Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by we walk free (View Post)
OMG what an episode loved that it was about the Originals Klaus and Elijah are just so amazing I hate the baby with Haley storyline Steph I am a CK shipper too and loved his voicemail to her
Yes yes yes. I wasn't sure about the spin-off but with that episode, I am 100% sure I will love The Originals.

I can't believe they did that storyline.
*Stephie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 03:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Here are my thoughts on the episode...
  • I loved that Klaus was in New Orleans on a mission to silence and slaughter.
  • Even though Marcel neutralized the threat against Klaus (i.e. he killed Jane-Anne), I loved that Klaus couldn't leave New Orleans without finding out what she wanted with him. Sophie was refusing to talk to him, not when he had the guides that Marcel had assigned to following him around.
  • I loved the greeting that Marcel gave Klaus when he first saw him >> "Niklaus Mikaelson, my mentor, my savior, my sire." -- I loved their hug. Then as the episode went along, it was clear that Klaus was not pleased by what he had discovered about New Orleans. Marcel had taken all of the lessons that Klaus had taught him and he had made New Orleans the place to be for vampires. I loved how Klaus tried to play nice with him because he needed to find out what plot was being cooked up against him, but then he lost his cool when he realized that Marcel was keeping an eye on him by having him followed. Klaus told Marcel that he didn't care about his rules, and he didn't need chaperones. That was the first sign that Klaus was not going to be able to leave New Orleans after his business was taken care of.
  • "Evening, Elijah." / "Niklaus." / "What an entirely unwelcome surprise." / "And what an entirely unsurprising welcome." -- Aw, I love them!
  • Sophie brought Klaus to New Orleans because she thought Marcel was out of control and she wanted to stop him...with Klaus' help. I understood her desire to be free of Marcel's control, but I didn't like how she tried to convince Klaus to join forces. Klaus' reaction to Sophie telling him that she would kill Hayley and the miracle baby that was conceived after their liquor-fueled one-night stand ( ouch, by the way ) unless he helped the witches take down Marcel was just as I expected >> "How dare you command me...threaten me with what you wrongly perceive to be my weaknesses" and "Kill her and the baby. What do I care?".
  • I understood why Elijah tried to convince Klaus that his child was a gift, a chance to start over, to take back everything they lost, everything that was taken from them. Since their family was ruined, all Klaus and the rest of the Originals have ever wanted was a family. Having the love and loyalty of family is power. I loved that Elijah told Klaus that he would help him and stand by him, that he would be his brother, that they would build a home in New Orleans together. I just didn't think a child was the way to make it happen.
  • When Sophie revealed that Marcel was nothing but an orphaned street rat until Klaus made him who he is, I wanted to know more. Then when Klaus said, "When I left a hundred years ago, you were just a pathetic little scrapper, still trembling from the lashes of the whips of those who would keep you down. And now look at you -- master of your domain, prince of the city", I knew that the power struggle between them would be so much fun to watch. For example, this part of the episode, when Marcel laid it all down...
    "Hey, man, I get it. Three hundred years ago, you helped build a backwater penal colony into something. You started it, but then you left. Actually, you ran from it. I saw it through. Huh? Look around. Vampires rules this city now. We don't have to live in the shadows like rats. The locals know their place. They look the other way. I got rid of the werewolves. I even found a way to shut down the witches. The blood never stops flowing and the party never ends. You wanna pass on through? You wanna stay a while? Great. What's mine is yours, but it is mine. My home, my family, my rules."
    it was exactly what I expected. It had been building from very beginning of the episode. Klaus showed up in New Orleans after being away a hundred years to see that New Orleans was thriving under his protégé's rule. Marcel wasn't going to trust Klaus not to make a play for the crown, and Klaus was not going to stand for someone that he had taught to succeed at something that he didn't get a chance to do.
  • I loved all of the lessons that Marcel said that Klaus had taught him >>
    "If your blood relations let you down, you make your own, huh? You taught me that."
    "Never waste an opportunity for a show of force -- another lesson that I learned from you."
    "Mercy is for the weak. You taught me that too."
  • I knew that Klaus would not be able to stand to have Marcel telling him that New Orleans was his to control as its king. Of course he was going to push back against him. and show him who was boss..which was why he bit Thierry. "Your friend will be dead by the weekend. Which means I've broken one of your rules. And yet, I cannot be killed. I am immortal. Who has the power now, friend?" -- boom!
  • I liked the Klaus/Cami scene >> "The $100 guy." / "The brave bartender." I loved what Cami came up with for the artist's story >> "He's angry. Dark. Doesn't feel safe and doesn't know what to do about it. He wishes he could control his demons instead of having his demons control him. He's lost. Alone." Klaus thought she got it right, mostly because he probably identified with him.
  • I loved the Klaus/Elijah scene when they were sitting on the bench...

Quote:
    Elijah: What is on your mind, brother?
    Klaus: For a thousand years, I lived in fear. Anytime I settled anywhere, our father would hunt me down and chase me off. He made me feel powerless, and I hated it. This town was my home once. And in my absence, Marcel has got everything that I ever wanted: power, loyalty, family. I made him in my image, and he has bettered me. I want what he has. I wanna be king.
    Elijah: And what of Hayley and the baby?
    Klaus: Every king needs an heir.
    I look forward to seeing how it all plays out.
  • I loved that Klaus giving Thierry his blood for the werewolf bite was a powerplay for him to cement his place in Marcel's inner circle. When Klaus said, "The Quarter is your home, but I would like to stay a while, if I am still welcome", my only thought was 'Let the games begin!'
Reply   Post New Thread