Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2013, 06:53 AM
Master Fan

I'm used to seeing my favourite characters die by now, I'm not even surprised anymore
Yes Joss Whedon and JK Rowling, I'm looking at you

valentina
tumblr twitter
Old 06-08-2013, 07:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Let me add George R.R. Martin and Damon Lindelof to that list. I especially hate how writers go out of their way to make a character even more awesome/sympathetic/miserable right before murdering him/her in a terrible way.

I went and checked Frigga's powers:
Quote:
Frigga possesses the conventional superhuman attributes of an Asgardian goddess. Though relatively old, she can lift about 20 tons, has superhuman speed, endurance, and is capable of performing at peak condition for at least 24 hours before tiring. She also has superhuman reflexes and a durability to impact and extreme temperatures. These abilities are accompanied with a regenerative healing factor at a rate of slashes and punctures healing in a few hours and broken bones setting and healing within a day. This power is limited, however, being incapable to regenerate missing limbs or organs without a magical aide. Frigga is also capable of changing her appearance, transforming matter and a numerous amount of different energies. She also possesses certain abilities to wield magic which have not yet been defined, including the spells to shield Balder largely from harm, and the ability to transport herself between dimensions, such as Earth and Asgard.
All awesome things, but nothing about astral projection/telepathy.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Speaking of JK Rowling and killing off favorite characters, Valentina, I just reblogged this:

Thanks for the info on Frigga, Fran! Maybe because she's the mother, she had more of an emotional connection to Loki and was able to sense him in ways Odin and Heimdall couldn't? We'll never know I guess, unless they tell us how in the movie.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

*remains the only person on the planet to have not read Harry Potter*
Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
Maybe because she's the mother, she had more of an emotional connection to Loki and was able to sense him in ways Odin and Heimdall couldn't?

Thanks, Mee. It's not like I had much use for my heart, anyway.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sorry, boo.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:55 AM
Master Fan

omg Lost, why did you remind me of Lost

Mee, that's so beautiful and sad and I'll just reblog it and cry a little more (whoever wrote that forgot my baby Sirius )

valentina
tumblr twitter
Old 06-08-2013, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Lost was my first fandom and the amount of rage, tears and chest pain it got out of me have left a scar that will never fade.
It's been 4 years and I still have nightmares about the S5 finale.

*If* Frigga is going to die, and Loki will keep up the same attitude he had in the comics with her before then (pretending indifference), her death will hit him hard.
I hope, at least.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:49 AM
Master Fan

Chronologically I was killed by BtVS first, after that Harry Potter and Lost (and FNL, which breaks my heart, but at least nobody dies there )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
*If* Frigga is going to die, and Loki will keep up the same attitude he had in the comics with her before then (pretending indifference), her death will hit him hard.
I hope, at least.
This is already breaking my heart

valentina
tumblr twitter
Old 06-08-2013, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyGu (View Post)
Chronologically I was killed by BtVS first, after that Harry Potter and Lost (and FNL, which breaks my heart, but at least nobody dies there)
Ohhh Buffy! Another love of mine. But back then I still didn't know fandom and contended myself with watching an episode a week and sort of moving on the day afterwards. it was when I came online that I discovered how meta, BTS info and spoilers make the viewing experience much more painful and stressful.
Quote:
This is already breaking my heart
The worst part would be if whatever Loki has been plotting with/for Malekith behind the scenes is what leads to her death (without him knowing, I'd assume).
Old 06-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Ohhh Buffy! Another love of mine. But back then I still didn't know fandom and contended myself with watching an episode a week and sort of moving on the day afterwards. it was when I came online that I discovered how meta, BTS info and spoilers make the viewing experience much more painful and stressful.

The worst part would be if whatever Loki has been plotting with/for Malekith behind the scenes is what leads to her death (without him knowing, I'd assume).
I'm afraid something like this would only make Loki more insane and angry, he would probably lose any progress made in his relationship with Thor

valentina
tumblr twitter
Old 06-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyGu (View Post)
I'm afraid something like this would only make Loki more insane and angry, he would probably lose any progress made in his relationship with Thor
Thor is already at the "when you betray me, I'll kill you" stage, but it's possible they could make some progress back from the abyss during their trip to the dark side of Asgard. Aaaaand then Loki's involvement with Malekith will came out and all hell will break loose, again.

I'd like to know if when Thor visits Loki in prison to ask for his help, Loki already knows the extent of damage the attack on Asgard brought (and Frigga's fate).
Old 06-08-2013, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Uuuuugh, my heart is not going to be able to survive this movie.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

I fear all those promises of this second movie being "gritty and dark" aren't just a reference to the cinematography. :/
Old 06-09-2013, 08:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

I know. Would it be ok for me to stand up in the theater and cry about my feels?
Old 06-09-2013, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

I fear that I do that I'll boot me out of the theater and being a masochist I need to watch the whole movie and experience pain at its fullest.
I might go for something low-key and weep and try to muffle my sobs on the shoulder of the stranger sitting next to me.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top