Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2006, 08:15 PM
Total Fan

Brothers and Sisters

I looked under the Master List and I know there is already a thread but it keeps saying it's not found.

I saw the last few pieces and it seems like it's going to be a pretty good show. I like all the actors in it except Calista...i'm not a huge fan

Old 09-24-2006, 09:11 PM
Extreme Fan

I only saw the very end when the father is falling into the swimming pool but right then I think that was enough to draw me in because I got this overwhelming amount of sympathy when his sons were jumping in the water to save him. I will be tuning in next week to see this show.
Jason & Robin
Old 09-25-2006, 06:42 AM
Elite Fan

I watched too last night and thought it was pretty good. I'm confused about the men on the show...which and sons and which are son-in-laws? They all look alike. I was shocked at the end when the dad died. I thought he would be a permanent character.

GO MISSOURI TIGERS ! !
Old 09-25-2006, 06:46 AM
Addicted Fan

^^ There's only one son-in-law excluding Calista's character's snooty boyfriend.

I watched it and rather enjoyed it. The dad dying came from a shock, but wasn't that like part of the show's premise. That the family's patriarch dies and the kids band together or something. Eh, I forget.

Jesse St. James ♥ Rachel Berry
Holli → twitterljfic
Old 09-25-2006, 09:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinarolp (View Post)
^^ There's only one son-in-law excluding Calista's character's snooty boyfriend.

I watched it and rather enjoyed it. The dad dying came from a shock, but wasn't that like part of the show's premise. That the family's patriarch dies and the kids band together or something. Eh, I forget.
The actor who played the snooty boyfriend looked familiar. Does anyone know who that actor is?

I guess I didn't realize the dad dieing was part of the premise. I thought it was Kitty moving back to LA from NY.

GO MISSOURI TIGERS ! !
Old 09-25-2006, 09:33 AM
Addicted Fan

That was Matthew Settle from I Still Know What You Did Last Summer and some other stuff that I just don't remember.

Jesse St. James ♥ Rachel Berry
Holli → twitterljfic
Old 09-25-2006, 09:48 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cls21c (View Post)
I'm confused about the men on the show...which and sons and which are son-in-laws? They all look alike.

I thought that about all the guys too! They could have lightened SOMEONE'S hair or something to make it easy for us I couldn't place Justin but I see on imdb.com that he played Aaron on Reunion. Duh!

I guess I expected a little more from the show with all the promotion. The stuff about Tom Skerritt losing money from his business and dying in the end seemed kind of like overdone plot points. Also, Tom Skerritt is always going to be the creepy dad in "Poison Ivy to me.

I mean, it was really sad with the family rushing in to get to their dad but we didn't know enough about the dad (especially that was good about him) to care too terribly much. You got the gist that they all loved him of course but...I don't know. I'll probably give it one more episode. I wanted to like it but it felt kind of bland.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:55 AM
Moderator Support Team

I actually didn't expect much with all the negative stuff I had heard about re-works, etc. So, I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed the pilot and will continue to watch.

I love the actor that played Aaron on Reunion so I was happy to see him.

I like the whole cast actually.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:17 AM
Loyal Fan

I agree- I wanted to like this show but I am uncertain if I do or not. I'll give it a couple more episodes before I decide one way or another.

Even though we are unsure of how good or bad the father was, I still feel for his family, or more specifically his children. It'll be hard for them to learn who their father really was and to be disillusioned.

I actually like the whole family except for Kitty and the mother. I will admit, I am the most un-political person on this planet. I am not proud of that, but that's the way it is. So, I don't get people who let politics get in the way of their lives. And since I am so non-political (and it was really late and I was tired, so I wasn't paying 100% attention) I didn't really understand what Kitty's view point on the war was. Was she pro- was she against it, what? Either way, it did seem like an excuse the mother used to hold a grudge.

I am mostly watching this show for Balthazar Getty, quite honestly, so I hope it picks up.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Addicted Fan

i must say that i really liked the premiere episode.

i guess i'm the only who actually liked the mother/daughter thing sally and calista portrayed. i'm quite intrested in rachel's character's relationship with the ex-coworker. the song they used i think said a lot what they feel.

i don't know but i really enjoyed that pilot and really can't wait for the next. this was just a pilot to me because i love the casting, but now it has become one of my must-see.

i love the fact that every sunday i will be seeing balthazar and dave.

ratings update: for the pilot episode... "Brothers & Sisters," 10.6/17
Old 09-25-2006, 12:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Dreamwalker - that's true about all the retooling. I remember a lot of critics were nervous about this after the ABC upfronts. Still, they have continued to promote it heavily and with a good cast I just expected more...

GenL - Kitty was for the war. She is very conservative. Her dad and her lawyer brother apparently are as well. She's made a career out of her conservative views so that may be one reason why she felt so strongly about her position on the war. She's not used to holding back her views and perhaps she doesn't value or allow for a difference of opinion. Some commentators can be that way. Whereas, the mother may have been lukewarm or against the war but when it came to sending her son? She was very much against it. There has to be more to their relationship than political disagreements though...

I do think casting Sally Field as Calista's mom was a good choice. They actually kind of look alike.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinarolp (View Post)
That was Matthew Settle from I Still Know What You Did Last Summer and some other stuff that I just don't remember.
Thank you. I thought it might be him but I couldn't find a credit anywhere. He was also in Band of Brothers.

GO MISSOURI TIGERS ! !
Old 09-25-2006, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved it, best premiere of a new show yet this season! Can't wait to see it next week...
ღღღ
Old 09-25-2006, 05:09 PM
Master Fan

I really liked this show, very different from what it is usually on tv.
Plus I so love Dave in Justin's character, definetly something different I can not wait to see what happens next week
Old 09-25-2006, 05:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

Kae - You weren't the only one. I liked Kitty and the mom and their whole dynamic.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top