Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2015, 06:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Very good video! Thanks for sharing it!
Old 05-21-2015, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU/MSW-94 (View Post)
Very good video! Thanks for sharing it!
No problem!

Btw are you reading: By and Down? It is more close to canon!Kai than the Kai in The Charade (I loved the new update but I fear the moment when Kai is going to find out that Bonnie is a witch). The chapters are really long and I loved the latest update.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus-Fan (View Post)
No problem!

Btw are you reading: By and Down? It is more close to canon!Kai than the Kai in The Charade (I loved the new update but I fear the moment when Kai is going to find out that Bonnie is a witch). The chapters are really long and I loved the latest update.
I'm going to check out that story now! I had not heard of it prior. Oh man, today's update for The Charade was sizzling but I'm with you, I fear Kai is going to seriously lash out at poor Bonnie, he's going to be destroyed when he learns he's been played all this time
Old 05-22-2015, 10:20 AM
Addicted Fan

The latest update on The Charade... I am nervous as well about Kai's reaction. I think initially he will be furious and lash out but I hope he remembers that he is the one who said she was a good friend. Hopefully once he calms down he will understand her motives. I just wonder how much damage will be done before then. This story is so fantastic! I'm on the edge waiting for updates. I have no idea what is going to happen. I love it. I'm also reading by and down. There are some really talented writers out there who are keeping the Bonkai love alive and I'm so thankful because I'm not ready to let these characters go.
Old 05-24-2015, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

So glad for all the fanfic writers out there
Old 05-29-2015, 12:55 AM
Addicted Fan

Containment gets two more showrunners. No wonder. JP has to be super busy with 3 shows on the CW.

Matt Corman & Chris Ord Join CW Drama ‘Containment’ As Co-Showrunners | Deadline

Last edited by Alayne; 05-29-2015 at 08:07 AM
Old 05-29-2015, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the info

This week there will be a panel with Chris and Kat together. I hope we get many pictures.

Also who read the new update for The Charade? I need a new update asap.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:19 AM
Addicted Fan

I will be checking tumblr for updates hourly about the conventions. Lol. Yes, we definitely need more pictures with these two. I'm sure they are going to be quite entertaining together at the panel.

OMG that update...I just can't handle how intense this story is. It is incredible. The angst makes my heart hurt.
Old 05-29-2015, 04:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm scared to death for Bonnie and her pals! Kai is beyond furious and I have no idea where he just took them the story is amazing though, very riveting and intense! Even when they shared their first kiss, it was intense and sizzling at the same time wow
Old 05-30-2015, 09:38 PM
New Fan

Hi guys! I was looking for somewhere to discuss Bonkai and this wonderful fic Charade and I was so glad to find this place. Have you all read the post that came up Friday night?
Old 05-31-2015, 08:12 AM
Addicted Fan

Welcome doram!! It is always nice to meet more Bonkai fans!!

I have read the update. I love this story to pieces! The author is a sorceress! The whole Bonkai fight with magic was more epic than the one on the show. I think Bonnie came out on top though. But Kai wins when it comes to diabolical plans...poor Caroline. I loved her burning down his abusive corner. I'm glad Tyler finally told the truth. But I'm dying to see Kai's reaction when he learns of his connection to Bonnie in all the alternate universes. I also love the Bennett history that was created. This story is perfection!!!
Old 05-31-2015, 11:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angell4 (View Post)
Welcome doram!! It is always nice to meet more Bonkai fans!!

I have read the update. I love this story to pieces! The author is a sorceress! The whole Bonkai fight with magic was more epic than the one on the show. I think Bonnie came out on top though. But Kai wins when it comes to diabolical plans...poor Caroline. I loved her burning down his abusive corner. I'm glad Tyler finally told the truth. But I'm dying to see Kai's reaction when he learns of his connection to Bonnie in all the alternate universes. I also love the Bennett history that was created. This story is perfection!!!
Angel, you said everything I was thinking! I'm also wondering how Kai will react when he learns Bonnie is Sheila's granddaughter. Sheila plotted with his dad to imprison him and he hates The Bennett name for this reason.
Old 05-31-2015, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by doram (View Post)
Hi guys! I was looking for somewhere to discuss Bonkai and this wonderful fic Charade and I was so glad to find this place. Have you all read the post that came up Friday night?
Welcome to and this board doram! Great to see you here. I'm Kathrin!
And of course I have, every new update makes me even more anxious for the next one.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:48 AM
New Fan

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. The Charade is amazing. I can't get over the last chapter. The way the writer spans all the emotions so naturally. One moment, they're fighting with magic, the next moment Bonnie is healing him, and then setting fire to his childhood's nightmare. Then he keeps thinking about how much he wants to sleep with her. lol.

I hoped against hope the writer would update on Sunday night like she did last week, but no luck. Maybe today. It'll be 3 days right?

There are some other great stories to read while waiting for an update. There's "Intuition, Twice Shy" - it's a non-magical AU but I really like the way the writer writes Bonnie/Elena/Caroline and Kai in it is very much like Kai in the show, only without magic.

Someone up thread mentioned 'By and Down'.

Then there's "Yibbum" which, to quote the summary, is based on Bonnie growing up in Portland and being engaged to Luke. But without spoiling anything because you find out in the first 2 chapters, Bonnie meets Kai in the Prison World in this story, too and he gets out. I love the way Kai interacts with one of his siblings here. Bonnie and Kai haven't met yet again, but the build up is amazing and the flashbacks are very interesting, too.

Finally, there's "The Second". The writer has been quite honest and said that it may end up as Bonkai or Kennett. But it's such a good fic. You'll love how everyone is written. And she really deals with Kai having emotions and remembering all the horrible things he does. Then there's a mystery where Bonnie and Kol are.

And these are just the new stuff. There are tons of great material by 'thefudge is grumpy' and others I can't remember, but if anyone wants I can check through and list all my favourites.

Who knows maybe it's a good thing JPlec killed of Kai and Bonkai and inspired all these great writers. If Kai had lived, I won't be surprised if she ends up pairing him with one of the white Heretic girls and tells us fans that Bonnie is too good and pure to give Kai a chance.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by doram (View Post)
Then there's "Yibbum" which, to quote the summary, is based on Bonnie growing up in Portland and being engaged to Luke. But without spoiling anything because you find out in the first 2 chapters, Bonnie meets Kai in the Prison World in this story, too and he gets out. I love the way Kai interacts with one of his siblings here. Bonnie and Kai haven't met yet again, but the build up is amazing and the flashbacks are very interesting, too.
I'm reading that one too and I love the premise and the writing is really good but tbh I get so confused with the timeline most of the time and that takes away some of my enjoyment