Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2014, 04:49 PM
Master Fan

Fraid so.

It should be remembered though, that while Jennifer has become the poster girl for this (regrettably), it is a massive number of women who been affected by it (it's the largest hack of this sort of material in Hollywood's history), and that means that most everybody's going to get asked about it, particularly those with a connection to any of the women involved.

I just hope it fades away for the most part, by this time next month. If I had my druthers, Jen wouldn't be asked once about this, and would be exactly the same as she's always been, and can move on comfortably and with as little embarrassment as possible.
Or the man who's half a boy.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Last edited by TPF1138; 09-11-2014 at 10:39 PM
Old 09-11-2014, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

It sucks right now, but we just have to wait it out. In a few days the Mockingjay trailer will be out and everyone will be buzzing over that. I really think that by the time she starts promoting the movie the media will be over it and will go back to talking about her wacky interview antics. The very first interview she does (which will probably be Letterman, I'm not sure) will get a lot of attention because everyone will want to see if she talks about the pictures or how she acts during it but after that it will be over. Also Letterman clearly likes her a lot so I feel like if that is the first appearance she makes, that he'll be nice to her about it.

Also this is a nice quote from that same new Josh interview:

Quote:
Hutcherson is grateful that the young cast of The Hunger Games series isn’t seen by the public as being inextricably linked to the property, which affords him the opportunity to dive into edgier projects like Escobar. That, he says, is because of Lawrence.

“We got lucky!” he says. “I think it helps so much that Jennifer is who she is, and has done the work that she’s done. It gives us more credibility that we’re associated with her, since she’s been nominated for multiple Oscars and won one.”
It's really sweet and he's so right, I don't think any Harry Potter or Twilight movie was ever as critically acclaimed as the Hunger Games films are and that's largely due to Jennifer's performance as Katniss and the fact that she is so respected by critics. She always brings it.

"A powerful woman is someone who exudes confidence, who can be tough but fair and kind. And who knows how to get what she wants."
Old 09-11-2014, 11:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo-4-Life (View Post)
The very first interview she does (which will probably be Letterman, I'm not sure) will get a lot of attention because everyone will want to see if she talks about the pictures or how she acts during it but after that it will be over. Also Letterman clearly likes her a lot so I feel like if that is the first appearance she makes, that he'll be nice to her about it
I have to say, I very much hope that Letterman is her first television interview (there will be magazine interviews before then I’m sure). Dave seems more than just to like her; I think he’s genuinely protective of her. He’ll look after her.

I think you’re right too, that will be the finish of it. Her publicist will more than likely make the topic off limits for the press junkets (except perhaps for a few select outlets), and by the time the movie’s out (and critics are raving about her again ) the whole thing will be in the rear view.

My only concern is really how this might affect her interaction with the media going forward. Her openness and her honesty have been so very refreshing, and it would be a shame to see her close herself off. It’s something I‘ve been fearful of since I first watched her be interviewed. It seemed impossible that she’d be able to get through all the Hollywood bull****, and be able to remain like that. I had started to think that she would though, and that I was wrong, but that anxiety has returned with a vengeance this past two weeks.

Please don’t let this change her. Don’t let them turn her into some guarded over coached slab like so many of her contemporaries. Don’t let this kill her uniqueness. I take comfort from the relaxed manner in which Josh spoke about the situation though. There’s clearly anger there, and frustration, but there was the flash of a smile, an understanding of how this is just a moment in time perhaps.

I just hope she’s okay…

Quote:
I don't think any Harry Potter or Twilight movie was ever as critically acclaimed as the Hunger Games films are and that's largely due to Jennifer's performance as Katniss and the fact that she is so respected by critics. She always brings it.
I like Josh’s quote a lot, and I think you’re right. While some of those movies were certainly liked (particularly the Harry Potter series), Jennifer’s presence in The Hunger Games franchise has definitely garnered it a level of respect from critics that these types of films rarely receive. It should be noted though that Gary Ross’s involvement is a huge factor in that as well. He’s a highly regarded filmmaker, and his decision to direct the first movie brought immediate credibility to the whole enterprise.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 09-12-2014, 12:10 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I like Josh’s quote a lot, and I think you’re right. While some of those movies were certainly liked (particularly the Harry Potter series), Jennifer’s presence in The Hunger Games franchise has definitely garnered it a level of respect from critics that these types of films rarely receive. It should be noted though that Gary Ross’s involvement is a huge factor in that as well. He’s a highly regarded filmmaker, and his decision to direct the first movie brought immediate credibility to the whole enterprise.
As much as Gary Ross involvement has its value and merits till then we've seen that the Hunger games can go on (and so very well indeed) without him ...
Where we can't even imagine the movies without Jennifer or might I say with someone else if not her.

