Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2004, 06:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueCollarScholar
Was Scout's Mum ever actually mentioned? Did she get given a name? I'm pretty sure we didn't see her, unless I'm imagining things again . . .
Scout's mom never appeared, and I don't think she was ever mentioned either. I could be wrong, though.
Old 11-27-2004, 07:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Who do I not like as a parent?

Personally I don't like Susan (Will's mother). I would assume that Will's father hurt Susan and Will admitted that his father do hurt him -- I'm still in the limbo when it comes to women who don't leave their husband who hurts them and that there is big possibility that he hurts her child too. Yah, I've heard reasons from a battered wife or girlfriend but still if your husband hurts you -- you should leave him esp. when you have a child -- you put the child at risk and that is what I hate.
Old 11-27-2004, 05:02 PM
Elite Fan

I have to agree with you, I can't understand women like her as well. Of course it must be hard to leave the person you once loved and the person you've shared your life with, but if that person is hurting you and your kid, you should be able to leave somehow...
Old 11-27-2004, 09:16 PM
Master Fan

We've never had confirmation that Brian beat up Susan, though, did we? All I know is that Will definitely gets beaten up sometimes, and also cops a lot of psychological abuse.

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 11-28-2004, 06:41 AM
Loyal Fan

I guess, I have a personal thing going with Susan's type -- I'm a little hesitant to share this but...

I've decided to edit this out, if you have read this -- it's okay but after a few hours there has been a nagging feeling in my stomach that I can't erase so I must delete this, it was too personal. Hope you won't take this against me....

Last edited by dareyou; 11-28-2004 at 11:09 AM
Old 11-28-2004, 02:13 PM
Ultimate Fan

And now you made me really curious about that deleted post...

The time has come to watch Smallville. Join the 2009 Smallville Marathon!
Old 11-28-2004, 02:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Silversun
We've never had confirmation that Brian beat up Susan, though, did we? All I know is that Will definitely gets beaten up sometimes, and also cops a lot of psychological abuse.
Even if Brian didn't hit her and only hit Will, I'd still say that she should've left him. He was hurting her child, after all.
Quote:
Originally posted by dareyou
I've decided to edit this out, if you have read this -- it's okay but after a few hours there has been a nagging feeling in my stomach that I can't erase so I must delete this, it was too personal. Hope you won't take this against me....
Why would we? It's completely okay if you don't want to share things that are too personal, I wouldn't want to share some things with everyone here as well. Don't worry about it.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:05 AM
nki
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by wolkenfuehlen
but if that person is hurting you and your kid, you should be able to leave somehow...
it's weird when people say that they can't have a divorce or just can't leave because "they're doing it for the kids". if they really want to do something for their children, they should know what's really best for them. trying to make a relationship work and being the patient one is noble and may seem like the right thing to do most of the time, but i think there are still certain limitations...even with love..

Who would I rather have as a mom? I'll still say Monica...

one question: Was -Kate- played by another actress in the unaired pilot?
Old 12-02-2004, 08:30 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, she was. I can't remember, but Green Ranger was talking on another thread about the unaired pilot!Kate having interesting chemistry with unaired pilot!Finn.

Old 12-21-2004, 06:44 AM
nki
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Yeah, she was. I can't remember, but Green Ranger was talking on another thread about the unaired pilot!Kate having interesting chemistry with unaired pilot!Finn.
i think so too...unaired pilot finn/kate were both quite young though..kate didn't even look like a mom.I understand what Green Ranger was saying about the affair. The unaired pilot showed more of the relationship instead of the guilt or the consequences they felt. I'm not sure which one I would have preferred. The Kate who was somehow feeling guilty about what she was doing, yet still kissing Finn behind closed doors...or the one who just goes for it and who's almost isn't afraid of getting caught.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:56 PM
Master Fan

I like series!Kate and Finn better, because there is more scope for secrecy and sneaking around and fun plotlines like that.

Old 12-24-2004, 01:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

Kate and Finn don't look that old in "Kiss and Tell" either. Finn is actually pretty hot the first time he walks into the lake. I don't remember what Steven looks like though so if anyone can post a screencap of him, it would be nice. Does anyone have a feeling the Kate's moral conflict with her affair would affect how she reacts if she find's out about Hamilton and Jake?

Speaking of J/H, it would be funny if Kate and Steven met Monica. Not to Jake though because Monica would be so embarrasing. When she asked Jake about her sex life, I could see Monica blurting out a lot of inappropriate stuff in front of them.
Old 12-24-2004, 01:45 AM
Master Fan

I never got a very good grasp on Monica as a character. Is she someone who is so self-involved that she just doesn't think about how she could embarrass the people around her? She's also sophisticated though, a very worldly woman, so maybe she shows restraint in front of other people. I can't help but think that the sex talk with Jake was just because she doesn't know how to interact with her daughter, and not because she doesn't know how to interact with people in general.

Quote:
Originally posted by Celera:
Does anyone have a feeling the Kate's moral conflict with her affair would affect how she reacts if she find's out about Hamilton and Jake?
Interesting point, and I think there's definitely scope for that. New Beginnings took it down that road, I'm pretty sure.

But on the other hand, I personally don't think her affair should affect how she treats the J/H relationship when she finds out. First and foremost she is a mother, and as a mother I think her first instinct would be to split the two of them apart because Jake was pretty freakish in doing what she did.

Here's a pic of Steven.

Old 12-26-2004, 02:12 AM
nki
Absolute Fan

Quote:
But on the other hand, I personally don't think her affair should affect how she treats the J/H relationship when she finds out. First and foremost she is a mother, and as a mother I think her first instinct would be to split the two of them apart because Jake was pretty freakish in doing what she did.
yeah but it's also possible that she sees herself in jakeandham. I could imagine Hamilton telling her that she wouldn't understand any of it, which may make her realize the similarities of their situation..I just wonder what will happen with the dean. We never really knew how he was with his family...besides the fact that he wasn't around so much.

I think as far as interaction goes, Monica knew how to talk with her daughter. She just didn't know how to do it in a way that would make Jake respond. It's probably the same for Jake, that's why she tried to find ways to make her mother see the real her. But I could still see their relationship working out because they just both wanted to be understood and at the same time, understand the other person...
Old 12-26-2004, 03:49 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by nki
But I could still see their relationship working out because they just both wanted to be understood and at the same time, understand the other person...
I could see the oposite of that although they both want to work out their relationship, I fear that it would take years before they could actually bridge their gap... I mean, they no longer have time for each other -- Jake is beginning to have more serious problems and she no longer crave her mother's attention like before...

I think, personal opinion, when you enter puberty your conflict and issues with your parents widens and although part of you wants to resolve that...things are not as easy as before plus your issues with your parents becomes your least priority at that stage. Maybe part of it is denial, that you're beginning to see your parents as human with their own mistakes and issues.