Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-09-2014, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I haven't seen the episode yet but plan on watching in a bit. Looking forward to everyone's comments.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

I hope I am the only one who expect more from new episode and got dissapointed
Watching today's episode I couldn't stop thinking about this season to be the last one. I really hate Emily's story line and it was getting old. The blackouts Emily gets didn't make any sence in this show. I feel like Emily is not longer a leading character...

Victoria with her son and her past story was boring. I was not suprised Victoria's story didn't match the story that guy told their son. It sad the guy was killed in fight and the only thing this story brought was the change of attitude of Victoria's son to his mom I think.

Niko is gone I guess? It was too easy in my opinion. She looked like a fighter to me.

I am still not buying Margo and Jack love story.

First Conrad's wife is Jack's mother??? I did NOT see it coming at all! WOW!!!
Does it mean Jack's brother was her son as well? Can someone remind me if Jack's mother was ever mentioned before at all?
Old 03-09-2014, 10:10 PM
Elite Fan

I know some people thought she might be Jack's mom, but I never thought it was possible. I thought she was a friend of Jack's mom. WOW

I can't wait until Emily finds this out.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic (View Post)
I hope I am the only one who expect more from new episode and got dissapointed
No, I was kind of let down too...

* It really upsets me that they're hinting that Emily's blackouts are because she's mentally ill like her mother. I knew that was a possibility, but I hate that they went there...I just feel like she's suffered enough, and now they're just piling more on.

* Are we supposed to be looking at Blackout!Emily as having some other calculated plan based on some subconscious desire of Emily's? Or is she just doing random, crazy things with no actual agenda? I can't tell, but I'm inclined to go with the latter since we know she set up Aiden and then later tried to reconcile with him.

* Not that I was a fan of the Jimmy story or the Niko story, but they both felt kind of sloppily wrapped up. Like, they were just barely introduced, and now one of them is dead and the other just ran off with her tail between her legs? What?

* Charlotte's big birthday bash felt rather unexplored/unexploited. What was the point? What happened there that couldn't have happened at any other setting? It, like Charlotte, was just wallpaper.

* No Jack/Emily yet again.

* I still don't buy Jack and Margaux.

But I don't want to be totally negative...there were a few bright spots:

* Emily didn't sleep with Conrad -- whew!

* It looks like Jack is about to get some focus (more on that below).

* Aiden has basically washed his hands of Emily, at least for the moment.

* MS did a good job with her scenes.

* Stevie's kind of fun to watch.

Quote:
First Conrad's wife is Jack's mother??? I did NOT see it coming at all! WOW!!!
Does it mean Jack's brother was her son as well? Can someone remind me if Jack's mother was ever mentioned before at all?
Early in the first season it was mentioned that Jack and Declan's mom left their father years before...I believe Declan wanted to pawn her engagement ring and Charlotte took one look at it and told him it was a fake diamond anyway. But I can't remember if she was mentioned after that or if we ever found out if she was dead or alive.

I'm not sure if this means Declan is her son, too. My first guess is no, because Declan was born when Charlotte was, which means Victoria had already been married to Conrad for years. I can't imagine Stevie stayed around the Hamptons that long after her divorce. But I could be wrong...when HC/Conrad spoiled the connection between Jack and Stevie, my best guess was that she was his aunt. Not his mom.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

Great episode

-Loved Stevie, she is definetely a strong figure, kicking both the Graysons out of their homes is ballzy.

-Emily, so is her blackouts caused by the shooting, which activated a per-dispositioned gene?

-Felt sorry for Patrick, being torn between his parents this episode, who are both so flawed, lets admit here, Victoria is no saint and Jimmy was basically pointing that out tonight, she has lied about rape before.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:54 AM
Supreme Fan

I was kind of let down aswell. It was still a great episode, but somehow I expected more of it after such a long break. It had some great moments though.

- I actually like Emily's black outs. They are mysterious, and I tend to believe that it will play a huge part in the second part of the season. That said...I don't hope that she's becoming her mother. I know it's just a theory she and Nolan have at the moment, but I'm afraid they are really going there. Emily has already been through so much...please, not this too.

- Liked the Emily/Conrad/Stevie mystery. Another reason why the black outs are great somehow. The mystery.

- Stevie being Jack's mum made me WTF. I didn't expect that. For a while I did think she was once the mistress of Jack's dad, but after that I imagined she was just a close friend of the family. Didn't expect this. This has potential, especially since Stevie doesn't even seem unlikeable. She seems nice really. Her kicking Victoria out was nice.

- I didn't care much for Victoria's story line. It got resolved in a quik way, and somehow it felt incomplete. Not surprised that they had different stories.

- Same for the Niko story line. It didn't sattisfy. Is this it? That's all I was thinking when I watched it. This is it?

- Charlotte had a birthday. Ok? Again...this is it? It didn't really add something to the episode imo.

- Glad that Aiden broke up with Emily for real now. Thank god. Please stay that way.

- Jack...I will always ship you with Emily, but I'm beginning to like Margeaux more and more.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 03-10-2014, 11:42 AM
Master Fan

I can't wait to watch the episode. I hope it doesn't dissapoint since there was such a long break

Old 03-11-2014, 02:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

Is this show becoming a late night version of The Bold & The Beautiful?

