Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-25-2014, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

This isn't Jessica? Kinda looks like her profile.

Love to see this come to TIFF in September. Of course I'm also hoping that Frankenstein will too, along with The Imitation Game so that I can see all three at once.

Last edited by baileycat; 02-25-2014 at 05:27 AM
Old 02-25-2014, 06:25 AM
Extreme Fan

Hmm, it kind of does but I assumed it wasn't because she plays the waitress at that pub, not a fellow student. That picture is from a university dining hall or something. And they are wearing their tuxes during the scene at the pub (which lasts most of the play).

IDK why Rachel the waitress would be there?

But maybe they switched it around a bit in the movie, IDK.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileycat (View Post)
This isn't Jessica? Kinda looks like her profile.
It does! Haven't seen the movie yet, but one can't deny that woman on the pic looks like Jessica.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Yes, it does. I still can't figure out why she is there, since in the play she only appears during the dinner at the pub (which takes up most of the play).

Maybe she comes to meet them to discuss the plans for the dinner? Because they have this fairly elaborate meal that involves twelve game birds or something and they get quite nitpicky about. She's the pub owner's daughter, so maybe she comes to go over the menu/price with them?

Still seems weird to me. But I suppose they must have changed the script a bit for the movie. That happens all the time.

I hope it means she has a bigger role!

Anyway, I know this can't be at the big dinner at the pub because they're wearing their tuxes for that and here they're just in suits. Or maybe they are having a casual dinner there and ask her about arranging for the big dinner/event? But that still looks like a university dining hall to me, with those huge portraits.

Last edited by HarshBench; 02-25-2014 at 03:30 PM
Old 02-25-2014, 03:46 PM
Extreme Fan

"Jamaica Inn" film set | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

BTS pic from Jamaica Inn! So much good stuff in the past few days!
Old 02-26-2014, 05:28 AM
Moderator Manager

I don't think that's Jessica in the B&W pic. But I can be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshBench (View Post)
"Jamaica Inn" film set | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

BTS pic from Jamaica Inn! So much good stuff in the past few days!
Thanks for this!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-26-2014, 11:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Amber Anderson - IMDb

I think it might be this actress. She plays a small role called "Lady Anne" who is not in the play but was added for the movie I guess.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:30 PM
Extreme Fan

So this is Jessica's schedule for the rest of the year!

April - "Jamaica Inn" miniseries on BBC1

May - "Labyrinth" on the CW

June - "Lullaby" with Amy Adams and Garrett Hedlund in theaters nationwide in the US

September - "Posh" with Sam Claflin and Natalie Dormer and Max Irons in UK theaters….and hopefully in the US eventually?

Nothing for a year, and then five projects in the space of nine months!
Old 02-27-2014, 07:03 AM
Moderator Manager

Harshbench, just a quick reminder that we're not allowed to double post on the same day. Wait 24 hours until you can double post.

Labyrinth on the CW on May 22/23, 8-10PM

CW's 'Labyrinth' miniseries gets a premiere date; season finales for 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Supernatural' also set | Inside TV | EW.com

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 02-27-2014 at 07:09 AM
Old 02-28-2014, 04:38 PM
Extreme Fan

Colin Farrell HQ

A few great pic of Jessica with Colin on this site. I don't know where they are from so I had to link this person's page. Hopefully they'll still be near the top
Old 03-01-2014, 07:05 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for the Tumblr link!

Old 03-05-2014, 05:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Daniel Radcliffe resembles Willy Wonka as he arrives on Frankenstein set | Mail Online

Jess in Frankenstein costume!

Doesn't she look like Scarlet O'Hara in her green dress? The one she made from the curtains?
Old 03-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Jessica in her Lorelei costume!

Can't wait to see her make out with Dan!
Old 03-06-2014, 05:44 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshBench (View Post)
Daniel Radcliffe resembles Willy Wonka as he arrives on Frankenstein set | Mail Online

Jess in Frankenstein costume!

Doesn't she look like Scarlet O'Hara in her green dress? The one she made from the curtains?
She looks lovely as always!

Old 03-07-2014, 11:42 AM
Loyal Fan

There’s a short interview with Jessica in the March 3rd edition of People magazine:

Q: You went from playing Lady Sybil on Downton Abbey to starring in your first Hollywood movie with Colin Farrell in Winter’s Tale. Intimidating?

I had to pinch myself during my scenes with Colin and Russell Crowe. I said “This can’t be really happening!”. Acting is like a game of tennis: If you’re working with someone brilliant, you have to up the stakes, and I love that challenge.

Q: When did you start acting?

I trained as a ballet dancer until I was 18, but due to an injury I had to stop. I went to university in London and discovered theater. I’ve always been a bit odd and dramatic.

Q: Why did you leave Downton?

I wanted to push myself creatively. I was afraid of becoming too comfortable. It was a special thing to happen in my career. I’ve managed to catch a few episodes, and I was like, “There’s everyone!” Or, “That must have been fun to do.”

Q: Do you keep in contact with the cast?

Yes. I am very close with my sisters, Michelle [Dockery] and Laura [Carmichael]. There’s a close bond between us.

Q: In the film you fall for Colin. How were the kissing scenes?

Quite nice. It’s always good to brush your teeth.

The caption on her photo: Now starring in Winter’s Tale, the British actress, 24, says she’ll be “forever thankful” for her role on Downton Abbey.

I love it when an actress is asked how the kissing scenes were. What is she going to say "They were horrible and I couldn't stand them?". I think the interviewer could have come up with a more insightful question than that.

It was nice to hear Jessica say how thankful she is for Downton and that she keeps in touch with Michelle and Laura.