Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-19-2012, 04:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

Quote:
Her current acting challenge is named Jeannie Van Der Hooven, a mini-shark trying to swim in the cutthroat ocean of corporate consulting on the Showtime series “House of Lies,” which returns next year for a second season.
Bell says her character’s mind-set inspires her, even if she can’t always relate to it.
“Sometimes I have difficulty relating to the choices Jeannie makes, but I have a lot of empathy for who she is,” Bell explains. “I love the fact that she’s determined not to separate herself from the men in the workplace. She knows she’s just as good as them.
“I’m very much intrigued by that mentality. I’m into equality, and I like how ballsy she is.”

Read more: Kristen Bell turns to action comedy in her new film, 'Hit and Run,' co-starring fiance Dax Shepard - NY Daily News
Old 08-19-2012, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Kristen Bell & Dax Shepard: 2012 Do Something Awards Duo | Celebrity-gossip.net
Old 08-20-2012, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

stuff... lots and lots of stuff

do something pics:
more do something:
Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard at 2012 Do Something Awards ARRIVALS - YouTube
Tyler Clary, Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard arrive at 2012 VH1 Do Something Awards - YouTube

cover of zooey magazine august/september was released today:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf

interviews and articles with kristen /hit and run
Kristen Bell teams with fiance in ‘Hit’ comedy - BostonHerald.com
Kristen Bell turns to action comedy in her new film, 'Hit and Run,' co-starring fiance Dax Shepard - NY Daily News
'Hit & Run' reflects the love story of Michigan's Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard | Movies | Detroit Free Press | freep.com
Q&A with Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell | People's Critic: Film Reviews - seattlepi.com
Interview: 'Hit and Run' with Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell

video interviews:
Hit and Run - Interview with Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell - YouTube
Exclusive: Dax & Kristen on Fast Cars & Hot Hollywood Romance - Bing Videos

reviews from the big boys pretty good ones:
Variety Reviews - Hit & Run - Film Reviews - New U.S. Release - Review by Peter Debruge
Hit and Run: Film Review - The Hollywood Reporter
Old 08-20-2012, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

zooey magazine = awesome

Kristen Bell is Zooey’s September cover girl! | ZOOEY MAGAZINE

Quote:
You actually do have two older sisters…who you were not separated from.
[laughs] Yes.

Growing up, did you look up to them?
Absolutely. I don’t know why this is so significant but on this one Saturday night when I was 13 and my oldest sister was 18, I didn’t have anything to do, and she was going to iHop with her friends and said, “Hey Annie do you want to come?” I was floored! Do I want to hang out with a bunch of 18-year-olds at the iHop? Of course I do. I was just so excited to be invited out socially by my cool older sister that I thought, “I hope every single one of my friends sees me tonight.”

Did your older sisters teach you style or help dress you?
My sisters did make me a whole Madonna costume for Halloween when I was 11. That was monumental for me. They worked on it for four or five days–took a pair of my jeans, cut them, put patches on them, drew pinstripes on them. They made me a shirt, and I wore the dog’s collar around my neck and crimped my hair.

You’ve admitted to having a potty mouth. Did that also come from having older sisters?
I grew up such a goodie goodie. I didn’t even say “shut-up” until 2nd grade. I thought shut up was like ****. I would hear 5-year-olds saying “shut up” and it was such a shock to me. My best friend growing up had a horrible potty mouth. She was such a rebel. She even got acrylic nails when we were 10. Such a rule breaker [shakes her head in mock disapproval]. She would try to egg me on to say shut up and I wouldn’t do it. Then it slipped out on the playground one day and I got that first wave of goodbye childhood.

When did boy crushes begin?
I was a late bloomer. I did have a giant poster of Antonio Banderas on my wall, but I never particularly loved Antonio. It was around the time that all my girlfriends were putting up pictures of boys and I just did it because I wanted to fit in. Pulled the first poster I could find of a cute guy and put it up. Then I was like, “Yeah, [in her cool voice] I have posters.”

I assume there’s no pretending when it comes to liking your fiance. What made you fall for funnyman Dax Shepherd?
How much time do you have? He’s extraordinarily communicative. He always says what’s on his mind and normally that can be interpreted as someone that’s bossy or a know-it-all, but I mean it as such a compliment. He tells me when he’s vulnerable and feeling insecure. He manages to be completely masculine and vulnerable at the same time. It’s so attractive. For me it was like…yeah, I’m in!

