storyline than in previous seasons. TBH, I think she deserved a nomination more than Joanne (who totally deserved it for the rape storyline in season 4).
That said, I'm very glad for Joanne - she seems very nice and I hope all those nominations and awards can help her career. Also Maggie has already won an Emmy (or two?) for the role of Violet so as you say it's nice to see some new blood.

I'm also glad for Jim Carter who keeps getting nominated year after year....
Old 07-17-2015, 12:33 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks Vicki for that link. I'm so thrilled for Jim. He deserves a nomination for this role.

Quote:

Thanks for this. I'm not that surprised the show is nominated since the Emmys seem to love them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtneybangelcakes (View Post)
I was very surprised too. I think this is the first year she hasn't been nominated.

New TV project for Brendan Coyle.

And here's Joanne's reaction.

Also some more BTS of the cast shooting for S6 under the cut.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top