Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-15-2013, 03:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Then the necessary evil, The Monroe Republic, needs to come back to fight the other evil, The Patriots. What is so bad is that the Patriots are calling themselves that and hiding behind the United States of America flag? And I think some of those soldiers have no idea who they are really serving.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Art imitates Life.

But no, I wouldn't want to see the return of Monroe's militia. It was too organized and arrogant - therefore, careless. To defeat the Patriots will require all-out guerrilla warfare.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 10-15-2013, 11:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutesse (View Post)
I think the Militia was rooted in 'survival of the fittest' but as it grew in power, it became its own worst enemy. Feared, not respected. Hated, not looked to for security. Power's appetite for more power is unquenchable and merciless.

I commented about the Patriots in the S&S thread, but I'll just say here that I see the "Patriots" of Revolution being the inheritors of the 2001 -> Total Information Awareness bugboo which also used the eye-in-the-pryramid logo until conspiracy theorists freaked out about it.
I love how you explained Militia, that should be like the shows logo advertisement or something. That's exactly how they are, and the Patriots are keen to destroy them, which is where the nukes come in. Just goes to show just how powerful they were though, where the Patriots had to use Nukes to destroy their enemy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicchild (View Post)
Then the necessary evil, The Monroe Republic, needs to come back to fight the other evil, The Patriots. What is so bad is that the Patriots are calling themselves that and hiding behind the United States of America flag? And I think some of those soldiers have no idea who they are really serving.
Exactly, it's because they see the mark of once was before the black out, the flag; and the Patriots know that's they're way of luring them. Especially since majority of the soldiers were nothing more than children back during the black out, so all they have are stories from family about the Flag.

Quote:
Art imitates Life.

But no, I wouldn't want to see the return of Monroe's militia. It was too organized and arrogant - therefore, careless. To defeat the Patriots will require all-out guerrilla warfare.
^I have to agree, although Militia was the dominate before...there would be no hope for them to rise again since the Nukes had happened. The best they have now is creating a new plan, a way where they all work together and find a way to defeat the Patriots.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Art imitates Life.

I just want to see Monroe in that uniform again...
Old 10-16-2013, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Look forward to that too But at the moment I'm enjoying the civilian clothes.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:08 PM
Master Fan

Add me, please!
Old 10-17-2013, 04:15 AM
Extreme Fan

I have sort of mixed feelings about last nights ep. It was good to see Rachel actually get herself out of her own mess rather than have Miles come save her. Could have had more Charlie/Monroe, but it was good. I also thought that this was the ep were everyone was going to come together but then that's next time. And check out Aaron killing people in his sleep....
Old 10-17-2013, 04:22 PM
Elite Fan

yasss add me, pls. i'm so wanting this.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

added you both

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicchild (View Post)
I have sort of mixed feelings about last nights ep. It was good to see Rachel actually get herself out of her own mess rather than have Miles come save her. Could have had more Charlie/Monroe, but it was good. I also thought that this was the ep were everyone was going to come together but then that's next time. And check out Aaron killing people in his sleep....
that's what I loved about the episode too, I mean I did yell "omg Miles where are you" at some points but I'm so glad Rachel is healing enough to take care of herself again. I was hoping for more Charlie/Monroe scenes too, only because they're all coming together next week. I wanted at least one episode where Charlie doesn't try to run off from Monroe, but I'm just happy maybe we'll be getting more of them working together in the future.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Was it just me or when Monroe sort of paused when he said "I need..." Didn't it seem like he was going to say something else but instead said "I need you to take me to Miles and your mom."
Old 10-18-2013, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I honestly can't remember I'd have to watch the episode again, but that scene does sound familiar like I was even expecting something else
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love their dynamic like an older brother dragging his sister with him on a mission
Old 10-20-2013, 07:36 PM
Extreme Fan

I don't think of him like a brother to her, because it's not the same like with her and Danny. Monroe is just that older hot man.....
Old 10-20-2013, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I kinda wanna ship them but I love their banter no matter what

KJS♥ first American Cesar winner
Old 10-20-2013, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't see them much of a brother/sister relationship either, but I do see something about them I love.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.