Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-10-2004, 03:53 PM
Master Fan

Episode discussion - 1x02: Our Town (old thread)

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] TO BE OR NOT TO BE... A TOWNIE [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]

Achieving his life-long goal of escaping the wrong side of the tracks, Will Krudski thought his life would be perfect once he began at Rawley Academy, but trying to reconcile his new life with his old ties tests his growing friendship with Scout Calhoun. Scout and Bella test the waters of their own newly platonic relationship and the end of their love affair, but Scout’s jealousy over an admirer leads to a bloody brawl. Meanwhile, Hamilton and Jake work through their own weird moments and find a common ground of friendship. James Whitmore, Jr. directed the episode written by series creator Steven Antin.

Full transcript (pdf)

(hopefully more caps to come later)

Hmm... what I loved about this episode was the growing intrigue of Jake and Hamilton. The whole "I know I am, I mean I know I'm not, who you think I am, I'm not!" speech had me in hysterics. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 04-11-2004, 08:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for posting the script. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I love reading it.

I used to be schizo but now we're fine.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:14 AM
Loyal Fan

"Yeah - try conquering one industry at a time." And again, Bella is there with the snark. Scout just smiles radiantly every time.

Whatever else, he's sweet natured.
Old 04-12-2004, 05:16 PM
Master Fan

Scout is lovely. I think he's clearly the victim in this episode - I mean, he held back when Sean taunted him in the diner, and Sean started the fight.

I love the 'minimising Coke spillage' line. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Anyone else finding Sean really annoying? He just seems like this big dumb jock who gets all jealous and petty. I guess in some ways it's justifiable because of Townie Mentality or whatever, but I still don't like him.

Will's dive off the docks was picture-perfect. I wonder if they had a body double for that or if Rodney did it himself. Looked really impressive! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

It was mean of Hamilton to ignore Jake when she asked him about going for a bike ride. I mean, I could have at least said "no thanks", or something. Would that have been so hard? [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Old 04-13-2004, 04:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Love Mark F's face and tone when he says the line "..or did you just come here to brighten my day?"
Old 04-14-2004, 12:17 AM
Master Fan

After sitting down and viewing this episode objectively (i.e. not just skipping ahead to all the J/H moments), I actually think Scout's scenes were probably the best in the episode. He's consistently charming/funny and interacts well with the other members of the cast. The last scene with Kyle Stratten is very good. [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img] Hey... anyone else think Kyle Stratten looks like The Most Beautiful Boy in All the World, Jonathan Rhys Meyers? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 10-04-2005, 03:01 AM
Obsessed Fan

Just watched this episode a few weeks ago.

The bike retrieving scene had me in stitches, particularly when the groundskeeper is watching "Felicity"! Also, Jake's quip of 'high times at Rawley'. But then the look on Jake's face when she gets rejected(?) by Hamilton. Had she not mentioned cruising by the Rawley babes, I think Hamilton would have gone with her. At that point, he's confused by his feelings towards Jake. He can feel the attraction between them, but then Jake's confirming that she's not at all gay... So...

"Drink this blood and we'll become immortal, baby..." ["Immortal" by The Rasmus]

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 09-17-2011, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked this episode. Bella and Scout and Bella and Sean. When Sean beat Scout up at the party. I like matt Czuchry in this and Sean already.
Old 09-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Loyal Fan

Moderators: Please consider locking old episode threads

Anja, Sheida,

Our newest poster seems to be dredging up the OLD episode discussion threads (like this one), on which no-one has posted since 2005, rather than post on the NEW episode discussion threads in use since 2006 or so. He/she's resurrected the episode discussion threads for episodes 1, 2, 3 and 4 -- all of which had been inactive since 2005, having been superseded by new episode discussion threads.

Should you perhaps lock the old episode threads? To have two active threads on the same subject (an episode of YA) is confusing and can be disruptive.

Last edited by Finnegan; 09-19-2011 at 06:37 PM