Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2006, 02:19 PM
Banned

Day Break

Day Break is a new tv show on ABC that is going to take Lost's timeslot for a while. Some people will probably label Day Break as the show that stole Lost's timeslot. From the previews I've seen of Day Break, it looks really interesting. It's basically a mixture of 24 and Groundhog Day.

Here is a premise of Day Break from TV.com
Detective Brett Hopper is having a really bad day, accused of killing Asst. DA Alberto Garza. He has an alibi, but no one believes him. When he realizes that he has been framed, he tries to run away but has to stop when he learns that his loved ones are also in danger. But one morning, he wakes up and relives the same day over and over again. To stop this cycle, solve the mystery and have a normal life, he must find out who framed him.

Taye Diggs is the main star. Adam Baldwin of Serenity/Firefly is in it too.

ABC is going to show the first two episodes on November 15 starting at 8pm cst.

I think people should give Taye Diggs and this show a chance.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for starting this thread. I'll get it edited into our thread guide.

I'm not necessarily upset about taking Lost's time slot. Seems to be a trend .... trying new shows in a good time slot, by putting that old good show on hiatus with a "Fall Break", then returning it to it's timeslot later. And if the "new show" works, moving it to a new time.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Banned

I'm not sure if I'll be able to watch this show yet. Since Medium is coming back during the same time slot on the 15th.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:48 PM
Banned

I think Lost may benefit from the long hiatus. Lost's ratings have taken a hit this season mainly because of Criminal Minds' surge. Lost fans will probably be mad that their show won't be on until February but when it comes back, there will be nonstop new episodes until the season finale.

I haven't seen the first episode of Day Break but it's easy to say that Detective Brett Hopper has the worst luck out of any tv character right now. I know that Jack Bauer has horrible bad days in which he has to save America from terrorists but he doesn't live the same day over and over again like Taye Diggs does in Day Break.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Moderator Support Team

It looks like an interesting show. I plan to check out the pilot.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:44 PM
Elite Fan

I seriously can't wait for this!! I've been hearing about it for ages and I just want to sit in front on my tv and let it wash over me. Ah, television rocks. And SO does Taye Diggs.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

Taye Diggs is teriffic!!
Old 11-11-2006, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm excited for it...and Taye Diggs...enough said!
Old 11-14-2006, 07:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

Did you all see that there is a clip of the first act is up on ABC's website?! I actually saw it and it is really good!! I am excited to see the entire thing tomorrow night!!
Old 11-15-2006, 03:59 PM
Banned

I just hope the scene where Taye Diggs is shooting the two guns in slow motion is tonight's episodes. I wonder if Lost fans will tune in. I heard that ABC will show 30 second teasers for upcoming Lost epsidoes during Day Break episodes.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I really liked it...Taye Diggs and Moon Bloodgood make one smokin' hot couple as Brett/Rita!
Old 11-16-2006, 02:27 PM
Banned

I liked it too. It had a lot of action which really made it interesting to me. I just hope this show stays as an action drama. No disrespect to 24 and Jack Bauer, but I would have to say now that the character Brett Hopper has it pretty bad. He has to make sure all these bad things don't happen in one day and if he makes just 1 mistake then everything goes wrong. I just wonder if the whole thing is just in Brett's head. I'm still a little confused about the guys that take him at night and tie him up and inject him with a sedative.
This show really does mix 24 and Groundhog Day. However, there is one thing that I saw that's not like Groundhog Day. Brett Hopper's gunshot wound didn't heal when he started the day over again. I figured wounds would heal because if you lived the day over again, then you wouldn't have the scar,gash, or wound.

I'm not liking Adam Baldwin's character. It looks like he has a grudge against Hopper. And I think Hopper should be careful about trusting his partner.

I hope ABC and viewers give this show a chance.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:46 PM
Elite Fan

I had to record it and I watched this morning..... I was sooo into this!!

I hope it has its complete runs because I can't wait to see how Brett deals with this and makes adjustments. Waking up in a pool of blood was a hard awakening because he needs to stay out of harm's way in order to fix the day. It's not like he gets to erase his wounds.

BTW, if someday I wake up at 6:18am I'll be seriously freaked out!
Old 11-16-2006, 04:10 PM
Banned

In Groundhog Day, Bill Murray was allowed to erase his injuries or even his death. I guess if Brett gets hurt, the wounds won't become erased. If only he hadn't been shot, then he could have kept his girlfriend alive and take her to the police department and get her to tell the truth and say she was with him during the night. Then again that would be too easy. Taye Diggs is perfect for this role. He just really fits this character.

So I'm guessing that Day Break will just be a one season show?
Old 11-16-2006, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Penn Badgley

That was some great 2 hours. It felt like I was watching a movie. Non stop action. I really loved it. Too bad the ratings weren't that high.