Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2018, 02:18 AM
Total Fan

No prob.
Old 02-18-2018, 03:46 AM
Moderator Support Team

just saw it i did enojoy it it was something different , im not sure if i loved it to the point of being the best marvel movie but i did enjoy it .. they did a lot of things right , the color , the tech , the music was all good .

the humour was nice to , loved Stan Lee appearance he is so awesome

only thing i wished we had more figths scences .. one thing i thought watching this movie was wow this reminds me so much of the Lion King

ps love the Bucky bit i knew he would be in it
Old 02-18-2018, 04:02 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
one thing i thought watching this movie was wow this reminds me so much of the Lion King
I said the same thing!

Steph | tumblr
Old 02-18-2018, 07:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

That doesn't say much for the African authenticity of the film.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well as soon as we knew they weren't going to film anywhere in Africa, I think the authenticity went out the door. They tried to do the best with what they had. Not sure why no one thought they should go film there. Or if the idea was brought up and then scrapped. I remember they filmed the that street fight scene in Johannesburg, South Africa during Age of Ultron,

Last edited by miranstarr; 02-18-2018 at 07:35 AM
Old 02-18-2018, 07:39 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps5 (View Post)
I said the same thing!
it was a lot of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
That doesn't say much for the African authenticity of the film.
i know its not the best thing to say but its what i thought

have you seen it yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranstarr (View Post)
Well as soon as we knew they weren't going to film anywhere in Africa, I think the authenticity went out the door. They tried to do the best with what they had. Not sure why no one thought they should go film there. Or if the idea was brought up and then scrapped. I remember they filmed the that street fight scene in Johannesburg, South Africa during Age of Ultron,

TBH i get why they didnt , the world they live in is fake but there were certains scenes that would of been nice if it came from Africa
Old 02-18-2018, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

They really should have filmed in Africa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
have you seen it yet?
Quote:
That said, when it comes out on dvd I will see it. I don't see films in the cinema anymore. I'm stil waiting for Thor: Ragnarok to come on dvd later this month. And when I do see Black Panther I'll give it a fair chance. I just don't have high hopes.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think they filmed the jungle scenes in Argentina. It not being filmed in Africa won't really be a big problem for me though. I've been able to enjoy other blockbusters that used a stand in for a different country or space.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:53 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
They really should have filmed in Africa.
ok you are waiting tbh both movies was good thor was very good very different to black panther
Old 02-18-2018, 02:18 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I saw it yesterday, it was a great film. Definitely one of MCU's best. It was such a deep and powerful film. The stand outs for me were Killmonger (Best MCU villain IMO, holy crap he was amazing and you completely understand why he is the way he is, why he's so angry and hurt, and why he wanted to do what he was doing) Okoye, and Shuri. Oh yeah, and the costumes and designs were beautiful and so authentic. From the Infinity War trailers we know Black Panther and Okoye are fighting that huge army but I hope we see Shuri and some other BP characters. Since Bucky is there I hope we see Shuri too since she helped him trying to remove that Winter Soldier brainwashing. I'm glad the movie is making so much money, a sequel is inevitable but the next villain can't even touch Killmonger. His final line in the film was the cherry on top of his performance, powerful. Can't wait for Infinity War.

Last edited by Butterfly85; 02-18-2018 at 02:24 PM
Old 02-18-2018, 04:22 PM
Total Fan

Yes, Killmonger's final line was very memorable.

Okoye was awesome. Danai Gurira did a great job. She was badass and powerful, but also warm with a sense of humour. And very noble.
Old 02-18-2018, 04:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

I wish he stayed alive Killmonger's was a good character and his final words were so powerful

Also I love this cast what an amazing funny humble cast been watching interviews with them my god so good
Old 02-18-2018, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/02/1...nt-suggestions

I saw it was really good. Good strong characters, and good storyline and good music and tech. Plus the 2nd extra credit ending scene was nice bonus too. I will probably end up seeing it again 2 more times too. The movie also reminded me of Lion King too.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

I absolutely think this movie is one the MCU's best - up there with Winter Soldier.

It had an amazing cast. I loved that the three female characters were all so different and so wonderfully portrayed - it's hard for me to even choose a favorite, though I think it might be Okoye. All of the main actors (and a few supporting actors) really got to shine in this. And Killmonger is definitely one of the best villains the MCU has had.

Boseman was perfect as T'Challa to me. The full range of emotions he goes through and his journey into being king was compelling to watch.

Anyone else think that, if we lose Steve as Cap (I do think/hope Bucky takes up the mantle), BP will be end up the leader of the new Avengers?

~Kat
Old 02-18-2018, 11:25 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

If The Avengers got a new leader after Infinity War, I think it should be Black Panther and I would be fine with it. He is the king after all.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top