Fan Forum Star

Totally agreed

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 05-31-2013, 02:20 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by italiangal (View Post)
I defo see them being together when season opens but the cracks will be there. How long they stay together...I don't know. But I think the scenes we got in the episode before won't be happening anytime soon
Same. I think we'll see them get pulled apart, but I do believe they'll start off S2 still together.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just hate watching the couple get pulled apart but it has to happen for it to finally work.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

And how do you think they get pulled apart??

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 05-31-2013, 02:43 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
I just hate watching the couple get pulled apart but it has to happen for it to finally work.
I guess I'm used to it, because my number one OTP has been pulled apart and brought back together consistently since S1. They were pulled apart again in the S3 finale back in May going into their final season, so I've developed an immunity to it at this point. And I already know another one of my OTPs is getting pulled apart in S2 come October, so I pretty much expect it with most of my ships now.

TVLine published an interview with Stephen on May 22 where he explained why Oliver isn't known as Green Arrow yet, which I thought was interesting since it was pretty much what I've been thinking all along. That makes me even more excited for S2 than before, because I'm really hoping to see him truly develop into Green Arrow and to see Laurel transition into Black Canary. That's when I think people will start to warm up to Laurel's character and the Oliver/Laurel relationship.
Old 05-31-2013, 02:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlover4ever (View Post)
I guess I'm used to it, because my number one OTP has been pulled apart and brought back together consistently since S1. They were pulled apart again in the S3 finale back in May going into their final season, so I've developed an immunity to it at this point. And I already know another one of my OTPs is getting pulled apart in S2 come October, so I pretty much expect it with most of my ships now.

TVLine published an interview with Stephen on May 22 where he explained why Oliver isn't known as Green Arrow yet, which I thought was interesting since it was pretty much what I've been thinking all along. That makes me even more excited for S2 than before, because I'm really hoping to see him truly develop into Green Arrow and to see Laurel transition into Black Canary. That's when I think people will start to warm up to Laurel's character and the Oliver/Laurel relationship.
"UMM!.......NHLOVER4EVER, i hate to burst your bubble here, but those other people will never warm up to Ollie & Laurel. SORRY!!!..............." D.V.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:38 PM
Total Fan

^ I have to disagree with you there. There are a lot of people who actually ship BOTH Oliver/Laurel and Oliver/Felicity, but aren't particularly crazy about Laurel's character because a) Katie wasn't given much to do in S1 and b) They feel her character was changed too much from the comics, since she hasn't transitioned into Black Canary yet; they were hoping/expecting that would happen a lot quicker than it is. Most of the anti Oliver/Laurel sentiments trace back to simply not liking Laurel's character, because they find her 'boring' right now. Hardcore Oliver/Felicity shippers will probably never warm up to Laurel or Oliver/Laurel, that's true. Just like hardcore Oliver/Laurel shippers will most likely never be okay with the idea of Oliver/Felicity turning romantic. But for those who ship both and are on the fence about it, simply giving Katie more to do and fleshing out her character could definitely change their attitude towards Laurel.

But I'm venturing off topic here, so I digress. My point was mainly that I'm equally as excited to see Oliver truly develop into Green Arrow as I am to see Laurel hopefully transition into Black Canary.

Last edited by nhlover4ever; 05-31-2013 at 05:50 PM
Old 06-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just love Laurel's character, but since she's the main female lead it was really sad, her storyline wasn't that great in season 1

I guess if there's a time jump for season 2 they would e apart because of what happened to Tommy aaaand because Ollie wouldn't like lying to her..

Or they are still together despite the Tommy thing and get pulled apart because of his secret about him being the vigilante.. I just hope by the midst of next season Laurel finds out about the truth and then slowly become the canary.
And I wish Ollie would tell her

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 06-01-2013, 11:21 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
^ I have to disagree with you there. There are a lot of people who actually ship BOTH Oliver/Laurel and Oliver/Felicity, but aren't particularly crazy about Laurel's character because a) Katie wasn't given much to do in S1 and b) They feel her character was changed too much from the comics, since she hasn't transitioned into Black Canary yet; they were hoping/expecting that would happen a lot quicker than it is. Most of the anti Oliver/Laurel sentiments trace back to simply not liking Laurel's character, because they find her 'boring' right now. Hardcore Oliver/Felicity shippers will probably never warm up to Laurel or Oliver/Laurel, that's true. Just like hardcore Oliver/Laurel shippers will most likely never be okay with the idea of Oliver/Felicity turning romantic. But for those who ship both and are on the fence about it, simply giving Katie more to do and fleshing out her character could definitely change their attitude towards Laurel.

But I'm venturing off topic here, so I digress. My point was mainly that I'm equally as excited to see Oliver truly develop into Green Arrow as I am to see Laurel hopefully transition into Black Canary.
"I hear what you are saying and i hope you are right, but i have my doubts. THAT'S ALL!!!.................." D.V.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 06-02-2013, 06:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
^ [B]Most of the anti Oliver/Laurel sentiments trace back to simply not liking Laurel's character, because they find her 'boring' right now. [ My point was mainly that I'm equally as excited to see Oliver truly develop into Green Arrow as I am to see Laurel hopefully transition into Black Canary.
Ditto. I totally kinda understand this, strong character development is important for both characters in a ship. They each have to be able to be likable and be strong individuals, so that their romance can be just as strong. At the same time too I really think people should be able to separate character and ship as they are two different things. I think its problematic when people sync the two so much that it sucks up character individuality, or make the ship one sided. So I guess what Im saying is that Laurel/Oliver shouldnt be judged on what Laurel is like as a person but rather more on what they are like together, the qualities they share together as a couple. A ship too me is two people, not one person. Being Anti-laurel doesnt have to mean Anti-laurel/Oliver too and vice versa, they link somewhere but are definately not the same thing. Same thing for all the other characters-ships, imo.

Anyway my hope for Laurel character development is more than just being Black Canary, that will be a welcome development but its not a quick fix of everything imo. It has to be about developing the character all round for me, as Laurel, as a lawyer, a friend, a daughter, hero, a person etc all round. She has been made into too much of a love interest prize this season in that love triangle , and thats whats been dragging her down and hurting her mostly. I dont see it as wise though to judge characters sorely based on one season in a planned multi season series, for one thing characters havent progressed fully yet and things can change with time. So yeah I do feel like the reactions on the character may have been too abrupt and unfair, especially when we its been hinted already she is more than just some "damsel in distress", just because she isnt "active", isnt in on the secret, or included in the team in a first season doesnt mean that its is always going to be like that.

There is some work to be done in making Laurel be able to be assertive and protect herself, and work to be done to strengthen Ollie's morality as a hero and a person. Anyway excited and positive for what the show has in store for these two characters (& others too).

Last edited by HunterX; 06-02-2013 at 07:12 PM
Old 06-02-2013, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Love that line Thanks for the gif Holly
Old 06-02-2013, 06:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yes we neeeeeddd much more scenes like that.
Ditto

A really full love scene, next time and season, and no peeping toms (R.I.P).
Old 06-03-2013, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilSonღFan (View Post)
Love that line Thanks for the gif Holly
You're welcome

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 06-04-2013, 12:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Credit: oliver and laurel ;
cool gifs. new Oliver/Laurel centric blog def check it out.

Last edited by HunterX; 06-04-2013 at 12:16 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread