Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2012, 03:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessღLove (View Post)
Yes, I want to see Mary pregnant in S4 too and not now !
I really want to see Mary pregnant!!!!!! That's bound to her witty snarky comments!!!!!! I love them!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Btw, I've been meaning to ask you, do you have the music from the show? I always listen to it everytime I post here. Particularly "An Ideal Marriage" and "Such Good Luck".
I have to admit that I don't I wanted to buy the soundtrack with the DVD set and the book in the PBS site but then I found out it was for Canada and the US only

Eugenia | tumblr ♔| twitter
Old 08-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
I have to admit that I don't I wanted to buy the soundtrack with the DVD set and the book in the PBS site but then I found out it was for Canada and the US only
Woe for us living in Narnia.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Master Fan

You need to purchase a Region free/Regionless DVD player. That way you can even buy the ITV DVDs which have a whole lot more than the PBS DVDs. I know that they are available on Amazon.com. Whether they ship it outside of the US is a different question.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
Old 08-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
You need to purchase a Region free/Regionless DVD player.
That's not the problem, they only allow people from US and Canda to buy them

Quote:
That way you can even buy the ITV DVDs which have a whole lot more than the PBS DVDs. I know that they are available on Amazon.com. Whether they ship it outside of the US is a different question.
Really ? But the PBS DVDs have special features and interviews ! What do the ITV DVDs have ?

Quote:
Woe for us living in Narnia.
They are totally pushing me towards piracy

Old 08-26-2012, 05:51 PM
Master Fan

I'm sure there are other sources of Regionless/Region free DVD players outside of US and Canada. It's just harder to find.

ITV DVDs have deleted scenes and I think in S1 there was even commentary for some of the episodes (Not sure who did them, but I'm sure one of the fans from the UK can tell you more.)

It's very sad when there's demand in a market to get certain shows, but TPTB choose not to go that route and people end up going the piracy route.

Old 08-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm sure there are other sources of Regionless/Region free DVD players outside of US and Canada. It's just harder to find.
But Scarlet, again, the DVD player is not the problem , they only send the DVDs to Canada and US

Quote:
ITV DVDs have deleted scenes and I think in S1 there was even commentary for some of the episodes (Not sure who did them, but I'm sure one of the fans from the UK can tell you more.)
I want both versions now

Old 08-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Moderator Manager

Ugh, don't even get me started on my woes living in Narnia. My hope is sometimes people upload them on YT. If it's taken down, then of course I buy it. I want to ask relatives in the US to buy for me but I'm 100% sure they won't get it right.

Anyway, back to M/M - I've seen a very up close pic of the S3 promo poster and no engagement wedding ring for Mary in that one. I take it they don't want us to jump into any flailing for now.

Old 08-26-2012, 06:25 PM
Elite Fan

I know someone in the US too but my exact same fear is that she won't get it right

Quote:
Anyway, back to M/M - I've seen a very up close pic of the S3 promo poster and no engagement wedding ring for Mary in that one. I take it they don't want us to jump into any flailing for now.
But can we see both hands in the picture ?

Old 08-26-2012, 06:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
But Scarlet, again, the DVD player is not the problem , they only send the DVDs to Canada and US
Sorry brain is elsewhere. This is what happens when you have guest staying over. You know that there are shipping redirect services from the US where they supply you with a US address to enter and then they will redirect the item to you anywhere in the world. Of course there's a fee to do this but is reasonable I think and it enables you to avoid the world of piracy.

re: promo pic. Isn't Mary wearing gloves in the S3 Promo poster?

Old 08-26-2012, 06:58 PM
Moderator Manager

Scarlet: Yes she is but I was hoping she'd wear the engagement ring outside of her gloves if she doesn't want to take them off but she isn't.

Eug: Yes but we see her covering her right hand. We put the engagement ring on our left ring finger right? Click here for hi-res pic.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Sorry brain is elsewhere. This is what happens when you have guest staying over. You know that there are shipping redirect services from the US where they supply you with a US address to enter and then they will redirect the item to you anywhere in the world. Of course there's a fee to do this but is reasonable I think and it enables you to avoid the world of piracy.
OMG, REALLY ? Can you give me a link or something ?

Quote:
re: promo pic. Isn't Mary wearing gloves in the S3 Promo poster?
I thought she was too

Old 08-26-2012, 07:03 PM
Master Fan

Don't know about anyone else, but I wore white satin gloves at my wedding (which is quite similar to what the sisters wear) and my engagement ring wouldn't have fit over the glove even if I used every trick in the book. Jewelers will fit your ring to the size of your finger so that it doesn't fall off when you wear it without gloves. Don't know if you've looked at the wedding rings of Isobel, Cora and Violet, but they are all tightly fit to their fingers.

Old 08-26-2012, 07:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Don't know if you've looked at the wedding rings of Isobel, Cora and Violet, but they are all tightly fit to their fingers.
Omg how is that I never looked at Cora and Robert's wedding rings

Old 08-26-2012, 07:11 PM
Master Fan

Robert wouldn't have had a wedding ring. Wedding rings for men weren't done until the 1940s to open a new market for rings.