You have two corgi mutts with Dax.
Lola and Shaky. Dax constantly comes up with new names for our dogs though. Recently he’s been calling one of them the carpet roll. When he walks in our room, he’ll say, “Unroll that carpet and get it off the bed…it stinks.” Hysterical.

Do you dress your dogs up for Halloween like your sisters did with you?
I often do. This year I really want to dress up the dogs as the two mean characters from “Downton Abbey.” O’Brien and Thomas.

Nice! My dog was a chia pet last year. I sewed his entire costume and after he had won the doggie costume contest, I realized that I had just turned into one of those fanatical dog owners.
You’re talking to someone that used to eat her food out of a dog bowl as a kid. I literally thought I was a dog.

It’s that kind of character dedication that probably got you into NYU.
[laughs] Actually…Audra MacDonald was starring in Ragtime just as I was applying for college. She played a slave who had buried her dead slave baby in the backyard, and I was so moved that I chose to sing that song. That African American lament for my audition piece for NYU. Nothing could have been more inappropriate than a tiny white girl coming in singing about her dead slave baby. They were probably thinking, “Geez! The balls on this girl!”

Were you ever told you wouldn’t make it as an actress?
Not often, but you literally just triggered this memory of a teacher. I was singing “Surrey with a Fringe on Top” [from Oklahoma!] and apparently I wasn’t connected and she let me know. She said, “If this is how you perform I just don’t ever see you working” in front of my entire class. Devastated me…and I didn’t know how to make it better. 20 minutes after class ended, I got a call that I had booked my first Broadway show [Becky in Tom Sawyer]. It was the sweetest irony I’ve ever had in my life.

And you haven’t stopped since. “House of Lies” got picked up for a second season. What is it like working with such a talented cast?
Don Cheadle keeps you on your toes and Josh has access to my funny bone that is almost inappropriate. I don’t know why, but everything he does sends me into a fit of giggles. I’ve been into Billy Joel since he was on American Idol, and whenever I start singing to myself, Josh will come up behind me and whisper, “I’m sorry. I’m going to need you to pipe that down. I’ve got a headache.” He’s so dorky which I really love.

With Showtime seasons being so short, you’re able to still do films. Tell me about “Hit and Run.”
Best experience of my life. Being a couple, there were a lot of very real moments captured on screen that we triggered by fighting and saying awful things to each other off camera. We wanted to make it as raw as possible and for it to be like some of the fights we had at the beginning of our relationship before you figure out who you are in relation to that other person. When you’re still hanging onto your individuality and independence. I’m so proud of this film.

What was it like co-producing with Dax?
Having watched it from its conception, it holds a bigger place in my heart. It was a family affair and very personal. Dax’s Mom and stepdad flew in to do craft service and make fruit cups. All our friends were involved, we used two of our cars in the movie, and I brought in a bunch of things that were my grandfather’s like his war medals and the afghan my grandmother knitted. Personal artifacts only added to the significance of the experience for me.

You’re sentimental.
Yes. My most treasured possession is my grandmother’s wedding band…and I watch Christmas Vacation a lot. I watch it in the middle of the year. That’s pretty sentimental.

Balanced sentimentality.
[laughs] I’m all about balance. I read someone’s Twitter bio the other day, and it blew me away. “I think everything deserves to be loved, and everything deserves to be made fun of.” I thought, “Wow. You’re speaking to my soul.”
Old 08-20-2012, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Last edited by karamel; 08-20-2012 at 12:29 PM
Old 08-21-2012, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

kristen won the do something award for twitter i'm in shock... and really really happy.
Lea Michele, Ben Affleck, Kristen Bell honored at Do Something Awards | PopWatch | EW.com

articles/interviews:
Q&A: Kristen Bell on 'Hit and Run,' 'Veronica Mars,' more
Kristen Bell is just fine with the passenger seat in 'Hit and Run' - TwinCities.com
Nancy Doyle Palmer: 'Hit and Run' - Serious Summer Fun

Video:
dave koechner - Kristen Bell - Dave Koechner is Your Best Friend Ep. 8 - YouTube
Kristen Bell & David Koechner Sing a Song About Friendship - YouTube

