Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2013, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yw, Donna.

I jot got overly excited that my bb Sharon was mentioned but I'm not getting my hopes up about anything.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

I totally understand.

Donna
Old 09-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the info.

And I also understand you not wanting to get too excited.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, I'm used to not getting what I want.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for the article and aww Mee.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
Yeah, I'm used to not getting what I want.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, thanks guys.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Chris Pine
Zachary Levi

I'm sorry Mee.

Donna
Old 09-04-2013, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

LOL, David Hasselhoff is complaining about Sam Jackson's Nick Fury. David play Nick Fury in some 90s movie.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I knew he played in some film. Didn't know he was complaining about him. What's he saying?
Old 09-04-2013, 12:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here's the article. I get what he's saying, but really, he's a crappy actor and cheesy to boot.

Quote:
David Hasselhoff Gripes More About Samuel L Jackson's Nick Fury Portrayal In THE AVENGERS

During an interview that's all too similar to Lou Ferrigno saying that his Hulk is the best Hulk there is, actor David Hasselhoff spoke with Yahoo Movies and reminisced about playing Nick Fury in the 1998 TV movie Nick Fury: Agent of Shield versus Samuel L. Jackson's 'ultimate' portrayal of the character in The Avengers movies. "I was the first Nick Fury," he said. "Stan Lee put me in that. He gave me the best line ever: 'Guys like you tend to cling to the bowl no matter how many times you flush'. Stan Lee came on the set and told me all about Nick," he added. "He said 'You're the ultimate Nick Fury'. He gave me the greatest compliment ever." But what does he think about Samuel L. Jackson's performance? "You know, it wasn't Nick Fury. They take these shows and they make it the way they want to make it and unfortunately, they should have had Stan Lee on the set and let him kick him into gear - whoever directed [The Avengers] decided they wanted to go that way. But it's their prerogative. He's still a great actor." On what it was like playing the eye-patch-donning character, Hasselhoff explains, "It was a challenge. But it was also more fun than anything. I did a lot of research - I read as much about Nick Fury as I could. Nick Fury is a real tough guy and he didn't have any special powers… A big word in my life is 'respect' and you know, might for right," David Hasselhoff continues. "He was a big throwback to the old World War II days, you know. I was hoping to have played him in the movie," he revealed. "And then Samuel L. Jackson came in and he was a great Nick Fury but he wasn't really the consummate Nick Fury, the way he was written. And I think that's a shame because he's a great character and a funny character… I'm hoping to do it again sometime."

David Hasselhoff Gripes More About Samuel L Jackson's Nick Fury Portrayal In THE AVENGERS
Old 09-04-2013, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't seen David Hasselhoff as Nick Fury, but I think Samuel L Jackson is great. So, I don't really agree with him.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like Samuel too so I have no problem with him. Besides, Sam can only do so much with the material that is given to him.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

A little blurb from Drew Pearce, Iron Man 3's co-scriptwriter.

Quote:
Drew Pearce Shares Thoughts On Marvel's Phase Two, Fox's And WB/DC's Shared Universes

Notably praising Captain America: The Winter Soldier based on rumblings "from the editing room," Iron Man 3 scribe Drew Pearce offers up thoughts on Marvel's rivals' shared universes.

As the co-writer behind Shane Black's first installment to Marvel Studios' second wave of movies, Iron Man 3, Drew Pearce also talked with SciFiNow about the forthcoming Phase Two ventures. After recounting on Marvel's "roll of the dice" success with the first Iron Man film, Pearce says, "This next phase has such a good bunch of directors, from the Russos, who by all accounts have knocked it out the park with Captain America 2 - I've seldom heard buzz from the editing room as good as that movie. Avengers 2 will be Joss Whedon's baby, and reaction to James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy has been brilliant. Even after the tough journey of two and half years making Iron Man 3 as good as it can be, I don't just have respect for Marvel as unit; I'm honored for my time there, and I'm constantly talking to them about what we do next."
+