Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2016, 09:38 PM
Master Fan

It's not being over sensitive, most people didn't like it. I can take Barry and Oliver doing it because it's little bro/big bro thing but not Joe. Whatever tho, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)
Old 01-07-2016, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

I think it just feels like they are talking about an Oliver who doesn't even exist anymore. He's not that person anymore. And it just seems weird while in Arrow he's trying so hard to be a better person and is a better person, he's still getting judged for who he was in the past on Flash. It just feels unnecessary. Oliver is on his journey towards being a better man and a better hero and he's come a long way, it just feels pointless for the Flash to keep pointing out who he used to be for what seems to be solely building Barry up. They shouldn't have to tear down Oliver to build Barry up. And yeah it makes sense that Joe would not agree with Oliver's earlier methods, but he's not that person anymore so it's just like why bring it up? Especially when like I said Oliver is trying so hard to be better and is better on Arrow. If this was still Arrow season 1 it might make sense but since it's not it's just weird for Flash to kind of act like Oliver is still the man he was back then. Flash should be acknowledging what the GA and his team are doing now not dwelling on who Oliver was years ago. It's not that big a deal but it feels like unnecessary jabs because Oliver just isn't that person anymore.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 01-07-2016, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Leticia

Let's just talk about something else.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:42 PM
Elite Fan

Sorry. I find it overly sensitive or maybe overly competive. Maybe that's the better word for some reason the fandom isn't happy unless it's pitting things against each other.

Flash/Arrow, Laurel/Felicity, Marc/Andrew, Ect Ect. It's annoying to me. I don't get why we can't enjoy it all.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Don't blame the fandoms. We're not doing it. It's the Flash writers.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:47 PM
Master Fan

Kate. Plus if we all enjoyed the same things it would be boring.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Old 01-07-2016, 09:48 PM
Elite Fan

^ I cannot blame the flash writers for the fandom pitting women against each other. Sorry. That's the fandom. We can be great at times. Passionate and loyal but there is a side o it I don't like and that's it. It can be petty at times.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:48 PM
Elite Fan

It's just human nature, lol. There's just going to be things each of us like and things each of don't like. And especially when you are passionate about something, those opinions are going to come out. Just the way it is. People are just not always going to agree on everything especially about tv shows, lol. But at the same time having a passionate opinion about something doesn't mean you are making it a competition, it just means you have passionate opinions.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 01-07-2016, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

We're not talking about putting woman against each other. We're talking about the Oliver insults.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:50 PM
Master Fan

I will agree that I didn't like they way Joe judged Oliver right off the bat.
"Because Felicity has allowed him to get in touch with pieces of his personality and his character that he thought were long gone. And even better, new pieces he never knew were there. So she makes him a better person, and thus he loves her."-Stephen Amell on why Oliver loves Felicity
Olicity
-Maria (icon by me)
Old 01-07-2016, 09:51 PM
Master Fan

See if the writers didn't have Joe say those things we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. Don't get me wrong I like the Flash but Oliver is my favorite character on TV right now, so of course I'm going to feel protective of him. It's just human nature.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Old 01-07-2016, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I just hate people being judgmental about Oliver. Probably why I hated Lance in S1 and have never liked Laurel.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:54 PM
Elite Fan

I agree there can be a nasty side to the fandom, just like in any fandom, but I don't think believing the Flash has taken some random shots at Oliver is that nasty side. It's just something that annoys some Arrow fans. It's not that big a deal though. And maybe we should move on. We are getting a little bit heated, lol. Like I said we are just passionate fans with passionate opinions, especially when we are protective of our fave characters.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:56 PM
Master Fan

Kate but IA we should move on.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Old 01-07-2016, 09:57 PM
Elite Fan

pitting women against each other is my giant pet peeve. So it bugs me. I lumped it in with how competitive the fandom is in regards to lots of things.

Oliver is my favorite character of both shows. I don't think he needs anyone to protect him unless it's from himself. Which is often Dig and Felicity's job. Oliver doesn't care what others say about him except for those he surrounds himself with. Had Barry sad all those things he might be hurt. However, Barry was the one who told him he survived because he had lightning him.

Joe was just taking the Quentin role of the flash. That's what it was meant to be that's how I saw it anyway. Is there as much anger over Quentins words as their is joes? Honestly curious because I don't venture to tumblr often.

When I say the fandom I also sort of lump Flash fans as well. I get along more with Arrow fans than flash for one reason or another. Mainly I feel more Flash fans are,comic purist.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread