Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-30-2013, 08:37 PM
Moderator Manager

And perhaps the family should know about all these plans too. It looks like Gregson will be going to one of Cora's dinners next month so might be a good time to get to know him a bit more. Violet may grill him though. Although I fear that Robert will scrutinize him even further. Cora will love him though, I agree with Edith about that.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-19-2014, 06:11 PM
Loyal Fan

This thread needed a bump in the worst way! It was buried so deep I thought I'd strike oil before I got to it!

I really like Edith and Michael as a couple. They had some very sweet scenes. I would like to have seen more of their relationship's progression. If we had seen more of their development as a couple I would be more invested in them. Michael was quickly very smitten with Edith but I'm not sure where she was coming from. Did she love Michael just because he loved her or was there more to it than that?

I was confused by the way Robert avoided Michael like the plague during the house party. Why was he so rude? Couldn't he show some interest in Michael knowing that Edith cares for him? In season three Matthew found out that Michael is married. It isn't clear to me who else in the Crawley clan knows. Maybe Robert knows and that's why he doesn't approve?

I certainly hope Michael wasn't just a glorified plot device so Edith could get pregnant and have all this drama surrounding their daughter. I am rooting very hard that Michael returns safe and sound and that he, Edith and their little girl can have a happy life together. I just used the word "happy" and "Edith" in the same sentence. If the past is any indication, those two words make a very odd couple!

I'm interested to see what happens with these two. If Michael does come back, I'll be very happy and I'm pretty sure I'll let out a "Yay" or two.

They were very cute together....hopefully there are more cute moments to come....

Old 08-19-2014, 09:50 PM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for the bump!

I agree about more development. It seems to me that Edith was quickly smitten by him and he was also quick to declare his feelings for her. And like you, I hope that he wasn't used as a plot device to get Edith pregnant because if he's not back next season (for a closure), then that seems to be the case.

I'm not sure why Robert is not fond of him. Perhaps because he doesn't know him enough or run in his circles? And as far as I can recall, only Matthew knows about Gregson's secret.

Old 08-20-2014, 09:40 AM
Extreme Fan

'This thread needed a bump in the worst way! It was buried so deep I thought I'd strike oil before I got to it!

You're right on there Lauren, thanks for giving it a bump up.

I hope he wasn't just used as a plot device for Edith's pregnancy either, going to be pretty annoyed with the writers if they don't give a satisfactory explanation for his disappearance, but even more I want to see him back with Edith again, that girl's had enough misery as it is.

They were perfect together, would it be too much to hope for another wedding for Edith, this time with the groom saying 'I do.'

Just found this piece of good news, Sherlock's on the missing Gregson case..........

Ha, if only he was.

Last edited by carrie.suze; 08-20-2014 at 12:45 PM
Old 08-21-2014, 12:07 AM
Moderator Manager

LOOOOOL. We all do need the help of Sherlock on this one. Too bad he wasn't alive back then.

I wonder if this thread was bumped for a reason? I may lurk on the Spoiler thread one of these days.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:47 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
LOOOOOL. We all do need the help of Sherlock on this one. Too bad he wasn't alive back then.

I wonder if this thread was bumped for a reason? I may lurk on the Spoiler thread one of these days.
Well the Benedict Sherlock wasn't around then, but Sherlock Holmes has had a lot of incarnations, so maybe there's life in this imaginary plot line yet Lindsay.

Just would like someone to solve this Michael Gregson mystery anyway.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

Gregson needs a healthy send off! It can't stay this way, he may not be Edith's love of her life, but he is so important for her character development. I hope they give us a good excuse for his departure as well
Old 08-21-2014, 09:28 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie.suze (View Post)
Well the Benedict Sherlock wasn't around then, but Sherlock Holmes has had a lot of incarnations, so maybe there's life in this imaginary plot line yet Lindsay.
Haha! I'll be okay with time travel on D.A. if Benedict was willing to play Sherlock for a Sherlock/D.A. crossover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren___Graham (View Post)
Gregson needs a healthy send off! It can't stay this way, he may not be Edith's love of her life, but he is so important for her character development. I hope they give us a good excuse for his departure as well
I agree. He can't just leave like that without any explanation. Strallan I can somewhat understand. He probably doesn't want to face the Crawleys again after what he did to Edith at the altar but with Gregson, we need an explanation from him.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:16 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Haha! I'll be okay with time travel on D.A. if Benedict was willing to play Sherlock for a Sherlock/D.A. crossover.

I agree. He can't just leave like that without any explanation. Strallan I can somewhat understand. He probably doesn't want to face the Crawleys again after what he did to Edith at the altar but with Gregson, we need an explanation from him.
This is one of the BIG unanswered questions on Downton, I think we're all going to be disappointed if there's no satisfactory answer over what's happened to him.

Thinking about Benedict, I wouldn't mind what part he played Lindsay, I'd just be happy to see him at Downton, but maybe the time travel idea could work.

While we're on the subject of Benedict, just had to quickly slip this in.........ha, he looks good wet and wet and even wetter......http://time.com/3160643/benedict-cum...ket-challenge/

Last edited by carrie.suze; 08-22-2014 at 12:52 PM
Old 08-22-2014, 06:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Love the Sherlock angle! Perhaps some kind of crossover episode is what's needed to get this mystery solved!
Old 08-22-2014, 09:24 PM
Moderator Manager

That has got to be my favorite Ice Bucket challenge hands down. I love Cumberbatch!

Gregson has to know that he has a child. That should change a man's perspective in life right?