Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2017, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) #2: My spider senses are tingling!

Cast
Tom Holland ... Peter Parker / Spider-Man
Robert Downey Jr. ... Tony Stark / Iron Man
Marisa Tomei ... Aunt May
Zendaya ... Michelle
Michael Keaton
Tony Revolori ... Manuel
Laura Harrier
Old 07-21-2017, 08:48 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread. And I'm I the only one thinking we may get the wedding in IW1/IW2? And I have a feeling Tony is going to pass the torch on to Peter Parker.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:27 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I definately think he will pass the torch to Peter since Spiderman is the first movie after IW2 (or whatever it will be called) and they made it sound like Peter will be leading phase 4.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:58 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
I definately think he will pass the torch to Peter since Spiderman is the first movie after IW2 (or whatever it will be called) and they made it sound like Peter will be leading phase 4.
Yep. It would makes sense, I think even Feige called Peter/Spidey the crown jewel of the Marvel Universe. And I can't stop laughing at how some believes Disney/Marvel will kill off Cap/Iron Man etc etc in IW. They're even thinking Peter Parker will die in IW.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Crown jewel like hell. Spider Man is overrated.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Close to half a billion worldwide now.
Old 07-23-2017, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I rest my case.
Old 07-23-2017, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

did you hear the screams at CC when Tom's Spiderman appears in the next Avengers trailer? Nobody else got such a scream
Old 07-23-2017, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
Uhhh, no torch passing, please? If Tony didn't pass any torch to Peter in the comics there's no reason to do it in the MCU. It's bad enough already that they made Homecoming so Iron Man-centric. I prefer Peter being in his own story where he belongs. Besides, Kevin Feige(or overrated schmuck, as I call him), already said that roles will be recast over time. Someone else will eventually play Tony Stark in the future.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Uhhh, no torch passing, please? If Tony didn't pass any torch to Peter in the comics there's no reason to do it in the MCU. It's bad enough already that they made Homecoming so Iron Man-centric. I prefer Peter being in his own story where he belongs. Besides, Kevin Feige(or overrated schmuck, as I call him), already said that roles will be recast over time. Someone else will eventually play Tony Stark in the future.
But it makes sense for Peter/Spidey to be the face of the MCU, after Iron Man. I mean Marvel's flagship has always been Peter/Spidey, just like Disney's flagship has always been Mickey Mouse. Feige could've said that before Marvel became Disney's Marvel.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
did you hear the screams at CC when Tom's Spiderman appears in the next Avengers trailer? Nobody else got such a scream
Definitely the same dumb human race that voted Trump into power.

Last edited by sum1; 07-24-2017 at 06:16 AM
Old 07-24-2017, 08:04 AM
Elite Fan

I forgot to mention this, but it seems on the Spider-Man Homecoming app, it shows that Michelle sent 14 messages to Peter.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Definitely the same dumb human race that voted Trump into power.
Well..in my experience, superhero fans tend to be progressive and open, so no.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

They're still from the same human species that elected Trump. And "progressive" people can be dumb too. I don't have an experience of superhero fans being any more intelligent than the rest of humanity, nor have I found them to be especially progressive on the whole, for that matter. And if humanity can make incredibly stupid mistakes in politics, is it surprising the species might make bad choices in other areas too?

Last edited by sum1; 07-24-2017 at 03:55 PM
Old 07-24-2017, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, how did we go from Spider-Man to Donald Trump? Leave it to sum1 to segue there. But I do agree with him that there are a lot of easily led-drones who will just go along with whatever Hollywood or Washington says. I personally hate Peter always being a teenager in the comics and I welcome the opportunity for him to finally grow up in the movies and be a 20-something adult since that's the Peter Parker that the last two generations grew up reading in the comics. Millennials never knew a teen Peter Parker(except for that horrible Ultimate Spider-Man title).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
Well..in my experience, superhero fans tend to be progressive and open, so no.
Progressive? You know how many comic fans I've seen who scream bloody murder at the slightest hint of political correctness affecting their beloved characters? They ain't that progressive, I assure you. And I've seen a lot of progressives that are open to people who are different from them, as long as they don't think differently from them. That's not really that open, you know?