Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2014, 01:30 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie.suze (View Post)
Hard to believe that was a vintage gown she wore, there's a little story behind it here, which explains why it looked so new.

Downton Abbey series finale: guide to Lady Rose wedding dress as Lily James' character gets married
Thanks for this! I haven't read this yet and will do for later.

The wedding dress was beautiful. Should we change the thread title to Rose Aldridge now?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-11-2014, 10:49 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Thanks for this! I haven't read this yet and will do for later.

The wedding dress was beautiful. Should we change the thread title to Rose Aldridge now?

http://38.media.tumblr.com/ddb002648...qoaqo1_500.jpg
http://31.media.tumblr.com/95234938f...wi9so1_500.jpg
I'll leave the decision up to you Lindsay, I actually prefer Rose's maiden name, I wonder if she'll be back for S6.
Thanks for the lovely pics hun. xxx
Old 11-11-2014, 10:20 PM
Moderator Manager

Tbh, I'd be fine with Rose leaving. In the grand scheme of things, we can actually do away with the character. Yes she's a relative of the Crawleys but I feel like she was used more as a plot device just to add some drama on the show.

Love this!

x

Old 11-12-2014, 04:11 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

She looks gorgeous in all those pictures

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 11-12-2014, 10:21 PM
Moderator Manager

lilyjamesofficial:
We're ALL feeling nuts with @check_onetwo .. @bellalheathcote @sukiwaterhouse @violettegreen @millie_brady .. Go Grab !

Old 11-13-2014, 12:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Tbh, I'd be fine with Rose leaving. In the grand scheme of things, we can actually do away with the character. Yes she's a relative of the Crawleys but I feel like she was used more as a plot device just to add some drama on the show.

Love this!

http://33.media.tumblr.com/e215d170b...zkfpo1_500.jpg
x
That's a cute pic, she's still a part of Downton so maybe a little early to do away with her, and I like the update's on Lily. I'm assuming Rose will be in the Christmas episode, since she didn't have a proper goodbye in the last one.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:17 PM
Moderator Manager

Yes I assume she is in the CS. I think she will still be in S6. Do we know where she's staying now that she's married or we'll probably find that out in the CS?

Old 11-14-2014, 05:58 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yes I assume she is in the CS. I think she will still be in S6. Do we know where she's staying now that she's married or we'll probably find that out in the CS?
I wasn't sure if she was going to be in S6 or not, we'll wait and see, and I'm not sure where they'd live either, as you say all the questions will be answered in the CS.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:22 PM
Moderator Manager

I'm actually fine with Rose leaving. Her addition on the show as a main cast wasn't really that exciting and I was hoping she would be, I don't know, more interesting? I can't quite pinpoint it but I do feel like there's something lacking with the character overall.

Old 11-15-2014, 07:39 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I'm actually fine with Rose leaving. Her addition on the show as a main cast wasn't really that exciting and I was hoping she would be, I don't know, more interesting? I can't quite pinpoint it but I do feel like there's something lacking with the character overall.
She had potential to be exciting, a little like Sybil, which she was more or less a replacement for, but apart from her interest in Jack Ross, I don't think she was very well served by JF, something lacking as you say.
I certainly thought she might end up with someone a little more thrilling than Atticus, and the way their romance was rushed along by JF was just laughable.

Scans are here from last week's Radio Times magazine. http://lily-james.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=204
as well as the article on Rose's dress, there's a fun piece about Downton on Twitter.

Last edited by carrie.suze; 11-15-2014 at 08:37 AM
Old 11-15-2014, 10:09 PM
Moderator Manager

It's also how the character was written too, there's something with her personality that is just...okay. In S3 we see her interacting with Bates & Anna and for the past seasons, that seems to be non-existent for them.

Thanks for that! I'm glad they have scans up for that RT article.

There's also an article on the DM about Cinderella here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...oing-ball.html

Old 11-16-2014, 08:58 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
It's also how the character was written too, there's something with her personality that is just...okay. In S3 we see her interacting with Bates & Anna and for the past seasons, that seems to be non-existent for them.

Thanks for that! I'm glad they have scans up for that RT article.

There's also an article on the DM about Cinderella here: BAZ BAMIGBOYE: Lily's super-cool Cinders is going to have a ball | Daily Mail Online
Thanks for the article Lindsay, and I love your avatar of Mary and George, so cute.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:33 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm okay with Rose being written out of the show, too. I really liked her, but that rushed romance with Atticus now has really destroyed any interest I had in her. She could have been interesting, she could have matured, found a purpose, do something really worthwile.

Instead she found her fairy prince and I found it completely corny. Also it was so obviously put in to write her out, that I couldn't help but roll my eyes. I don't see how we were supposed to get invested in the couple. Maybe it was for the younger audience, but for me it was just ridiculous, sorry.

I think we will see her from time to time or hear from her, but I hope Rose/Atticus won't take too much screentime from the characters that I really care about.
Old 11-16-2014, 11:39 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andorra (View Post)
I'm okay with Rose being written out of the show, too. I really liked her, but that rushed romance with Atticus now has really destroyed any interest I had in her. She could have been interesting, she could have matured, found a purpose, do something really worthwile.

Instead she found her fairy prince and I found it completely corny. Also it was so obviously put in to write her out, that I couldn't help but roll my eyes. I don't see how we were supposed to get invested in the couple. Maybe it was for the younger audience, but for me it was just ridiculous, sorry.

I think we will see her from time to time or hear from her, but I hope Rose/Atticus won't take too much screentime from the characters that I really care about.
That's probably why they didn't bother to find a very charismatic actor to play Atticus, it was just so hard to believe Rose could fall for him that fast. the whole SL from start to finish was pretty laughable, and as you say how could we invest in them as a couple in such a short amount of time.
I like Rose, but if she left she wouldn't leave such a big hole as Matthew or Sybil did.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:42 PM
Moderator Manager

She already had her moment in the last ep, is there more to tell? I don't see any reason for her to stay in the Abbey now that she's married.

Has it been officially confirmed that S5 is Lily James' last? Because if that is the way that they're writing off Rose on the show, then it's okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie.suze (View Post)
Thanks for the article Lindsay, and I love your avatar of Mary and George, so cute.
Thanks!

Love this BTS of Lily.

x