Larry king interview:
Hulu - Larry King Now: Kristen and Dax Answer Your Questions
Hulu - Larry King Now: Kristen and Dax On Dax's Drug Use
Hulu - Larry King Now: Kristen and Dax On Same Sex Marriage
Hulu - Larry King Now: Kristen and Dax On Working Together
Hulu - Larry King Now: Kristen Bell On "Veronica Mars"

junket interviews - other:
Hit and Run: Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard Share Their Love - Movie Fanatic
Exclusive: Dax & Kristen on Fast Cars & Hot Hollywood Romances | Video | Wonderwall
HIT & RUN's Dax Shepard & Kristen Bell Have a Love-In! - YouTube
"Hit & Run" Bell and Shepard
DAX SHEPARD MAKES "HIT & RUN" A FAMILY AFFAIR - The Seven Sees

Kevin and Bean radio interview:
http://www.kevinandbeanarchive.com/a...0and%20Run.mp3

look out for these interviews coming up (over and above the big ones - chelsea and jimmy fallon):
ryan seacrest on today
today show - wednesday
vh1 big morning buzz - thursday
Old 08-21-2012, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

for Do Something Award
Old 08-22-2012, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 08-22-2012, 11:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 08-23-2012, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

today's ridiculously large update

jimmy fallon:
Late Night with Jimmy Fallon - Kristen Bell, Part 1 (8/22/12) - Video - NBC.com
Late Night with Jimmy Fallon - Kristen Bell, Part 2 (8/22/12) - Video - NBC.com
Late Night with Jimmy Fallon - Audience Skee-Ball with Kristen Bell (8/22/12) - Video - NBC.com

other interviews:
Kathie Lee & Hoda - Videos, Clips and Interviews | TODAY.com
Kristen Bell's Labor of Love | Video - ABC News
Kristen Bell talks 'Hit and Run' | CharlotteObserver.com
Raw Video: Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell on acting together - YouTube

radio:
The Bert Show | Real. Funny.
Kristen Bell Reacts To Scott McKenzie Calling Her “His Girl” MIX 105.1

junket interviews:
Hit & Run : Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell Full Interview - Velvet Red TV
Wednesday, Aug. 22, 2012 CBS Baltimore
Elliot In The Morning: Kristen Bell - YouTube
The Kevin McCarthy Show: Hit & Run | GeekNation
http://www.ngtv.com/video/kristen-be...1799555762001/
Hit & Run lovebirds talk real-life romance
Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell Talk Hit and Run
Entertainment Fix: Dax Shepard & Kristen Bell on 'Hit & Run' - Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | FOX 5

interview articles
Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell Talk HIT & RUN, FROZEN, PARENTHOOD and HOUSE OF LIES | Collider
Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell Seem Super in Love -- Vulture
The Cars and Chases of <em>Hit and Run</em> - Popular Mechanics

more zooey outtakes:

Old 08-23-2012, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

gonna be going through withdrawal once all these promos stop
Old 08-24-2012, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Kristen Bell

another great day

tonight we can look forward to piers morgan:
Tonight: Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell – Piers Morgan - CNN.com Blogs

yesterday we had chelsea lately (i can't find the full segment anywhere yet... but it's hysterical )
Chelsea Lately Kristen Bell| E! Online

another celebrity whisper featuring kristen:
Jimmy Fallon's Celebrity Whispers Translates Red Carpet Moments (VIDEO)

and her appearance on vh1 yesterday:
"Kristen Bell On Working With Dax Shepard On Their New Movie" | Show Clip | VH1.com

more junket and promo interviews:
Kristen Bell, Dax Shepard sizzle in 'Hit and Run'
The Yo Show - Yahoo! omg!
Kristen Bell 'Proud' Of Dax Shepard's Directorial Debut 'Hit & Run' | Video | MTV
Kristen Bell Discusses Performing Her Own Stunts With Dax Shepard in Hit and Run

fan story part 2:
I'm a Huge Fan Kristen Bell Episode Two

a ridiculous comment on kristen's career and what she needs to do...
Why Isn’t Kristen Bell a Bigger Movie Star? | NextMovie

and she has put her signature on another campaign.
Celebrities Speak Out: Walmart Pork is Cruelty on a Fork - MFA Blog
Old 08-24-2012, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend