Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2015, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, the show is super dark.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Whenever I see the labs in the flash or Orphan Black, I am like "why can't the labs in aos have this lighting???"

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon
Old 05-26-2015, 08:44 AM
Extreme Fan

I must be the only one that doesn't have a problem with the lighting.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

But it's so dark and dull. I thought I was only one of the few ones along with some other people who gif this show, but apparently I was not:

Quote:
After the colorful, cheeky retro fun of Agent Carter, it’s hard not to notice just how bland S.H.I.E.L.D.’s visual design and scripting are. “Aftershocks” is an overwhelmingly gray episode, and it had me pining for the vibrant costuming and décor of Peggy’s time period. There’s no reason for S.H.I.E.L.D. to be so drab, and even gritty superhero shows like Arrow and Gotham find ways to incorporate color through costumes, sets, and camera filters. The palette for “Aftershocks” is dominated by dull blue, black, gray, and brown, so it’s very refreshing when there’s a rare pop of color like the neon blue of Gordon teleporting or the green of Mac and Bobbi’s secret scanner in Coulson’s office.
This was from a review and I couldn't find the link to the article.

Old 05-26-2015, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's from The A.V. Club!

Review: Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.: “Aftershocks” · TV Club · The A.V. Club
Old 05-26-2015, 07:43 PM
Obsessed Fan

I admit to liking Agent Carter more than SHIELD. I think it's a superior show in about every way.

I'm not sure what it IS about SHIELD that keeps me from really getting into it - the period right after TWS and through the season one finale was the show at its high and I started to get very invested in it. Then season two started and they kinda lost me again, even though I keep watching it.

I think it's a character thing for me - I enjoy Skye, May and now Fitz. Coulson most of the time. I loved Tripp and was angry over their choice to off him.

But I don't care for Bobbi or Hunter (they're bland to me), I'm indifferent to Mack....This season made me not care for Jemma. I don't think they know what they're doing with Ward.

I know it's a character issue for me, but it's hard to put it into words. They just don't grab me the way the MCU characters in general do, or the way other characters on other shows have. There is no one special character or relationship/connection that pulls me in (let alone two or three of either). That's probably the best way I can describe it. The rest of the MCU has that in *spades*.

~Kat
Old 05-26-2015, 11:33 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheshireKitten (View Post)
I admit to liking Agent Carter more than SHIELD. I think it's a superior show in about every way.

I'm not sure what it IS about SHIELD that keeps me from really getting into it - the period right after TWS and through the season one finale was the show at its high and I started to get very invested in it. Then season two started and they kinda lost me again, even though I keep watching it.

I think it's a character thing for me - I enjoy Skye, May and now Fitz. Coulson most of the time. I loved Tripp and was angry over their choice to off him.

But I don't care for Bobbi or Hunter (they're bland to me), I'm indifferent to Mack....This season made me not care for Jemma. I don't think they know what they're doing with Ward.

I know it's a character issue for me, but it's hard to put it into words. They just don't grab me the way the MCU characters in general do, or the way other characters on other shows have. There is no one special character or relationship/connection that pulls me in (let alone two or three of either). That's probably the best way I can describe it. The rest of the MCU has that in *spades*.
It's hard to like a show when you don't like the characters, I have plenty of those. For Me, I love AoS, I think I obsess over this show more than any another and it's because of Coulson. Fitz is my second favourite and has been since the first episode and especially more so in F.Z.Z.T. May is third, my favourite episode of hers is T.R.A.C.K.S. I have struggled liking the new members but I appreciate them now more than I did in the beginning when they were first introduced and that goes for Trip (miss him), Bobbi, Hunter and Mack.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just want Ward to go away.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

Skye is really the only character I've grown attached to, minus Coulson (because of the movies, I'm not sure I would've had the same attachment to Coulson if all I'd seen was AOS).

I do love Skye, and I'm probably watching for her at this point. I was never on board SkyeWard, nor do I care for any would be relationship with Lincoln if they go in that direction.....but I've always liked Skye, even when it seemed like everyone hated her. I've enjoyed her journey. And Chloe Bennett has always made her seem very relatable and real to me.

I tend to think of fic possibilities in my head where she becomes an Avenger. I like thinking of her interacting with the main MCU characters. In fanon, I've even shipped her with one of them.

There's just something....missing....for me in AOS with character dynamics. I just haven't gotten too attached.

~Kat

Last edited by TheCheshireKitten; 05-27-2015 at 08:13 PM
Old 05-28-2015, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Heh, I was a Skye/Chloe fan too, way back in Season One when she was being blamed for why AoS was failing.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

I remember those days! She was the only character I instantly liked

~Kat
Old 05-28-2015, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Those were the dark days lmao.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think a lot of people complain about her being too much...? Idk, I like her and Fitzsimmons right away they are still my faves till this day

Old 05-30-2015, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey, we can always use more May and less Ward.
Old 06-02-2015, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I honestly thought that they were gonna kill May off in the finale! I was like "okay so either May or Kara is going to die at this point..."

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top