Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2015, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject (View Post)
I was actually a little bored with BB at first. I just kept hearing how great it was so I kept watching. With Better Call Saul I really enjoyed the pilot. I can't say whether or not watching BB made it more exciting or if it was just a good pilot.
I agree. I don't see BCS as that much different than Breaking Bad. I actually think BCS had a better first season.

But watching week-to-week, as I did Breaking Bad initially, is definitely a different experience from binging. It didn't feel as slow when I rewatched. I didn't even love the second season of Breaking Bad. I felt it was too convenient. But when I watched the show during their marathons? It doesn't feel that way much at all. It's much better.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:47 PM
Banned

Maybe binge watching is just better. You experience the show in one go. You don't have the time really to analyze anything. You kind of go with the flow and just want to see what happens next. Like it becomes your life.. you become the character you care about most.

I felt that way the first time I watched Dexter. I binged watched it.. and my mind changed. I started think like Dexter.. a little insane but I became the character. In my head. When it was over... it was over. Until the next time I had Dexter again. Don't get me wrong I didn't become homicidal or anything. Just saw things more with emotions..more logically like Dexter would.

Is that how method actors work? I mean they become the characters they act right?
Old 04-13-2015, 12:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

i actually prefer binge watching shows. much much much prefer it.

i lose a lot of interest when i watch shows slowly.

i try not to start any new shows and i actually like to watch begin shows when they are in their final seasons.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Didn't see that there was a thread for this! We've just been talking about it in the Aaron Paul board, lol. Thanks for starting the thread.

I really love the show and I can't wait to see more. I loved the BB references here and there.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)
well i binged the first 4 seasons and then i saw season 5 as it aired.
Same

Quote:
Originally Posted by tell me a lie (View Post)
bb had slow moments but to me, the pilot was one of the best episode because it was go go go for most of it (the beginning took a bit of time, but that was setting the story)

it didnt get slow imo till around season 2 but by the i was already hooked to the characters.
I thought that season 1 was great too, I loved all of the comedy of Walt and Jesse starting out together early on, as well as Walt's moral dilemma of whether to kill or not. I never understand why season 1 gets the bad rep For me the third season is when things slowed down a bit, just because there was so much domestic drama with Walt and Skyler and Walt debating over whether to get back into the meth business, so we didn't see Walt as Heisenberg until near the end of season 3
Old 04-13-2015, 01:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collins (View Post)
Didn't see that there was a thread for this! We've just been talking about it in the Aaron Paul board, lol. Thanks for starting the thread.

I really love the show and I can't wait to see more. I loved the BB references here and there.
Aww welcome here
We all adore the show. It's just epic. The writing is almost faultless. I just love the Chuck and Jimmy scenes

Well done to them Ratings: AMC’s ‘Better Call Saul’ Cable’s Top New Show of Season | Variety
Old 04-13-2015, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Vicki.

That's so awesome, thanks for posting that!
Old 04-14-2015, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

i agree about season 3, during my rewatch there were a lot of slow episodes.

and i also agree about season 1, the first three episodes in particular with them holding those two guys captive, i was on the edge of my seat waiting for what would happen.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was too. A lot of people thought the beginning of Breaking Bad was slow, but I disagree. The pilot was incredibly suspenseful on its own.
Old 04-14-2015, 03:23 PM
Banned

I guess I found it slow because we just met Walt and Jesse. So when their lives got in danger, or anything happened I was like I didn't really know enough about them to care either way. Also, I watched on a binge so I did know that they weren't going to really die at least Walt anyways.
Old 04-15-2015, 12:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

i loved them right away. i felt like walt, you sympathized for (at first) and jesse just.. omg, aaron is just perfect and he's such a likable guy, i loved jesse immediately. especially because walt thought jesse was this idiot but deep down he was a smart guy that you just wanted to do the right thing and root for, ultimately.

i didnt think they would kill jesse, because that just seemed too depressing to me, but i had a very good feeling walt would die. there was no other way to end it imo.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:24 AM
Banned

I agree with Walt, Jesse was an idiot. Mostly in the early years. He grew a lot with all the things he was forced to do and that were done to him.

Obviously I don't think that Jimmy/Saul can be compared to Walt or Jesse. It just seems with this new outlook on things. That we will be seeing a growth with his character towards the one we met on Breaking Bad. How do you think this will affect his current relationships? I am really looking forward to seeing him get a new office.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

YESS!!! Bob Odenkirk wins the Critics' Choice TV Awards Best Actor in Drama Series & Jonathan Banks wins the Critics' Choice TV Awards Best Supporting Actor in Drama Series!!!

They just keep winning, don't they?

Watch the Jonathan Banks Wins Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series Video - Critics' Choice TV Awards - A&E

And my babies Jake and Max presented the award
Old 06-11-2015, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject (View Post)
I agree with Walt, Jesse was an idiot. Mostly in the early years. He grew a lot with all the things he was forced to do and that were done to him.
Yeah Jesse had a good heart, but he wasn't that smart

And congrats to Bob and Jonathan
Old 07-04-2015, 02:02 PM
Elite Fan

How is everyone finding this show?
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top