I like Stevie but I am not looking forward to Margauxs dad and Nolans new room-mate, soon to be Charlotte boyfirend. Quit with all the new characters and extraneous storylines, focus on giving depth to present SLs and characters.

Sunil needs to be careful, he's adding too many characters and story strands and it's clear that 'regular cast' have to rotate in terms of 'not much screen time this week'.

This week Daniel had little time and they just about gave Charlotte screen time by having a birthday party which was an elaborate expensive event and added nothing to the show imho. Charlotte is becoming like Declan - a very irrelevant character they struggle to do anyhting with!

I felt the Em/Nolan/Aiden/Niko scenes were the most solid- exploring her mental health and it's reprecussions, but felt Nikos exit was a tad easy - ah well, I hope she's gone.

I have read lots of comments on FaceBook and people are not happy that Emily this season is just losing it, this latest turn of events is one step too far for many. By season end, Emily needs a victory,she needs to be on the up and the Graysons need to pay in some way - not just lose money and status.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Emily's the main character and while she's had her ups and downs, she's always managed to survive. It's tough seeing her so vulnerable with these blackouts. There doesn't even appear to be an end in sight either. Not to mention all of the added characters and storylines. It almost feels like the revenge plot (which is essentially why the show was created in the first place) is taking a backseat to other plots right now. It feels weird. The show needs to get back on track.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:42 PM
Supreme Fan

I was so confused with Stevie being Jack's mom. I was like WTF that's random. But I guess you could kinda of see some hints that she was gonna have some relation to them. I must have missed a lot of them and/or forgot.
It was a Perfect Illusion
Old 03-12-2014, 02:53 PM
New Fan

I was disappointed too.

Here is what I have to say to the producers: Read your facebook! There are some main things that are essential to the show: Revenge! Emily's Payback and the play on Jack/Emily having a potential romance.

As a viewer - I've lost hope!! They want me to think Emily is hopeless and potentially doomed to never revenge again. There is no relationship between her and Jack or even a remote indication of something to come. Jack is happy and ready to settle. Something needs to shake things up with that soon.

Jack and his mom........ugh....well, what will this mean? Maybe he will team up with her. She has insight, knowledge and the power to fight. She'd be good for Jack.....that is if he still wants to pursue his own revenge against the Graysons. Heck, there could be money in it for him. Whooptie do!!!

Sometimes, I think the only reason why I still watch is because I've already invested so much time to just quit.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:23 PM
New Fan

Save Emily!

This show was far more intriguing when a smooth calculating
( blonde) in contol Emily wearing immaculate white or red drained her champagne as her plan was pulled off and we had takedown of the week, sweet, cool, vengence, but what do we have now?!

Daniel had no right to shoot Emily, just because he found out she lied he tries to kill her! Daniel has shot Tylor, Aiden and Emily, and all three of them were unarmed at the time, hes a monstor who has covered up murder to steal his fathers company, and then again to launch his magazine, his sister is the one person he's supposed to care about but he covered up the murder of her childs father and the stress made her lose her baby, and dont get me started on how he treated Sara the supposed love of his life, he turned her into a cheap mistress. Daniel makes me sick he is not innocent anymore it's time he paid.

These days the only ones I symperthise with are Emily, Jack, Charlotte, Nolon, Patrick and even Victoria. Conrad and Daniel can go straight to hell and take Lydia with them.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:51 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
Emily's the main character and while she's had her ups and downs, she's always managed to survive. It's tough seeing her so vulnerable with these blackouts. There doesn't even appear to be an end in sight either. Not to mention all of the added characters and storylines. It almost feels like the revenge plot (which is essentially why the show was created in the first place) is taking a backseat to other plots right now. It feels weird. The show needs to get back on track.
Agreed Not really bothered by the black outs as they are mysterious, but the Revenge plot of season 1 and early S3 seems to be gone again.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiobi (View Post)
This show was far more intriguing when a smooth calculating
( blonde) in contol Emily wearing immaculate white or red drained her champagne as her plan was pulled off and we had takedown of the week, sweet, cool, vengence, but what do we have now?!

Daniel had no right to shoot Emily, just because he found out she lied he tries to kill her! Daniel has shot Tylor, Aiden and Emily, and all three of them were unarmed at the time, hes a monstor who has covered up murder to steal his fathers company, and then again to launch his magazine, his sister is the one person he's supposed to care about but he covered up the murder of her childs father and the stress made her lose her baby, and dont get me started on how he treated Sara the supposed love of his life, he turned her into a cheap mistress. Daniel makes me sick he is not innocent anymore it's time he paid.

These days the only ones I symperthise with are Emily, Jack, Charlotte, Nolon, Patrick and even Victoria. Conrad and Daniel can go straight to hell and take Lydia with them.
If the writers actually give us a backstory on Conrad i can bet he would get more fans too like Victoria has done, something must have happened in his youth to turn him out this way.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by northboundtrain (View Post)
* Charlotte's big birthday bash felt rather unexplored/unexploited. What was the point? What happened there that couldn't have happened at any other setting? It, like Charlotte, was just wallpaper.
Yeah, I was expecting more on her birthday party because it was mentioned in the ep description but there just wasn't really a purpose to the party and nothing exciting happening there.

Hoping Emily's blackouts are resolved soon but that might go to the end of season.

No Jack/Emily scenes, so I was disappointed with that. The episode wasn't bad I guess, but.. eh.