Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2011, 04:06 AM
Elite Fan

The Borgias #1: Because they were one of history's first crime families.

Trailer:

Showtime has released the pilot episode for free. You can view it here:

'The Borgias': Watch the first episode now before the official premiere - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

Last edited by Nothing Else Matters; 03-31-2011 at 08:59 PM
Old 03-31-2011, 08:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm glad a thread for this was started. I saw The Pilot and really enjoyed it. I like all the backstabbing, and the characters are very interesting.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:20 PM
Elite Fan

ummm SO excited about this show! I haven't watched the pilot yet but I can't wait to see it.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:52 PM
Elite Fan

The pilot was amazing. One of the best pilots I've seen. I was hooked throughout.

I'm dying for episode 3 and the show hasn't even premiered yet.

Old 03-31-2011, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think this show could easily become my new obsession.

I am trying not to ship C/L though cause it's so wrong, But where did you get your adorable icon, memory?
Old 03-31-2011, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
I think this show could easily become my new obsession.

I am trying not to ship C/L though cause it's so wrong, But where did you get your adorable icon, memory?
I tried really hard not to ship them but I hadn't seen any previews or trailers before I watched. So for the first couple of seconds in their scenes I didn't know they were related. By then I was shipping them. I can't help it, the more I see of them, the more I love them.

I got my icon from LJ. I keep on snagging them from tumblr or lj. Here is a link to some icons though:

Gif Giving's icon journal - The Borgias

lilacwine7: CLXIV - THE BORGIAS, CAMELOT, GAME OF THRONES, MERLIN (61)

- The Borgias icons

Old 03-31-2011, 06:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

They may not be the first crime family, but they were definitely in on the ground floor.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by memory91 (View Post)
I tried really hard not to ship them but I hadn't seen any previews or trailers before I watched. So for the first couple of seconds in their scenes I didn't know they were related. By then I was shipping them. I can't help it, the more I see of them, the more I love them.

I got my icon from LJ. I keep on snagging them from tumblr or lj. Here is a link to some icons though:

Gif Giving's icon journal - The Borgias

lilacwine7: CLXIV - THE BORGIAS, CAMELOT, GAME OF THRONES, MERLIN (61)

- The Borgias icons
thank you for the links.

there's so much sexual tension in their scenes. I wish they weren't related. And all the lip stares and eye sex going on...makes it difficult not to love them.
Old 03-31-2011, 08:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
They may not be the first crime family, but they were definitely in on the ground floor.
Yeah...they definitely weren't the first but I couldn't think of a title. I just went with something that was said in the promos.

Quote:
there's so much sexual tension in their scenes. I wish they weren't related. And all the lip stares and eye sex going on...makes it difficult not to love them.
It's very hard to ignore all the eye sex and lip stares. Plus they just have alot chemistry whether is be brotherly/sisterly or sexual.

Old 03-31-2011, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I would love to see Holiday and Francois auditions.

What was your fav scene from the Pilot?
Old 03-31-2011, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

So glad to see a thread for this show, loved the pilot!
Old 03-31-2011, 08:58 PM
Loyal Fan

I just saw the pilot and I loved it. I don't want to ship Cesare and Lucrezia but damn they have amazing chemistry. I don't think I'll be able to hold out for too much longer. I already have an icon of them so that shows my lack of resolve.
icon: skje
Old 03-31-2011, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
I would love to see Holiday and Francois auditions.

What was your fav scene from the Pilot?
I don't know, I loved everything about the pilot. There were so many moments..

Moments I loved:

The Cardinals not wanting to see the pope before he dies and then watching them try to outdo each other. That whole scene was so funny and sad. The man is dying and they are all trying to out manuever the other.

Lucrezia spying on Cesare and the girl having sex. The girl realizing that Cesare is a cleric and we immediately find out it's not something he loves or wants to be. I love how he automatically knew it was her watching them. The whole entire courtyard scene was perfection. They were playful, adorable, and there was so much sexual tension.

The scene between Rodrigo and Cesare when he's telling Cesare his duties and how he musn't fail was really great. Cesare wanting to prove to his father that he could do it. Then when he leaves he helps Juan in the fight. We see that Cesare is a better fighter. Not only is he a better fighter but he's also the one involved in the politics. He's the one really protecting his family and his father.

Great family scenes between the mother, Lucrezia, Jofre, Juan, and Cesare. I loved how when Cesare sat down...he looked at Lucrezia and it wasn't some regular look. It was this smouldering gaze. These two. Thought it was so cute when he helped his little brother.

Felt bad for their mother and when she cast aside.

The coronation scenes were so beautiful and so well done. I bet you can guess what my favorite scene was.

Seriously, these two just... I love how their conversation went from Lucrezia just asking her big brother questions and him being annoyed. To this conversation where we get to see even more how much Cesare loves Lucrezia. He went from calling her "sis" to "my love." We also get a glimpse at his posessiveness where he tells her if it's up to him she wouldn't get married.

Really liked that Cesare was there for his father after the coronation.

Excuse my monkey. Those scenes were so much fun. Cesare was on such high alert. Great scenes between him and the Assassin. The monkey analogy was so good.

Cesare is so UNF. He was so worried about his family. After saving his father he runs to go save his mom, sister, and younger brother.

Now the scene that made me really ship Lucrezia and Cesare was the exchange between Cesare and his mother. He'd die if anything happened to her.

Rodrigo making Cesare a cardinal was so BOSS!

The mother confronting Rodrigo over his other mistress. I loved that she didn't back down. Rodrigo looked alittle scared too.

Their plan to ruin the other cardinal was so devious. Sending the servants away and then killing the girl in his bed. No witnesses to back the cardinal up and he just fled.

Last edited by Nothing Else Matters; 03-31-2011 at 09:44 PM
Old 04-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Elite Fan

the chemistry between the actors who play cesare/lucrezia is just I N S A N E. Such inappropriate sibling chemistry although I know they did it on purpose, given the real life cesare/lucrezia.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Ultimate Fan

I am so excited for this show! Waiting until the TV premiere to watch the Pilot, though I'm getting rather impatient !