Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Master Fan

Giraffes or death.

He cleans up so well .
Rupert hardly speaks. You're lucky to get anything out of him these days, he just has a wicked sense of humor and he's very eccentric and very unique in the way that he does things. He's like a big kid. I feel like he'll never grow up, which I love.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Master Fan

He always did.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Old 09-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

Oh i know he does, he is a very handsome man indeed but there was just something about him in that formal attire you know .
Rupert hardly speaks. You're lucky to get anything out of him these days, he just has a wicked sense of humor and he's very eccentric and very unique in the way that he does things. He's like a big kid. I feel like he'll never grow up, which I love.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:26 PM
Master Fan

Absolutely! Can't disagree with you there!

Old 09-17-2012, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think I like S3 Tom more than S1 & S2 combined.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I think I like S3 Tom more than S1 & S2 combined.
Me too

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 09-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Master Fan

Is it because you've seen more of him? Inquiring minds want to know?

Old 09-18-2012, 12:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

He looks so handsome in the formal attire.

I loved all the Tom we got in the premiere. Such a highlight! He's plan awesome! :love;
Old 09-18-2012, 03:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshBench (View Post)
...I always wanted to see him drunk but then I didn't want him to BE a drunk. This was perfect because he was blameless. Plus, it was ludicrous but at the same time awesome. . .
Yes, it was ideal because it was entertaining but actually helped bind him to the Crawleys. I did wonder why they didn't bundle him out of the room when they thought he was drunk but in the end it was a perfect scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by confessor_meggy (View Post)
I thought she was actually smart to change the subject and cool him down
Changing the subject was tactful but the subject she chose was embarrassing and just emphasised the differences between them, Irish gardens - in the Crawleys' minds that means large estates with vast grounds, Tom's experiences would have been very different. Cora was being nice but she didn't help on that occasion.

Spoiler:

Last edited by EnglishLady; 09-18-2012 at 03:54 AM
Old 09-18-2012, 07:13 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishLady (View Post)
Spoiler:

Ths above contains a few small spoilers, in case i mess up the tagging.
Yay! success!
Old 09-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Loyal Fan

I just wanted to bring this here, its from the link by English Lady

Quote:
Finally, I heard you had an unusual animal encounter while you were filming Man About Dog...
I know what you want to know. In the film there was a scene where I was sleeping on a bed beside a greyhound, and I had to keep the dog calm so we could get the shot. And I'm not going to lie, the way I had to do this was by massaging the dog's balls! It's true, and I'm not ashamed of it... although I hope never to have to do it again. The things you do for the business... The funniest thing was the dog handler on set, who started out saying, "Personally, I find one of the best ways to keep a dog calm in bed is to..." and I was like, "Hang on a minute! How many times have you found yourself in bed with a dog needing to be kept calm? Is this a problem you often encounter?"

Quote:
Yes, it was ideal because it was entertaining but actually helped bind him to the Crawleys. I did wonder why they didn't bundle him out of the room when they thought he was drunk but in the end it was a perfect scene.
ITA
Old 09-18-2012, 09:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijou156 (View Post)
I just wanted to bring this here, its from the link by English Lady

ITA
It was mero, I think, who provided that link.

AL told that story on an Irish chat show last year. He's a good raconteur and ended the story with... "And the dog said to me, 'You could have taken me for a drink first...'!"

I like his sense of humour.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:35 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishLady (View Post)
It was mero, I think, who provided that link.

AL told that story on an Irish chat show last year. He's a good raconteur and ended the story with... "And the dog said to me, 'You could have taken me for a drink first...'!"

I like his sense of humour.
Oh my bad

I agree AL has impecabbly excellent humor I love all his interviews
Old 09-18-2012, 09:58 AM
Master Fan

Care to have a drink ladies?

RoseBennett
Old 09-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

Allen does look great in those pictures and in the first episode of Downton. You got to admit that with Sybil's beauty and Branson's handsome looks that their child is going to be very beautiful.

I love Allen's humor, he's has such a great wit and he's really good at impressions as well.