Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Helicarrier [News Thread] #3: Give us some news or give us the new movies already!

Quote:
Jason Momoa asks for more cash for "Guardians of the Galaxy" role; Marvel now testing other actors

Though news recently broke that Jason Momoa had been offered the role of Drax the Destroyer in the upcoming Marvel film Guardians Of The Galaxy, it looks like he's now on the outs. According to tweets from the Latino Review, Marvel has rebuffed Momoa's request for a higher payout for the role, and are now testing other actors.

Momoa's situation recalls the replacement of Terrence Howard with Don Cheadle in Iron Man 2, after contract negotiations between Marvel and the actor broke down. Guardians director James Gunn has stated in the past that the film is "not cast-dependent. We could make the movie with unknowns if we wanted to."
x

Production Wraps on Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. Pilot

Filming on the "Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D." pilot began on January 22 and writer/executive producer Maurissa Tancharoen revealed last night that shooting has officially wrapped. Pictured below with Tancharoen is her husband Jed Whedon, his brother Joss (you may know him), and executive producers Jeph Loeb and Jeffrey Bell. "Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D." will now move to the post-production stage and could be officially picked up for series.

The pilot episode is expected to air this fall if picked up. The cast includes Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na We as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Agent Grant Ward, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Gemma Simmons, and Chloe Bennet as Skye.

Joss Whedon directed the pilot and co-wrote it with Tancharoen and his brother Jed Whedon. It has been confirmed that the series will take place after the events of Marvel's The Avengers. +

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon
Old 03-03-2013, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt, Emma! I didn't even realize we were over the post count for this thread!
Old 03-04-2013, 04:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

http://m.superherohype.com/news/arti...y-far-far-away

And I continue to still not care about this film.
Old 03-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Eh, me neither. Give me some Dr. Strange stuff!
Old 03-06-2013, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't really care about it too

Old 03-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the new thread and info!
Old 03-06-2013, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

So, have either Jason or his agent responded to what the tweets are saying?
Old 03-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, Guardians Of The Galaxy were always a fringe team. The problem is they don't fit into the Thanos mythos because they never actually went up against him. Their main enemy was Michael Korvac, and that storyline ended with an epic battle between Korvac and his girlfriend, Carina(who was the daughter of The Collector, one of the Elders Of The Universe), against the Avengers and the Guardians. And the entire battle took place in a house in New York.....either Queens or Staten Island, I'm not sure. Anyway, it was pretty brutal. And Thor was the last man standing.

But doing the Thanos storyline correctly involves bringing in characters like Captain Marvel and Adam Warlock, and that might be even more difficult since they have such complex origins and backgrounds. And I think Drax The Destroyer was actually part of their storylines, not the Guardians. The original Guardians were Vance Astro, Starhawk and his wife, Aleta, Yondu, Martinex, Charlie-27, and Nikki.

I am hoping that they bring in Ant Man and Wasp and do a storyline with Ultron, the mad adamantium robot that Hank Pym created. I guess no news on them yet?
Old 03-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Newer article interviewsa with Marvel head kevin Feige and Shane black all about Iron man avengers other marvel movies and how doing a third Iron Man is different then other marvel movies that have had three movies

The New Trailer For IRON MAN 3 Is Here! - Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

Also, Chat With Shane Black And Kevin Feige About Marvel's Post-AVENGERS Initiative!
Published at: March 5, 2013, 11 a.m.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the link!
Old 03-09-2013, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

'Doctor Strange' movie teased by Marvel Studios chief

Doctor Strange will play a major role in the Marvel cinematic universe in the future, according to Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige.

The executive described the Sorcerer Supreme as an "exciting" character and said that his big screen debut is a case of "when", not "if".

"I'm not looking at Phase One as grounded and Phase Two as cosmic and Phase Three as magic. The films are all so eclectic and different from each other that you can't overarchingly categorise them like that," he told SFX.

"If and when we enter the magic arena, it will be through Doctor Strange. Sure, obviously. And that's to me what's exciting about Doctor Strange."

Feige went on to discuss Joss Whedon's Avengers sequel, telling fans to expect some changes to the team roster in the 2015 follow-up.

"I think it's not a secret that Joss and I and all of us at Marvel think that part of the fun of Avengers is the rotating team, for sure," he added.

Doctor Strange has been rumored for a cameo appearance in Thor: The Dark World, and is expected to star in a solo film as part of Marvel Studios' Phase Three slate.
+
Old 03-09-2013, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for that info Miran!
Old 03-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yw, Tara! I'm excited for the Doctor Strange movie/character.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks for the news!!

I knew you'd be thrilled, Mee!! You want a Dr. Strange movie so much

Old 03-10-2013, 06:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm so very meh on the other two movies announced (GoTG and AM) so it's nice to be excited about something that I loved as a kid.