Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2014, 04:59 PM
Moderator Manager

^ look it up and tell us
Old 08-17-2014, 05:15 PM
Master Fan

Alright, to sum up the legend:

According to Greek myth, Hades, god of the underworld, wanted to take Persephone, daughter of Zeus and Demeter, as his bride, and make her the most feared of all goddesses, and the goddess of the underworld. Zeus was open to the idea of the marriage, but knew that his wife, Demeter, would never consent.

So Hades kidnapped Persephone while she was in a flower field, and did it so quickly that no one even knew. Demeter was enraged and searched forever for her daughter, cursing the earth with droughts until she found her.

Finally Zeus, witnessing the destruction, commanded Hades to return Persephone to her mother. Hades agreed, but then tricked Persephone, who had refused to eat anything since her arrival in the underworld, to eat a single pomegranate seed. This rendered her unable to leave the underworld.

Sick of the fighting, they reached a compromise where Persephone would spend half of the year above with her mother, and half the year in the underworld with her husband. The six months of the year she spend in the underworld, the world above grew cold and dark, while the other half of the year flourished in warmth and crops.

"They're loyal beasts"
"They were loyal. Now they're starving."

Old 08-17-2014, 06:29 PM
Moderator Manager

That's a great myth!!! I LIKE it, and it totally gave me KC feels... I want AU sets of it
Old 08-18-2014, 12:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I'll keep a lookout for them and I'll post them if they do turn up at any point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
I'm loving seeing all the KC icons too Give me so many feels

A support group for KC is always good Specially with the lack of new scenes.... Of course you're part of it, I mean, you're also in charge of keeping me positive, remember?!?!!

I don't know the story of them either, but that is a great gifset!!!
It reminds me of season three when the Romantics thread was filled with posters using Klaroline icons after every episode. If your inbox is open, I might make a request for a new icon.

I totally get it. Lack of scenes does make it hard to think of everything they could be doing if they were still in the same town. Luckily, I have way too many Klaroline-related things to think about, read and watch that it's not so bad for me. Keeping you positive is a job that I take very seriously. So how about it? Do you need any shots of positivity or are you doing okay right now? =)

That was my thought exactly. I was gonna look it up but someone beat me to the punch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridon (View Post)
We love snacks and treats Rocky!
Here you go. Dig in.

=)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheridon (View Post)
Alright, to sum up the legend:

According to Greek myth, Hades, god of the underworld, wanted to take Persephone, daughter of Zeus and Demeter, as his bride, and make her the most feared of all goddesses, and the goddess of the underworld. Zeus was open to the idea of the marriage, but knew that his wife, Demeter, would never consent.

So Hades kidnapped Persephone while she was in a flower field, and did it so quickly that no one even knew. Demeter was enraged and searched forever for her daughter, cursing the earth with droughts until she found her.

Finally Zeus, witnessing the destruction, commanded Hades to return Persephone to her mother. Hades agreed, but then tricked Persephone, who had refused to eat anything since her arrival in the underworld, to eat a single pomegranate seed. This rendered her unable to leave the underworld.

Sick of the fighting, they reached a compromise where Persephone would spend half of the year above with her mother, and half the year in the underworld with her husband. The six months of the year she spend in the underworld, the world above grew cold and dark, while the other half of the year flourished in warmth and crops.

That is a fanastic legend/myth. I love that gif set even more now. Thanks for looking it up for us, my dear.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:20 AM
Moderator Manager

Ohh I hope more au gifsets based on that pops up!! It's so fitting for KC

My inbox is always open! The only requests I'll probably say no to is for graphics of characters/ships that I hate (which are just like a couple, so PM me away )

I love watching fanvids and seeing graphics... makes me all nostalgic
But don't worry, I'm in a real good place when it comes to KC Like I said, I was satisfied with the way they left things, so if stays like that I won't have many downs

Carolyn is fast!

I don't have a sweet tooth, but that gif seems yummy
Old 08-18-2014, 06:32 AM
Master Fan

Ugh You're making me want candy. Actually, at work tomorrow we're getting a candy buffet, so I can wait.

No problem! I love the part where she becomes a feared goddess of the underworld. That would make an awesome KC story.

"They're loyal beasts"

Old 08-18-2014, 06:34 AM
Moderator Manager

Candy buffet? Now that sounds nice even for a person that doesn't like candy that much

Yeah... because that's how I see Caroline... she went from weak insecure girl, to a very decided strong vampire. It even has a sort of analogy to that story
Old 08-18-2014, 06:48 AM
Master Fan

I know. I am very excited for some sugar action tomorrow.

Agreed. And it has those elements of Persephone bringing light and warmth.

"They're loyal beasts"

Old 08-18-2014, 07:37 AM
Moderator Manager

So I imagine you'll be in a quite sugar high tomorrow

Yeah, it almost seem like one was based in the other
Old 08-18-2014, 09:16 AM
Master Fan

I love the Hades/Persephone myth for Klaroline AU. It was actually through KC that I met it. There was fic based on it, Pandemonium, but something about the writig style didn't catch my attention.

» Bella
Old 08-18-2014, 12:55 PM
Moderator Manager

Well, fanfics are not really my thing, but if you do find arts/vids of it, please share with me
Old 08-18-2014, 05:49 PM
Master Fan

Will do.

» Bella
Old 08-18-2014, 06:57 PM
Moderator Manager

I knew I could count on you to provide me with my KC fix
Old 08-18-2014, 07:06 PM
Master Fan

Always. I love giving people KC feels.

» Bella
Old 08-18-2014, 07:08 PM