Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2017, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
"Pretty Little Liars" star Troian Bellisario takes the stage to dish on the final episodes of the beloved series. Rumor has it that fans will be getting all the answers they ever wanted, so make sure to tune in when she stops by. Troian also comes to talk about "Feed," a movie she wrote and stars in. The film revolves around Olivia and Matthew Grey, 18-year-old twins born into a world of privilege and high expectations. As the twins prepare for their last year of school together, an unexpected tragedy splits them apart, leaving the surviving sibling to learn how to live without their other half — or test how far they are willing to go to bring them back.
X

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Update on Feed -

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-21-2017, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Troian Bellisario Is Writing, Producing, and Starring in a Film About Anorexia

Even though Pretty Little Liars is coming to an end, Troian Bellisario has no plans to stop working for even a second. In a recent interview with Rotten Tomatoes, the actress explains that she started writing a film over eight years ago, before her ride with Pretty Little Liars even began, and now it’s coming to fruition. Troian is producing the film as well as acting in it. Tom Felton, best known for his portrayal of Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter film series, will be starring in the film alongside Troian.

The film, called Feed, is based on Troian’s own struggles with anorexia. “I sat down and I wrote a version of my own story. It’s not the exact events, but what I wanted to do with the film was get the audience to understand what it sounds like and what it feels like to be struggling with that illness,” Troian told Rotten Tomatoes. “I struggled with anorexia for many years and one of the most difficult things about that was it was very tough for me to explain to my family and friends why it was so hard for me to disengage with that.”

Troian has spoken publicly about the illness on several occasions. Even though she is now a survivor, working on the movie has sort of been a healing process for her. “It’s not a disease you can see, you just hear something in your head that tells you not to eat — for many, many different reasons for different people,” she told Rotten Tomatoes. “And I realized that I wouldn’t be able to fully heal until I could get people who I loved to empathize with that, to understand where I was coming from. I’m really, really proud of it. I’m very excited to share it with people.”
X

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-21-2017, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks.

So when will it be released?
t2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Leigh Tumblr
Old 04-25-2017, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 04-26-2017, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Then there is Feed, a film Bellisario wrote when she was 23 about her own experiences with an eating disorder, due out this summer. “When I was in high school, I was confronted because I had lost a lot of weight and people around me were concerned, and they said, ‘If you don’t gain weight, you aren’t going to college.’ And I was like, I can’t go from being the valedictorian of my graduating class to not going to college," she recalled. "I thought I was an utter failure, so I said, ‘No problem, I’ll eat.’ But that wasn’t the problem. The problem was I was suffering from a mental disease that is not solved by just putting on a few pounds.”

The following year, while going to school on the East Coast, she was sent home and hospitalized for the illness. “I thought it was the end of my life, but then I realized it was a whole new way to start,” she said. “Coming out of being hospitalized, the most frustrating thing to me was the people that I loved still didn’t understand my experience with the disease…So I sat down for a long while and realized that if what I feel the most comfortable doing is telling stories, then why don’t I tell a story about this? I wanted to try to put people like my father or my mother or my best friend in my shoes so that they could experience what I felt, and maybe understand.”

Due to her busy Pretty Little Liars schedule, it wasn’t until recently that the film became a reality, with Bellisario also taking on the lead role. “I really wrote this because I wanted to embody this role, even though a lot of people said, ‘That might be putting yourself in a dangerous position,’” she said. “But the good thing with the more time that passed, the more emotional distance I felt from my engagement with the illness. The tough thing is that is always alive in you and when you engage with it, that is so loud, but I am at a different point in my life.”

The actress is understandably equal parts thrilled and petrified. “It’s a film that means the world to me, but it’s also a first film,” she said. “It’s not a perfect film. I’m very nervous especially to share a darker side of myself with my fan base, who have only ever been supportive of me, but at the same time, that makes you really not want to let them down, especially when it comes to this issue that is this important. It’s terrifying.”
X

Leigh Tumblr
Old 05-08-2017, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

And we have a date -

Leigh Tumblr
Old 05-08-2017, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 05-23-2017, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

First scene from Feed (from 1:25) -

Leigh Tumblr
Old 05-29-2017, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Trailer is here -

Leigh Tumblr
Old 05-29-2017, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Why is his face familiar?
Old 05-31-2017, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He's from Harry Potter and The Flash.

X

Leigh Tumblr
Old 06-03-2017, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So my Google Now feed on my phone just suggested I might like to watch the trailer for this movie.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
“Absolutely! It’s an incredible long form of storytelling. It’s really shifted, because for a while, television was just sort of like, ‘What are they going to get up to this week?!’ But it’s always kind of the same thing. When I first saw Six Feet Under, it changed the way I looked at television. I’ve spent so much time with the Fisher family that I love them in a way that I couldn’t love even my favorite characters from movies. Only television can do that.”
X

Leigh Tumblr
Reply   Post New Thread