Quote:
I don't think any Harry Potter or Twilight movie was ever as critically acclaimed as the Hunger Games films are and that's largely due to Jennifer's performance as Katniss and the fact that she is so respected by critics. She always brings it.
So true, on another thread I was about to say quite the same thing... Jennifer's performance in those films is such a great one it gives them a credit that not any other of their kind has/had ever.She 's first class icing on the (Hunger games) already good cakes (books) !
Best female characters : Lorelai(Gilmore girls),Claire(Outlander),Scarlett(Gone with the Wind),Kahlan(Legend of the seeker),Miss Parker(The Pretender),Katniss(The Hunger games),Bones(Bones),Bree (DH),Root (POI),Spencer(PLL),...
Old 09-12-2014, 12:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanours (View Post)
As much as Gary Ross involvement has its value and merits till then we've seen that the Hunger games can go on (and so very well indeed) without him ...
Where we can't even imagine the movies without Jennifer or might I say with someone else if not her.
Yes, but Ross gave the whole thing a credibility in the first instance, that critics couldn't ignore. If they'd started with Francis Lawrence, critics wouldn't have been so ready to accept it. In fact there would have been a bit of lamenting about Jennifer getting involved I suspect.

But make no mistake, it''s Jennifer that carries that franchise, and both Ross and Lawrence realised that almost immediately. She is their greatest asset.

These films live and breath on the strength of what she does in them.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 09-12-2014, 04:51 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
It sucks right now, but we just have to wait it out. In a few days the Mockingjay trailer will be out and everyone will be buzzing over that. I really think that by the time she starts promoting the movie the media will be over it and will go back to talking about her wacky interview antics. The very first interview she does (which will probably be Letterman, I'm not sure) will get a lot of attention because everyone will want to see if she talks about the pictures or how she acts during it but after that it will be over. Also Letterman clearly likes her a lot so I feel like if that is the first appearance she makes, that he'll be nice to her about it.

Also this is a nice quote from that same new Josh interview:

It's really sweet and he's so right, I don't think any Harry Potter or Twilight movie was ever as critically acclaimed as the Hunger Games films are and that's largely due to Jennifer's performance as Katniss and the fact that she is so respected by critics. She always brings it.
Yer that's true but it's also to do with Jen herself HP cast was too young to do a thing else Twilight the actor didn't do much in between Jennifer as an actress worked her butt off when she wasn't doing HG she was doing silver lining or x men etc I respect her cause she did things outside of HG and she won for those acting roles she's known for being Jennifer. Lawrence not That actress that plays Katniss which is great for her in the long run ..

Plus HG did get more credit than the other movies
Old 09-12-2014, 05:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
I respect her cause she did things outside of HG and she won for those acting roles she's known for being Jennifer. Lawrence not That actress that plays Katniss which is great for her in the long run ..
Hear hear! Well said!
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 09-12-2014, 05:53 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPF1138 (View Post)
Hear hear! Well said!
Thank u and that's why I respect her
Old 09-12-2014, 05:56 AM
Master Fan

Because she's earned it.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 09-12-2014, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Music
Alias

Just by being herself, what could be better.
and I will never be captive, or hostage, or confined.
- icon - k-pop - Dave
Old 09-12-2014, 07:19 AM
Master Fan

Precisely! And long may she continue to do so.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 09-12-2014, 08:11 AM
Master Fan

She's definitely earned it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPF1138 (View Post)
I have to say, I very much hope that Letterman is her first television interview (there will be magazine interviews before then I’m sure). Dave seems more than just to like her; I think he’s genuinely protective of her. He’ll look after her.
Yes, exactly. He's probably the toughest late night host anyway and I really don't see him being anything but nice to her. Most guests get like seven minutes on his show but her last interview with him was like twenty minutes long lol.

As for her personality in interviews, I don't know. I'm really really hoping she doesn't lose her spark.

"A powerful woman is someone who exudes confidence, who can be tough but fair and kind. And who knows how to get what she wants."
Old 09-12-2014, 09:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
As for her personality in interviews, I don't know. I'm really really hoping she doesn't lose her spark.
That's what I'm most concerned about.

Her career will be fine, but I worry about that light she gives off. I really hope this hasn't dimmed it. I can't even stomach the thought that it might have put it out

It's possible though, that even if it's missing through this next wave of press, it might only be a temporary thing. It might reignite for the next time we see her.

But it's going to be agony if that's the case.

I hope she comes out, and kills whatever her next Late Night appearance is, with all her usual charm, and light, and humour, and makes the whole world remember why it fell in love with her in the first place.

Come on, Jen! You can do it!!!
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Old 09-13-2014, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know this has nothing to do with jen but

I MET JOSH

I DID IT I DID IT NOW I HAVE A SELFIE WITH MY JENJEN AND MY JOSHIE

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 09-13-2014, 02:31 PM
Master Fan

Pleased for you, Hannah.

I hope you left him in the condition you found him.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Closed Thread   Post New Thread